“A tremendous disappointment”

Red Lion Inn and Suites Fayetteville
Ranked #17 of 50 Hotels in Fayetteville
“A tremendous disappointment”
Reviewed January 26, 2012

I do a lot of traveling for my job and Hamptons are always my first choice because of the consistent quality and cleanliness. When I arrived at the Fayetteville Hampton, I felt the only similarity to other Hamptons was the sign out front. It was a motor lodge or Motel 6 at best. All of the rooms had doors leading directly outside. The rooms were small and outdated. My shower this morning was only luke warm. I feel Hampton should be ashamed of themselves for allowing this dump to bear their name. The only saving grace was the staff was very personable and professional.

• Stayed January 2012
2 Thank Andrewcifer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
Beaufort, North Carolina
Reviewed January 19, 2012

We have always had good experiences with Hampton Inn's but this place was not what I had expected. The hotel had obviously been another roadside hotel at some point that had been converted to a Hampton Inn. There was barely room for the 2 double (not queen) beds and the bathroom was extremely small as well. It was fairly clean and the staff was friendly....just not what I would expect from Hampton Inn.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Billie C
New York
Reviewed January 19, 2012

This hotel is located at a short distance from I95 in North Carolina, and is great for a short stay. The room was small and had the usual amenities including iron and ironing board. There is also a small swimming pool on the premises, and lots of restaurants in the immediate area for dining (including lots of fast-food establishments). Breakfast is included in the stay and was good. If I am in the area again and need a place to overnight, I will stay at that location without hesitation.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank aberdeen2009
Oceanview, DE
Reviewed January 15, 2012

My wife and I stayed here twice on our way to and from Florida. It is very convenient to I 95 but not too close for traffic noise. Hotel is exterior corridor, but that didn't bother us since we could park by our room. Rooms are clean, comfortable, and well maintained. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Price was excellent value. Ruby Tuesday restaurant next door was very good.

Room Tip: I would get the king study room -- a little bigger than a standard king, but more comfortable space...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Richard N
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed December 31, 2011

To make a long story short, our alternator died on the way up I-95 at night and we made a forced landing in Fayetteville - the car died as we rolled into the Hampton Inn parking lot. We stayed the night at the Inn and in the morning got to work on getting the car fixed. The hotel manager (Byron) and his staff bent over backwards to help us out, facilitating transportation and helping us find repair services. These good people turned what could have been an unpleasant situation into a positive experience. I would trust my stay with them again without reservation.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Scott C
Weston, FL
Reviewed December 29, 2011

Stayed at this porperty for about 8 hours to get some sleep on our way back home to Florida. Read other reviews and they were accurate. Clean room, comfortable bed, hot shower. That's all we were looking for and this did the trick. Rooms were small and breakfast room was tight so we took ours to go. Staff was friendly. Good place to stop for a night.

Room Tip: Two story hotel with no elevator. If you are taking in a lot of bags get a first floor room or just...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Dearborn, Michigan
Reviewed December 9, 2011

GOOD: We parked right at our room door. The room was clean and we felt safe. The staff was friendly and helpful. Breakfast was fine but served in a tight area.
NOT SO GOOD: Since the building is rather old and the room doors are on the outside of the building, we had a steady cold draft blowing into the room. The room was tiny and the bathroom was tinier. It was not what we expected from a Hampton Inn, which we normally love.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Fayetteville hotels