“Terrible Accomodations!”

Ranked #18 of 50 Hotels in Fayetteville
Richmond, Virginia
“Terrible Accomodations!”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

I stayed for a business trip and was highly disappointed. I had a car service drop me off and I needed a cab for the airport the next morning. Instead of calling a cab service to pick me up the next morning like most hotels do, she hands me 2 business cards for me to do it myself.This motel didn't even have an ATM! The person at the desk gives me driving directions to the ATM down the road when there's a gas station with one right next door. The rooms are on the outside which is a safety concern for me traveling alone. I would not recommend this hotel for any reason! This hotel needs to get it together.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank April L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
Grand Island, Florida
Reviewed October 9, 2012

We stayed here on our way to Virginia. We used a coupon and got a good rate, but were surprised when the facility was not a hotel with rooms off an interior hallway. We stayed anyway, and the beds were comfortable and the room clean. We were able to walk to a Ruby Tuesday's for dinner (right next to hotel) and the hot breakfast that was offered with the price of the room the next morning was fabulous. We like the Hampton Inns and would stay again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank HulaGirl2007
Bowie, Maryland
Reviewed October 8, 2012

We rolled in late at night after driving all day. The night clerk was friendly, had our reservatioon handy and got us checked in quickly. The first room we went into was supposed to be non-smoking, but somebody had obviously not followed the signs. We called the front desk, and they had someone bring us a new set of keys to a different room and made sure we were all set. The breakfast in th emorning was wel stocked and clean and the staff was real friendly. Not a new hotel, but CLEAN and recently renovated.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Waco, Texas
Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

I made two room reservations, one for myself & spouse, the other for my daughter & her children, not knowing anything about the area, just the fact the motel was in the Ft Bragg area. It was very conveniently located near the interstate, yet quiet. We had a king room with a sofa, a spacious room and quite comfy bed. The desk staff was friendly and helpful. One of the better breakfasts I have had. Fresh fruit, bagels, English muffins, Danish and a lot more. Coffee available in the lobby too. All in all, a very pleasant stay and a good value. Would recommend.

• Stayed September 2012
Bartlesville, Oklahoma
Reviewed September 27, 2012

I give this Hampton Inn an "average" rating only because it is conveniently located, the price is low and the staff is great. Without these positives, I would have rated them lower. Upon arrival, we received one of the warmest, friendliest welcomes I've had anywhere, and the other staff were all great too. The location is just off I-95. When I made the reservation, I noticed that the rate was low , but now I know why. Compared to other Hamptons and comparable hotels, the rooms are small, not particularly well-equipped and are not as clean as most. Unlike most Hamptons, entrances to rooms are on the exterior, motel-style, rather than interior, hotel-style. The common areas and breakfast room are cramped. All-in-all, they do a good job with what they have to work with, but the facility itself is simply not as nice as most Hamptons.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
The Villages, Florida
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Nice hotel conveniently located just off I95. Quite with no highway noise. Ultra clean and comfortable. As others have said, it is old-style with exterior access and no elevator. Just ask for a ground-floor room at time of reservation if steps are a problem.. Staff was courteous and helpful. Free breakfast was adequate. Next to a Ruby Tuesdays and just across from a Shoney's.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Reviewed September 25, 2012

We stayed at the Hampton Inn Fayetteville, NC to get some rest after driving about 11 hours driving from Florida. My choice was made after reading several reviews from Hotels.com and Trip Advisor and I have to say I was quite disappointed. The hotel is conveniently located off I-95 and it was a quiet neighborhood. The entrance for the rooms is outside and the exterior stairs were not exactly clean or easy to access especially if you are carrying heavy luggage. If you have issues with stairs, may ask to stay on the 1st. floor. We stayed on the 2nd. floor, right above where the breakfast room is located. Our room (king and sofa bed) was very small and had a strong smell of dump that even the air conditioner was not able to get rid of. There wasn’t refrigerator or microwave. Linens were ok and bed was somewhat comfortable for an overnight stay. The room was equipped small TV, coffee maker and hair dryer and working wireless connection. The bathroom wasn’t squeaky clean. I’ve found a couple of hairs in different parts of the floor. There were plenty extra towels though. Their breakfast was served in a nice but very small room, equipped with flat screen TV. We were pleased with the variety: cold and hot items, fresh fruits, yogurt, juices, cereal, coffee, tea, pastries, etc. Staff was very polite and helpful. Upon our arrival, we received 2 bottles of water which was a plus. The hotel does have an exterior pool, but we didn’t use. There was plenty parking space. We were able to park right in front of our room. We were able to rest but I would not stay again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family