“This is not a Marriot!” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #29 of 50 Hotels in Fayetteville
Charlotte, North Carolina
“This is not a Marriot!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2011

I have been an Marriot Rewards member for 10 years and this place should not have the Marriot name. The rooms are small, its is loud if you are on the street side. The breakfast wasn't good, frozen everything that you heat up in the microwave, and the Wi-fi wasn't working. The only good think I have to say is I only had to sleep here for a night. Better off going across the street to the Hampton, sorry Marriot, this is not up to your standards!

Room Tip: Stay on 3rd floor
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Rittej01
Fairfield Inn F, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Fayetteville, responded to this review, September 14, 2011
Dear Rittej01:

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review. We value your comments and feedback. I am happy to tell you we are currently undergoing a major renovation that will have the latest decor package from Marriott. Also, we recently added more bandwith to our Wireless Internet solving any issues with Internet speed and connectivity.
I hope you can give us another try once our renovation is completed by the end of November 2011. If you are planning to come to the area, please contact me directly and I will be more than happy to find the best accomodations for you.

Faysuri Villamil

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2011

I want to state that I am a Marriott Gold member, but try to be objective.

Overall this hotel is just below average for a Marriott. It isnt that the rooms and amenities arent nice (they have recently been renovated), but the structure of the place is so old - and with any old hotel, it kinda smells moldy and moldy. Also, the layout is odd, so it can be tough to even find your room.Thats all I can say about that.

There is a very nice sized refrigerator in the room, and as I said, the rooms have recently been renovated. The amenities are nice, and the breakfast in the morning is good. Service was about normal for a Fairfield, but I would tell management to maybe look into training people how to talk to customers properly. I am not one that is stuck on speaking properly, but at the same time there is a certain way to talk to people when you are working at the front desk of a hotel - ie know the difference between when you are talking to friends vs. work.

I really like that they have 24 hour coffee. I dont like the taste of the cheap room coffee so many Marriott chains have gone to. I sat and thought about it, and I dont think that it saves money by not doing that. I know some people like having the convenience of room coffee, but there is nothing better than walking to the lobby at 4am and grabbing a hot coffee. More places should take their cues off this.

I didnt see that it had a fitness center. The pool looked nice.

I know this is a shorter than usual review for me, but there isnt much to say about it. It is in a great location next to the mall, but its hard to overcome how old the building is. Even with the renovations, it just has that smell...

I would recommend staying here if you dont have a newer place to stay. It is worth the money compared to the other overpriced Marriott chains down the road...

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank bojislayer
Dear Bojislayer:

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review. I am happy to inform you our hotel is currently undergoing major renovations. This renovation includes replacing old carpets and carpet padding in the guest's rooms and third floor hall. This upgrade will definitely give the hotel a fresh and clean smell.
I appreciate your feedback regarding the staff and I will make sure to address your comments to them.
I am glad you enjoyed our breakfast and our coffee. We look forward to serving you again and apologize for any inconveniences you encountered during your trip.

Ellicott City, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2011

Hotel appears to have been recently updated to the new Marriott theme with fresh green colors. Standard size hotel room which was clean and beds were comfortable. Breakfast worked out well. Would stay here again and also recommend to others.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Arlington, Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2011

I need to remind myself that this hotel is not worth staying at even when it's the only Marriott brand I can get the government rate at near Fort Bragg; I'd surely be better off driving an extra 20-30 minutes for a better stay. This hotel looks like it was some cheap motel that was bought by Marriott for some reason and converted to a Fairfield, but you can't dress this place up. I'm not sure how I'm going to sleep with the old, loud, cycling wall-unit air conditioner from way-back-when; the room is absolutely tiny; and the exterior access rooms are just not what you expect from this brand. Sure, the new LCD TV and microwave are nice, but it's lipstick on a pig. Marriott should really sell this property back to some bargain brand and dissociate itself from this place.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Fairfield Inn F, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Fayetteville, responded to this review, April 25, 2012
Dear aeroShelby,

I am terribly sorry for the experience you had while visiting us in April. We have now undergone a full renovation; from rooms to lobby that aesthetically will be sure to please you. I invite you and your peers to come back and give us another chance. We are a proud Marriott property and we'd like to extend the Fairfield Inn promise of providing you with a room that's clean, fresh and of the highest quality standards.

Charleston
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2011

I have stayed at this property several times over the past two years and have experienced a decline in the service provided by the staff. The check in process is not as welcoming as it once was; however, from time to time a few of the familiar faces provide outstanding service. When staying at this property I always request the 3rd floor rooms and have been accommodated about 75% of the time.

The rooms on the 3rd floor are standard Fairfield inn quality and have LCDs, comfortable beds and interior room access. Rooms on the 2nd and 1st floors are not up to Fairfield Inn standards based on my experience. They are noisy, musty and small in comparison to the 3rd floor and have exterior access.

The breakfast has the standard Fairfield Inn options and is clean and inviting. From time to time they property provides a Manager's Reception on Wednesday evening with free dinner from a local restaurant.

Hopefully, the issues with the staff will be resolved. I will admit that my last few trips to the area, I have stayed at other properties. I may try them again in the future...

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Dear Fr3quent-Fly3r:

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate your comments and value your input.
I certanly hope you will give us another try, especially now that we are renovating.
We look forward to serving you again.
Virginia Beach, Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2011

When I booked the room I requested a 3rd floor interior access room (all other rooms only have exterior access). I called the following day (1 week prior to arrival) and confirmed that I would have an interior access room, in fact I was told it would be "no problem". When I got there, I was told that all interior access rooms were already booked and the attitude was "oh well, sucks for you". No appology or anything. While this was enough to make my long day of traveling incredibly frustrating, I would also like you to know that I have several pictures from the interior of my hotel room showing things such as a cracked ceiling, cracked/dirty caulking in the bathroom, towel rods barely holding on to the walls, torn wallpaper and MOLD on several parts of the bathroom ceiling. This, on top of the non working refrigerator, which was completely useless to me when I returned to the hotel with leftovers from dinner.
Today I received an email from the general manager saying that she never told me I could have an interior access room, a flat out lie. What a horrid experience for a horrible hotel with awful management. The only redeeming quality was the rest of the staff, who were probably overly nice to try and compensate for the wretched manager and hotel conditions. I paid for a Marriott, I got a 1/2 star motel.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
DemitaHollie, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn Fayetteville, responded to this review, February 10, 2011
Thank you and we really do value your feedback...It sounds like we may have missed the mark on a few details of your stay. While we are happy to hear that you enjoyed the location and our staff, we extend our sincerest apology for not providing you with the experience you deserve here at Fairfield Inn by Marriott at Cross Creek Mall. I am very sorry for the misunderstanding about the third floor interior rooms, as we are unable to guarantee those rooms because of the high demand. We take cleanliness very seriously. I just hope that you will give us a second chance to welcome you and restore your faith and confidence in Fairfield Inn by Marriott at Cross Creek Mall, Fayetteville. Please let us know of any future visits at Demita.Hollie@marriott.com to be sure your next experience is a smooth one! Warmest Regards, Demita Hollie, Fairfield Inn by Marriott at Cross Creek Mall.
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2010

Supurb facility with outstanding service. Brand new hotel in great Hotel on Sycamore Dairy Road near great restaurants. The hotel has hot tub and pool opens at 6AM. The Bistro and lobby is one of the best I have experienced. If you in Fayetteville NC stay here

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
DemitaHollie, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn Fayetteville, responded to this review, January 25, 2011
Very nice to be hearing from you, I can't tell you how much we appreciate your decision to stay with us while you were in the Fayetteville area! We are so glad that you enjoyed the convenience and the amenities of the hotel during your stay, please don't hesitate to pay us visit when you are in town again! Warmest Regards, Demita Hollie, Fairfield Inn Marriott.