“Good Value for the Money”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #11 of 50 Hotels in Fayetteville
Upstate NY
“Good Value for the Money”
Reviewed December 15, 2012

My room was quiet and clean. I was here on business and stayed 3 nights. The staff were extremely helpful assisting me in sending and receiving faxes. The service was above average for this class of hotel. Breakfast was also a relatively good value. Lobby was clean and nicely furnished. Convenient location for most of the area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Bob_in_NY

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Midlothian, Virginia
Reviewed November 30, 2012

I've seen many a review on Econo Lodges and they're like a box of chocolates, etc. This one is excellent! It's big, the property's clean, there's a business center for those of us who regard tablets as a format for vitamins, and eateries are within walking distance. Nice friendly staff, too! The room actually had a good decor (to catch this ol' boy's eye, it would have to be), refrigerator, and sinks stay plugged and lightbulbs worked (a bugaboo of mine). I was able to find a room with one of those motel bargain books you find at rest stops for just over $50 (because of tax). It doesn't take me long to get to sleep, but I do remember quite a firm mattress (fine with me). It's close to the Interstate, but no noise reached my somnavalent self.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Florida
Reviewed October 28, 2012

We stayed here for the first time ever during a drive North on I-95. We didn't have reservations ahead of time, we just took the exit and hoped we could find a hotel that would accept our pet. The Econolodge had a pet-friendly room for us, and I loved that they put all of the other pet owners staying with them in the same section of the hotel so that we didn't have to worry about our dog's yapping disturbing anyone. All of our dogs could just be themselves and none of us minded at all. The room was clean, had a fridge and microwave, and comfy beds. I'm sure there are plenty of restaurants in this area, but we opted to order from Pizza Hut, which does deliver to this hotel. The office staff was very friendly, and we felt very safe here walking out at night for ice from the ice machine or to walk our dog in the grass on the grounds. Low rates, and comfy room = happy travelers who plan to return. :)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
New York
Reviewed September 26, 2012

My sister, her dog and I recently drove back from Cape San Blas, Florida to New York and originally intended to sleep the night away at a Holiday Inn in Fayetville. We have made the assumption rooms would be available and didn't think of making reservations earlier. Upon arrival, we found out there was a motorcycle convention in town and all the rooms have been booked except for one which wasn't pet friendly. Due to the fact that it was already approaching midnight we opted for a hotel down the street: Econo Lodge. We knew it was going to be a crappy hotel considering the fee for the night was $50 but we were so exhausted from driving that all we cared about at that moment was getting a couple of hours of sleep. The staff was friendly, however; as soon as we found our room which was around the corner, away from the lobby and far in the back of the parking lot While walking to our room, we knew this wasn't a good idea when we noticed men underwear drying on portable barbecue outside of one of the rooms, the smell of pot was another clue combined with an arrival of a state trooper who was parking his car. In short, we didn't even get to see the room, the men who stayed there got so excited upon seeing two women that we knew right there and then this wouldn't be a peaceful night if we had attempted to lodge there. In short we left and drove another 3 hours to a Holiday Inn in Maryland which we will always stay in from now on. Personal experience, you get what you pay for but it is grimy, dark and unsafe.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Kathy L
Ajijic, Mexico
Reviewed August 25, 2012

I recently drove round trip from Florida to New Jersey. One the way up I stayed overnight at a hotel and paid $125. It was very clean, had a pool and great breakfast included. However on the way back I stayed at the Econo Lodge in Fayetteville, NC for $50. and had the same experience at less than half the price. I did use a coupon which you can find at the I95 rest areas or the states welcome center.. Look for the hotel discount books.

Room Tip: Look for the hotel discounts books and don't check in too late as those discounted rooms are lim...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Parlino
New York
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Stayed here while driving solo down I-95. Regular room with a single king bed. Room was very large and pretty clean. Not very modern, but more than sufficient. TV with plenty of channels, fridge. Everything worked fine. Great value for the price. Would stay here again if stopping over in Fayetteville.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Osprey, Florida
Reviewed August 13, 2012

OK for a route 95 layover, but that's about it. Clean, but spartan. It was pouring when I checked in, but the cleaning staff blocked the entire covered walkway. Even though they could have left room for customers to stay dry, they ignored us.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family