“Didn't feel safe”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #12 of 53 Hotels in Fayetteville
Reviewed September 26, 2012

My sister, her dog and I recently drove back from Cape San Blas, Florida to New York and originally intended to sleep the night away at a Holiday Inn in Fayetville. We have made the assumption rooms would be available and didn't think of making reservations earlier. Upon arrival, we found out there was a motorcycle convention in town and all the rooms have been booked except for one which wasn't pet friendly. Due to the fact that it was already approaching midnight we opted for a hotel down the street: Econo Lodge. We knew it was going to be a crappy hotel considering the fee for the night was $50 but we were so exhausted from driving that all we cared about at that moment was getting a couple of hours of sleep. The staff was friendly, however; as soon as we found our room which was around the corner, away from the lobby and far in the back of the parking lot While walking to our room, we knew this wasn't a good idea when we noticed men underwear drying on portable barbecue outside of one of the rooms, the smell of pot was another clue combined with an arrival of a state trooper who was parking his car. In short, we didn't even get to see the room, the men who stayed there got so excited upon seeing two women that we knew right there and then this wouldn't be a peaceful night if we had attempted to lodge there. In short we left and drove another 3 hours to a Holiday Inn in Maryland which we will always stay in from now on. Personal experience, you get what you pay for but it is grimy, dark and unsafe.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Kathy L

Reviewed August 25, 2012

I recently drove round trip from Florida to New Jersey. One the way up I stayed overnight at a hotel and paid $125. It was very clean, had a pool and great breakfast included. However on the way back I stayed at the Econo Lodge in Fayetteville, NC for $50. and had the same experience at less than half the price. I did use a coupon which you can find at the I95 rest areas or the states welcome center.. Look for the hotel discount books.

Room Tip: Look for the hotel discounts books and don't check in too late as those discounted rooms are lim...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Parlino
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Stayed here while driving solo down I-95. Regular room with a single king bed. Room was very large and pretty clean. Not very modern, but more than sufficient. TV with plenty of channels, fridge. Everything worked fine. Great value for the price. Would stay here again if stopping over in Fayetteville.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 13, 2012

OK for a route 95 layover, but that's about it. Clean, but spartan. It was pouring when I checked in, but the cleaning staff blocked the entire covered walkway. Even though they could have left room for customers to stay dry, they ignored us.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank AnAceBuyer_007
Reviewed July 8, 2012

I stayed here last night. The room was clean and comfortable. I appreciated the mini-fridge and dog walk area, especially at such a great price. This wouldn't be where I would stay if I was looking for someplace other than to just sleep; but it was a clean cheap place to spend the night. The cons were that there were a lot of people in the parking lot until almost 5 am. This not only made the area feel kinda shady but the noice they made drove my dogs crazy. They never settled down which meant that I didn't get the great night's sleep that I needed between two long days of driving. I used to live in Fayetteville and know the area plus I was traveling with two German Shepherds so I wasn't too worried about the area. However, if I was traveling by myself and was only judging the area by what I saw last night I would have been a little scared.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank girl93stang
Reviewed June 19, 2012

For a 1 or 2 night stay, this is a good hotel. The rates are very good and the staff is friendly and accommodating. However, the rooms are a bit run-down and the area leaves a little to be desired.

Pros: 2 Queen beds, free continental breakfast was not great but was sufficient, right off I-95, and close to several restaurants such as McDonalds, Ruby Tuesdays, etc.

Cons: Run-down rooms that could definitely use an update, didn't always feel secure in this area

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank nessz79
Reviewed June 18, 2012

The Econo Lodge was convenient to transportation nodes, musuems, downtown, Ft. Bragg and hospital if needed. The staff was courteous, to include late night, and the rooms were clean with daily service. Rooms are available for pets and I plan to use this hotel on my return to the area.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business