“Morning Rodents Crawiling”

Ranked #19 of 51 Hotels in Fayetteville
Tenessee
“Morning Rodents Crawiling”
Reviewed June 28, 2008

I often stay at Hampton Inns because the quality is consistent from place to place. This Hampton Inn was more like a low budget motel, however with a Hampton Inn price. First of all, I have not been to a Hampton Inn with outside corridors/entrances, but that is what this one had. I read the Tripadvisor reviews and thought this would be the idea room for my family for 3 nights. Each morning my wife and I saw cockroaches crawling on the ceiling. On the second day I notified the front desk staff and was told they are treating the problem due to renovations in the rear of the property the roaches are suspected to have came from the concrete. BEWARE!!! try to get a room away from the rear of the property we were in Room 165. At night we could hear the patrons returning from the walking distance restaurant apparently intoxicated. I will never stay here again and will give the recently new Fairfield Inn across the street a visit when I return to the area again.

Stayed June 2008
1 Thank TravelAllTheTime_8

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
South Georgia
Reviewed June 11, 2008

We happened here on our way home from DC, and what a great surprise! The room was affordable for the family, clean in every way and had a great pool. They even accomodated the children in the fact that they gave us a room very near the pool. It was a wonderful rest for us to continue the trip. The staff were very helpful and passed out maps to the children to help them follow along home. And breakfast was enjoyable for the family and children of all ages.

• Liked — It was clean, friendly and comfy
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
Scranton, Pa
Reviewed June 4, 2008

Stayed there May 22nd enroute to Charleston, SC. Found hotel staff very, very friendly and helpful. I don't think I have ever stayed in a hotel that wanted to make sure that we were comfortable and had everything we needed as Hampton Inn did on this trip.

We arrived at 7PM to the smell of fresh coffee and chocolate cookies in the clean lobby. The front desk offered many ideas for us to eat dinner in Old Fayetteville which had some very nice places to eat that were only about 2 miles from Hampton Inn.

By the time we got to our room we already had a message from Guest Services to see if everything was ok, and if there was anything we needed. The room was very clean and beds were very confortable.

The hot breakfast was good although it wasn't what I expected. They had eggs, pancakes & waffles in bags that you heated up in a microwave. Plenty of cereal, fruit, pastries, bagels, juices & coffee.

This will be my stop on future trips south.

• Liked — It was clean, comfortable, and had friendly staff and good breakfast
  • Disliked — Everything was good..can't think of a negative
  • Stayed May 2008
Texas
Reviewed May 2, 2008

I am not the biggest fan of exterior corridor hotels but I decided to give this one a chance because of the good reviews...I was pleasantly surprised! The room's are not huge but sooo clean:)
Wonderfully soft bedding, loved the comforters! It had a table and chairs, nice little dresser and wardrobe... all the usual ammenities. The pool looked lovely, we didn't get to swim as it was still cold when we were there. The lobby was so nice and well decorated. We were within walking distance from Ruby Tuesdays, and a short drive from Cracker Barrel.
The Ladies at the desk were always sweet and attentive. When asked about the towns historical sites they were so knowledgable and gave us lots of handy info via local magazines and other publications. I only bragg on them about that because we have incountered less than enthusiastic people at other hotels. All in all it was a nice time, it even prompted us to stay in another hampton in Gatlinburg Tenn. on our trip home!

• Liked — Clean!! Up to date!
  • Disliked — Smaller room, still like it though.
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank safestaymom
Ottawa, Ontario
Reviewed April 5, 2008

Prior to returning home from Florida we booked our hotel rooms on the internet. The listing described the hotel as an older property. On our arrival we were pleasantly surprised. On check in the staff was very courteous and accommodating. The hotel is two storey with no elevators and access from outside. The room was totally renovated to what one would expect from a Hampton Inn. The room was very clean and bed was exceptionally comfortable. The complimentary toiletries were nice. We were very pleased with the strong wifi connection even though our room was on the second storey and half way down the building. There are a number of restaurants within walking distance, Ruby Tuesday, etc. The complimentary breakfast was very good and plentiful despite the fact that there was a bus load of people eating at the same time. Will stay there again next year.

• Liked — clean and friendly staff
  • Disliked — no morning newspaper
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank NLW500
New Hampshire
Reviewed December 2, 2007

We stopped here for the night on a road trip down I-95. My wife is allergic to dust, mold, mildew, and perfumes, so we checked out several accomodations at this location (exit 49). This was the least offensive to the nose, but was by no means free of allergens. (The Fairfield Inn was a close second. The rooms there are cleaner, and they are inside, the only non-motel-style accomodations here, but my wife is allergic to Marriot's cleaning products. ) This Hampton Inn did have the advantage of having a door that we could open to the outside for airing out the room a bit. However, my wife still had to take an antihistamine to deal with the allergens in the room. The room was small, but adequate.

• Liked — Decent, clean, basic accomodations
  • Disliked — My wife was somewhat allergic to the room.
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
california
Reviewed October 2, 2007

So pleased with the experience. Very accomodating, large quiet rooms, pool, decent quick breakfast, right next to a Ruby Tuesdays. Couldn't have asked for more. Stayed for a week, but probably could have been comfortable with two.

• Stayed September 2007, traveled on business