“Very Welcoming Hotel”

Ranked #29 of 50 Hotels in Fayetteville
Montana City, Montana
“Very Welcoming Hotel”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

These days travel gets be a headache. Delays after delays overbooked flights. Everybody is in a hurry, we get frustrated. I arrived at the hotel 6 hours late I was exhausted and just was not in the mood for anything else to go wrong. I was greeted by a very friendly young lady named Laurie. She was very upbeat, suprising after the very rude customer she had before me but she did not let it bother her. She gave me excellent customer service. She offered me coffe and even walked over to it and poured it after I got checked in. There was a maintence man in the lobby by the name of Dennis that welcomed me and even carried my bags to the room, he could see how exhausted I was.
When I got to my room it was so fresh and clean. You could tell they have a wonderful cleaning staff. I turned on the heat for a little whle very quiet and clean air. Often I stay at hotel that when you turn heat or air on it smells.
The breakfast staff was wonderful friendly and upbeat. The breakfast items they offered geared to any one from dieting or not.
Every time I am in the Fayeteville Area I will be a guest at this hotel. I plean on letting everyone know just how wonderful they truly are.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Fairfield Inn F, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Fayetteville, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for the kind words about my staff.
We are striving to provide the kind of service that will make you want to return.

Thank you again, and we look forward to your next visit with us here in Fayetteville.

Dale Valentine

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
New York City, New York
Reviewed February 8, 2013

I travel 4 to 6 times a month and I haev had my share of poor hotels. My stay at the Fairfield in has been the best in a long time. I was greeted by a wonderful front desk staff that welcomed me saying Welcome to your home away from home, She made me feel wonderful after a long day of travel. She let me know what time breakfast was and if I needed a gym to work out where it was. Even walked me to the door to go to my room and opned it and said how a wonderful evening. That is true customer service.
I got to the room very clean smelling just perfect. Very quiet room. The next morning the breakfast was delicous, hot waffles made to order, eggs, Truly better than going through a drive through.
I plan on making this my only hotel in Fayetteville for myself and all my staff.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Fairfield Inn F, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Fayetteville, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Dear Ms. M,

I am so pleased to hear that your stay was what you expected, and that we provided you with the kind of service you have come to expect from Marriott. I am so glad to hear that my staff has taken very good care of you, and we look forward to your next visit with us.

Regards,

La Grande, Oregon
Reviewed February 4, 2013

I am a frequent traveler and guest of Marriott's throughout the country and this property is by far the worst Marriott property I have ever been a guest of!! The building is extremely old, doors are heavily peeled, the window of my room would not close properly so I was constantly getting up to turn the heat on and off in an attempt, which failed miserably, to regulate a comfortable room temperature. The heater, only produced hot air or extreme cold are.

Short of this hotel being demolished and rebuilt, nothing can be done to improve this property. The saving grace, the only one, is the staff who were extremely friendly and helpful. Given the extremely friendly and helpful staff, I opted to give this property a rating of 2 instead of 1.

Marriott corporate needs to seriously review their standards and re-evaluate having their name associated with this property. I was suppose to stay for 30 days and one night was too many!! Fortunately, I was able to find an alternate property after having to stay at this one for five nights. I would strongly urge travelers to save their money and stay at Motel 6 or Super 8 as these properties cannot possibly be any worse than this one and probably better as expectations for these properties are generally lower than one would expect of Marriott.

I would never recommend this property and will be providing a notice to Marriott Corporate office regarding this extremely decrepit property bearing its name.

Room Tip: Do not stay at this property if you have alternate options available!!!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

First off let me say thank you for staying with Marriott hotels.

This property is a first generation built Fairfield Inn. We completed a full renovation in Dec 2011. Our rooms and bathrooms are smaller than other Fairfield Inns, however we make up for it by having a very friendly staff, and our housekeepers do an excellent job.

Had I known about the problem with your window, we would have had it fixed right away. I have had the maintenance team fix all the issues in your room. Thank you for bringing them to my attention.

I am sorry to have lost you as a guest.

