“Very good place to stay”

Red Lion Inn and Suites Fayetteville
Ranked #20 of 53 Hotels in Fayetteville
Reviewed May 6, 2012

I read the other reviews and I was a little scared because I had already booked before I read them. My mom and I had a great stay. The hotel was in great shape even if it is an older one. I'm pretty sure I've never stayed at a hotel where the staff was as friendly as they are at this one. I will definitely stay there again if I'm back in Fayetteville!

Stayed: May 2012

Reviewed April 20, 2012

This hotel (motel) must have been upgraded since some of these review were written.
Good: convenient to I95, but not so close as to get traffic noise; very friendly attentive staff; excellent hot breakfast; room was clean, comfortable king bed, adequate desk space, plenty of power outlets, good-performing Wi-Fi, bargain price.

Not so good: with motel-like setup (rooms directly on parking lot) you can get some noise from people coming and going. Someone outside my room set off their car alarm before 6:30 am. Nonetheless, I would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank hollyma
Reviewed April 6, 2012

We arrived here last night at around 2 AM... the staff was ready for us, with our key ready to go an a paper to sign after confirming our reservation. The man at the front desk handed me two bottles of water and some snacks, knowing we had just had a very long journey. We got to the room, the lights were on, which was a pleasant surprise, and the room was great. Nothing too fancy, but clean, a nice television, and a comfortable bed. This morning, each member of the staff that we ran into said "hello" and was very helpful in anything we needed. Breakfast had everything we would have wanted, and we were thrilled to have free internet! This Hampton Inn did not disappoint at all, and I would be more than willing to return here on another trip from New York to Florida!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 5, 2012

My wife and I were traveling between Monticello, Virginia and St.Simons Island, GA and happened on the Hampton Inn, just off I-95, Fayetteville, NC. To the person this is perhaps the most caring, welcoming and upbeat staff I have encountered and I am a frequent traveler. The staff went out of their way to ensure our visit was a meaningful one. While this is an older Hampton property it is obviously well managed and all employees seemed to thoroughly enjoy the role they played. Kudos to the management for establishing an environment that is positive and apparently a fun place to work. The rooms and the property were clean and well-maintained. I would use this facility again and recommend it to my friends. .

Room Tip: There is no elevator but there are also only two floors and parking abounds- there are parking place...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 8, 2012

this is aboutg the halfway point in our trip from NJ to Florida, and this is the best place we've stayed in Fayetteville. The room was clean and comfortable, staff was very friendly and attentive, breakfast was great. I can't say anything negative about this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 6, 2012

While working at nearby Ft. Bragg, I stayed at the Hampton Inn Fayetteville I-95. Generally speaking, the Hampton Inn chain typically provides a decent level of accomodation for a fair price. While I was a bit surprised that this particular property was a motel and not a hotel, it still managed to maintain the standards that can be expected at a Hampton Inn. All rooms had exterior corridors, and there was no elevator on this two-story property.

The room was nice and clean. It had the standard Hampton beds and linens. The room was stocked with a refrigerator and microwave. The only thing that it needed that it did not have was a work desk. The room had a sofabed with a coffee table, and that it what I used as a work desk during my stay.

I also made use of the fitness center while staying at this motel. It was a standard fitness room with treadmills and other equipment, and it was well maintained. This was located in one of the rooms on the bottom floor, directly next to the outdoor pool area.

I did not take advantage of the complimentary breakfast, but did notice that the breakfast area was much too small for the number of guests that stayed at this property. When I went to check out one morning, I could barely fit in the lobby with all the people packed in there for breakfast.

Overall, not a bad stay considering that it was a Hampton Inn motel.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 3, 2012

I was very disappointed when I arrived at this Hampton Inn. To me this was a Red Roof Inn with the Hampton name. I have stayed at Hamptons in Wilson, Sarasota, and St. Augustine and they all had a small refrirerator, a desk, full bathroom and very clean. The Fayettevile Hapmpton did not have a refrigerator, no desk, half a bathroom and only one place where I could plug in my laptop. The carpet looked as though it had never been cleaned. Hampton should not have it's name associated with this place.

Room Tip: Hampton should point out that this is a motel not a hotel.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple