“Clean confortable rooms”

Ranked #11 of 50 Hotels in Fayetteville
Chicopee, Massachusetts
“Clean confortable rooms”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

We stay here on our way back from Florida, close to 1-95, great location. it was great comfortable rooms, pet friendly . Frigidaire and microwave, the staff was superb, ,after we got settle in our room , the front desk call us to see if we were satisfied and if we needed something , they went out of there way . the next morning the breakfast bar was perfect, we took our food and came back to the room to eat it. our little dog was happy to walk around and it was close to our room, so yes I would stay there again

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank gjpb60
Mandy L, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
I would like to thank you for staying with us at the Econo Lodge. We value all our customers and are pleased your stay with us was awesome. We are also glad we could accomodate your pet as well. We are delighted you could take the time to enjoy our breakfast. We appreciate your business and look forward to having you as a guest with us again very soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
West Orange, NJ
Reviewed March 11, 2013

I so enjoy staying at this hotel! Great confortable rooms, love the breakfast bar in the AM and most of all pet friendly. I have met such nice pet owners here and the staff always puts us right where the big walking area is: so convenient. My dogs love it too! great location, eateries, gas stations, real close to the highway. Thanks to the Red Roof Inn gal who recommended this Econo-lodge to me and my 2 dogs (13 and one is a therapy dog). Couldn't be happier: wish we could stay longer on our trips!

Room Tip: If you have a pet tell them and they will get you by the walking areas
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Mandy L, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
We would like to thank you for your recent stay with us. We are glad we could provide a clean and safe room for you and your pets. We welcome you to come and visist us again .
Thanks, Mandy Leftwich/ General Manager
Elmira, New York
Reviewed March 9, 2013

We picked this place due to location (half way between FL and NY) and price. We were pleasantly surpised. It was a decent hotel, right off the highway, easy check in, place to eat are nearby and good rates. Breakfast was below average. Would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Beachcombers9
We would like to thank you for yourrecent stay with us. We are glad you decided to stay with us. We are always looking for better ways to improve, so I thank you for the imput on the breakfast.
Thanks, Mandy Leftwich/ General Manager
Redcliff
Reviewed December 30, 2012

I chose this motel because it had received relatively good reviews. After staying there, I would have to guess that this place is getting good reviews only because of its cheap rates or because it compares well against other Econo Lodges. There's no way that this place can get good reviews if it's compared against absolute standards and not against other Econo Lodges. I mean if a place is dirty and unsafe then it’s dirty and unsafe and not good just because it’s better than some other Econo Lodge or because it costs only $50.

When we walked from our car, we saw several people who looked like they would rob you. As we entered our a room, a man who appeared to be drunk and homeless approached us, stopped 10 feet away and stared at us while we entered it; that made us feel unsafe for the rest of the night.

At first glance, the room looked better than what I was expecting. But upon closer examination, I noticed that the walls had holes and were covered in mildew. The light fixtures were rusting. I’ve posted pictures so you'll know what to expect.

The worst part about this motel is the bugs. I always check the beds for bed bugs and to date I have never seen anything that would concern me. When I checked at this Econo Lodge, I immediately saw bed bug traps. Now I didn’t see bed bugs, fecal stains, or blood stains, but the use of the traps makes me think that there was/is a problem somewhere in the building. Also, one of the traps contained four bugs. Three of them are pretty common but the fourth looked like a bed bug. When I looked closer, it looked like it might have been a cockroach nymph instead. Regardless of what that fourth bug was, the fact that the motel uses bed bug traps suggests that they have a bed bug problem. We slept with the lights on and bagged our belongings in garbage bags to make sure that we didn’t bring any bugs home. This was easily one of the worst stays I’ve had and I would not go back even if it was free.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Chemicalguy123
Mandy L, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Thank you so much for your very valuable and candid feedback. We at the Econo Lodge rely heavily on the feedback that we receive from our guests as they assist us in improving our operations and service to our future guests. In reading your review I am deeply concerned by what you have shared with me. First and foremost, on behalf of the entire staff and management of the Econo Lodge I am deeply sorry for the inconvenience and bad experience that you had during your recent stay. I can personally attest that we strive to provide, clean, comfortable and safe lodging to all our guests.

In regards to the issue with the bugs and traps, we at the Econo Lodge are committed to fighting the serious and widespread issue of bed bugs. To ensure our guest's protection from these pests we take the following preventive actions: our maintenance department checks the rooms monthly by taking the rooms apart, removing all furniture and checking the whole room for bugs. The beds are also thoroughly checked. We are also in the process of installing bug proof mattress and box spring covers in all rooms. Over half of the property is already completed. We also use traps like the trap you found to ensure that our preventive measures are working. It is our policy to check the bug traps each day when cleaning our rooms and it appears that we may have failed in this particular instance.

I want to make sure that we do everything we can to make this issue right with you. For this reason, I would kindly ask that you contact me at your convenience directly at 1-910-433-2100. Thank you once again for informing us of your recent experience and for allowing us the opportunity to work with you to correct the matter.

Best Regards,

Mandy Leftwich
Upstate NY
Reviewed December 15, 2012

My room was quiet and clean. I was here on business and stayed 3 nights. The staff were extremely helpful assisting me in sending and receiving faxes. The service was above average for this class of hotel. Breakfast was also a relatively good value. Lobby was clean and nicely furnished. Convenient location for most of the area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Bob_in_NY
Midlothian, Virginia
Reviewed November 30, 2012

I've seen many a review on Econo Lodges and they're like a box of chocolates, etc. This one is excellent! It's big, the property's clean, there's a business center for those of us who regard tablets as a format for vitamins, and eateries are within walking distance. Nice friendly staff, too! The room actually had a good decor (to catch this ol' boy's eye, it would have to be), refrigerator, and sinks stay plugged and lightbulbs worked (a bugaboo of mine). I was able to find a room with one of those motel bargain books you find at rest stops for just over $50 (because of tax). It doesn't take me long to get to sleep, but I do remember quite a firm mattress (fine with me). It's close to the Interstate, but no noise reached my somnavalent self.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Florida
Reviewed October 28, 2012

We stayed here for the first time ever during a drive North on I-95. We didn't have reservations ahead of time, we just took the exit and hoped we could find a hotel that would accept our pet. The Econolodge had a pet-friendly room for us, and I loved that they put all of the other pet owners staying with them in the same section of the hotel so that we didn't have to worry about our dog's yapping disturbing anyone. All of our dogs could just be themselves and none of us minded at all. The room was clean, had a fridge and microwave, and comfy beds. I'm sure there are plenty of restaurants in this area, but we opted to order from Pizza Hut, which does deliver to this hotel. The office staff was very friendly, and we felt very safe here walking out at night for ice from the ice machine or to walk our dog in the grass on the grounds. Low rates, and comfy room = happy travelers who plan to return. :)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family