“Great stay for the money”

Red Lion Inn & Suites Fayetteville Cross Creek Mall
Ranked #31 of 53 Hotels in Fayetteville
Reviewed April 23, 2010

Very clean room. Very couteous front desk. Free breakfast was great. For $84 a night this can't be beat.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
DemitaHollie, Director of Sales at Red Lion Inn & Suites Fayetteville Cross Creek Mall, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2011

Thanks for such a great review! We are so glad that you chose us for your hotel needs, thanks again for taking the time to share your Marriott experience. We are glad to see that you enjoyed the cleanliness of the hotel and the friendly ,southern charm of our staff. We look forward to serving you again in the future! Best Wishes! Demita Hollie, Fairfield Inn Marriott

Reviewed March 1, 2010

Went there with my son's high school basketball team. My wife and I made reservations in advance. Luckily we made the reservation with the hotel manager and brought our confirmation number. At check in there was mass confusion. We were told there were no rooms left. We did finally get a room at the correct pricing. There were other guest who experianced the same problems! Some ended up with no rooms.

The hotel is an open breezeway style and loacted on a busy highway. In a mall parking lot. Therefore it is noisey! The rooms are small and there is not enough staff to clean the rooms in a timely manner. The lobby and breakfast area is nice. The breakfast food is prepackaged items, except for a waffle maker. The eating seated area is to small for this size hotel.

Overall this hotel is ok - but WAY over priced for what it is. Not worth more than $65- $70 per night. Poor design with small rooms in a noisey area with a disorganized staff. On the upside there is plenty of food and shopping close by. And the hotel was very clean.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
DemitaHollie, Director of Sales at Red Lion Inn & Suites Fayetteville Cross Creek Mall, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2011

Thank you so much for taking the time and providing feedback about your experiences with us. We humbly apologize that we did not meet your expectations and for any inconvenience that you experienced during your stay. While I am glad to see that you found our rooms clean, we are continuing to work on improvements. We are currently in the process of renovating and creating additions to our hotel. We hope you will give Fairfield Inn Marriott at Cross Creek Mall a second chance in the future. Please don't hesitate to contact me personally in the future so we can make sure that your very next experiences with us are nothing short of phenomenal.

Reviewed June 25, 2009

This hotel is on the main road in Fayetteville. Unfortunately I had a room facing the street (exterior corridor) and I was kept up with traffic sounds. My room was small for the price but fairly clean. Could not connect to the internet throughout my stay. There is no gym on the property but they will give you a pass for a gym a couple miles away. Breakfast was excellent! I think these rooms are overpriced for the size of the room and the exterior corridors.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business

We are so sorry to hear that your first visit with Fairfield Inn Marriott at Cross Creek Mall did not turn out to be a super experience for you. While we regret that you did not enjoy the location, we are pleased to announce that we are currently building an on-site physical fitness center, laundry facility, and meeting room. These changes should be in full effect by March of 2011. Enclosing the rooms that we have that are exterior should be in place by the latter part of the year. I do hope that the next time you are in need of hotel services, you will allow us the opportunity to have you back again as our guest.

Reviewed January 6, 2009

This hotel sucks! I have never experienced this before. This hotel is not Marriott standards, it needs to be just a regular motel! I usually stay about 3 times a year here but never again. After this stay this hotel will not get my business or anyone I know that comes to Fayetteville. Get some new management and new desk clerks that know directions and hotel info or yes please someone that can speak correct English. Who does the the hiring? When I was here in August it was better, what happened in that little amount of time. Goodbye Fairfield in Fayetteville!

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with friends
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Thank you for your review, we're sorry there was not a more positive experience to report overall. Although there have been many staff changes since then, I have shared your review with our senior management team to make them aware of your experience so that it is never repeated. I hope that when you are in the Fayetteville area again you will give us the opportunity to provide you with the Marriott service that you are accustomed to and rightly deserve.

Fairfield Inn Marriot, Cross Creek Mall

Reviewed December 8, 2008

This is an older property and has not been kept up very well.
My window did not fit in the frame right, which caused cold air to come in and noise from the road outside. I finally duct taped it shut so I could sleep. The bathroom floor was sticky and not too clean looking. There was a chair and ottoman with big stains on it. No way that I would sit on it. I put a towel on the desk chair to sit because it too was stained.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank flynomore

I am glad to see that you appreciated the friendly service of our staff and found the location to be satisfactory. However, I am saddened that your experience was disappointing. Thankfully, we have renovated since your last stay and much of the furniture from that time in 2008 have been replaced. We are currently in the process of doing even more renovations and additions to our hotel to provide a satisfying and amazing experience for guests like you. Our arms are outstretched and extended to you the next time your travel brings you to the Fayetteville area. Should you contact me personally and let me know of your arrival, it will be our mission to restore your faith in Fairfield Inn Marriott at Cross Creek Mall.

Reviewed August 7, 2008

This wasn't the worst hotel overall but it didn't seem very clean. I did have a nice roach in my room and the room just had the general feel that minimal cleaning was done each day. Along with probably half the other hotels in Fayetteville, the mold level was definitely present in the hotel room. Some of the rooms are exterior corridor, some are inside. The location is fine and is a short walk to the mall, a Starbucks, and a new Mexican bar & grill. Stay for a night, fine. Stay longer, look for something else.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank jessotr

We are very sorry to hear that your experience with us did not meet you Fairfield Inn Marriott expectations. We take cleanliness very seriously and apologize that your stay wasn't the best that is could be. Your description of our property is definately not in line with our Marriott philosopy, you deserve the best that we have to offer. Since 2008, we have renovated our hotel and we are currently doing some more additions and renovations to the property. The good thing is that visitors will still have the same awesome location with more benefits. We hope you will give us another opportunity to correct your last experience, and I truly hope that we are able to restore your faith and confidence in Fairfield Inn Marriott at Cross Creek Mall.

Reviewed May 5, 2008

Checkin:
We made reservations in advance online at a rate of $86/n for a standard room. When we checked in, the girl at the desk asked me to initial our rate and checkout date on the checkin form. However, the rate on the form was $99/n. When I mentioned that the rate we booked was $86, she look at the notes in the reservation and said that the manager had changed the rate from $86 to $99. When I asked why, she did not know. When I asked to speak to the manager that changed the rate, she was not in. After additional discussion and presenting my printed reservation confirmation with the $86 rate, the girl at the front desk changed the rate to $86. BEWARE OF RATE CHANGES HERE!

Room:
The room was adequate but small. I believe this is an old hotel that was been recently remodeled. However, no amount of superficial remodeling is going to increase the size of the room. Especially small was the bathroom, the toilet, which is situated next to the shower is in a space that measures about 2"1/2 ft by 4 ft. The air conditioner was a 1970's floor model with mechanical push button controls (you know low-cool, high-cool, fan only), which was very noisy. The beds were a standard doubles and were not very comfortable. The hotel has one elevator and two ice machines. Ice is on the first and third floor. If your on the second floor, your in for a hike. Also see location notes about room noise.

Breakfast:
The free breakfast was decent and standard for this quality hotel. Coffee, tea, juice, Yogurt, bagels, muffins, cereal, banana's and apples and waffles.

Location:
This hotel is just off the parking lot of the Cross Creek Mall on US401. Traffic was very congested getting in and out of the hotel as Mall traffic and standard US401 traffic was always heavy. The other not about the location is that the noise from the traffic on US401, which is less that 50 yards away does not provide for a peaceful night sleep.

1  Thank jer_826