CA USA
Reviewed January 7, 2013

This was a short overnight trip to visit friends at FBNC.
I chose this hotel by assessing others of comparable price and value off hotels.com, though I purchased directly from the Marriott site with a AAA discount.
The hotel is next to a large mall, making it easy to find and in close proximity to restaurants. It is also easy on/off to the All-American Expy and to Yadkin Rd and the Yadkin Gate, for those looking to get onto FBNC quickly.
I really appreciated the Mgr's welcome letter upon arrival--something you rarely see at this price point of hotel. I also received a welcome bag that included: a free bottle of water, a bag of popcorn to use in the room, a bag of chips and a ButterFinger candy bar. It may not sound like much, but how many times have you received such a gesture from a hotel <$76!?
The rooms are a little small, but for 1 -2 people on a short visit, it's insignificant. The front desk staff was prompt, courteous and helpful--I needed a sewing kit to repair my tie. They were more than happy to provide me a complimentary kit.
I left too early in the morning to try the breakfast. I am glad to report that even with a 5 am departure, fresh coffee was made and available...helped a lot for the 90 min drive back to RDU.

Room Tip: Based on comments from earlier travelers on Trip Adviser, I stayed on the top floor (Room 327) and t...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed January 4, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for one night on my way back to Boston. When I went into my room I was surprised to see how clean it was. No dust or stains on the bedding. They also had Pantene shampoo and conditioner, most hotels have their own brand of hair products. Breakfast was also very nice, they had all kinds of juices, coffee, eggs, ceral, milk and waffles. Overall I would stay here again when traveling.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Fairfield Inn F, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Fayetteville, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Thank you for your comments on your recent stay with us.

We are glad that you had a great stay with us, and I hope that you will visit us again on your next trip to Fayetteville.

The Villages, Florida
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Upon arrival we were given a "welcome bag". It contained a packet of microwave popcorn, a candy bar, a bag of chips, a bottle of water, and a letter from the General Manager, Dale Valentine. The letter thanked us for being a Marriott Rewards Member and letting us know how proud he was of the newly renovated generation one Fairfield Inn. He touted how the rooms are smaller and the bathrooms are quainter. Well, folks the dictionary defines quaint as - having an old-fashioned attractiveness or charm; oddly picturesque. Quaint it ain't!!! Another word for quaint is obsolete which is what this place needs to be - as in no longer used!
We noticed on our arrival that rooms on the first and second floor had exterior access. We asked for a room on the third floor, however, you still needed to go outside to get on the elevator - which by the way smelled bad. The room faced the highway and was very noisy as was the heater. Thank God we were passing through and only booked one night. We would never have stayed longer. Two positive notes: the front desk personnel were friendly and the warm cookies that evening were good. The breakfast would have been okay, but all the Activia yogurt was past the expiration date. I told a staff member, but nothing was done. This made me question everything else being served. At that point, I lost my appetite! When a guest notices a situation such as this, the staff member should have immediately pulled this product from the line.
Would we ever stay here again? Never, ever, ever, getting back together!! Marriott should re-visit having their name associated with this establishment.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Traveldog07
Thank you for your comments, we do value how you feel your stay was.

We are very proud of the renovation that was completed in December 2011.
Our hotel is a first generation Fairfield Inn. We do have 2 floors of exterior entrances with the 3rd floor interior. We know that not all guest will like our type of a Fairfield, but we are proud of how clean are rooms are, and my staff provides great service.
The Activia was 1 day past its exporation date, and was removed when the breakfast attendant was notified.

We do hope that the rest of your journey was a plesant one,
U.s.
Reviewed December 21, 2012

Stayed in Room 202 December 14th, last Friday, and this is a doozy of a place. Don't picture a standard "Fairfield by Marriott;" this is an old, old converted hotel (probably was a Days Inn) at one time and there is no insulation from outdoor noise. It sits facing Skibo Road which rocks and rolls all night, non-stop, motorcycle mufflers rattle the windows and the old type door, gaps around the door admit all traffic noise which does not subside a bit until 4:30 a.m. and begins again promptly at 5:00 a.m. I could not control the heat unit. Room was 78 degrees read on the thermometer on my backpack, thermostat was set on 64. Finally turned on A/C, which cuts itself off at will no matter the setting. Opened door to get temp down long enough to get a thirty-minute map after a totally sleepless night listening to the drag races and Harley parade of traffic seventy-five feet away. Would never stay here again under any circumstances. Absolutely NOT Marriott standards and I cannot believe Marriott lets this dive use its name. Also priced at twice what it should be.

Room Tip: I cannot see any possibility of a good stay here unless you bring and wear hearing protection, ear p...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business