“Best deal yet!”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #12 of 51 Hotels in Fayetteville
Reviewed June 8, 2012 via mobile

Cleanest hotel we have been to. Nice staff personable and accommodating. Would definitely go there again.

• Stayed: June 2012
There are newer reviews for Econo Lodge

Reviewed May 8, 2012

Stopped here on a trip returning from Charleston to VA. Very clean and adequate for our needs. Restaurants close by. Pool was not yet opened for the season. We were approached in the parking lot in the evening by a scam artist -- lady claiming to have been abused by husband trying to get gas $$ to get home to her mother 70 miles away. The next morning we were approached by a "soldier just back from Afghanistan" who was out of gas on the side of interstate and needed gas $$ money to get home to wife in Georgia. Neither felt believable. When we told the desk clerk in the hotel, she apologized and said that the two were a "team" but they could never catch them before they disappeared. Travelers beware!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 3, 2012

We spent 1 night at this hotel, The room was very cleaned, which is very important for us.
We had a very good and peacefull night because the Hotel is very well located,

The only cons is the breakfast which is a little bit poor but in the middle of all other hotel.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Stayed here while on a bus trip so had to walk to restaurants. First night I was approached by a pan handler. On the return trip home we stopped here again. I walked by a small wooded area to get to Burger King. There were two homeless guys living in the bushes. One of them got up and urinated right in front of me. I was a woman traveling alone and was quite scared. The hotel was fine but I'm not sure I would want to be out alone in this area.

Room Tip: Perhaps away from the interstate closer to town would be better.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed March 19, 2012

We made reservations for a non-smoking, pet-friendly room, but two different rooms that we were shown had a very stale odor, which seemed to indicate that someone had smoked in them rather recently. Having spent about 30 nights in hotels during the past year, the overall atmosphere of this property was not quite right compared to all the other hotels we've stayed at. This sent us looking for another hotel with our pet. That was not our best experience either and was no bargain. In future we will probably skip Fayetteville.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 11, 2012

Traveling to FL from MA this is a good area to stay for a night. The lodge is clean, large and inexpensive. Accepts AAA and AARP rates. The staff is very friendly and the rooms are your average travel hotel rooms with a TV, referidgerator and queen beds. Located in a cluster of hotels just off I-95 and in the middle of multiple restraurants. No problem with the cat. Great value for a one night rest stop over. Free continental breakfast. Free wi-fi. Will stay here again. Recommended.

Room Tip: 5 buildings, we were in a rear building and no noise, but easy walk to eat.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Ken W
Reviewed January 7, 2012

Econo Lodge was clean and had free wifi, as well as a refrigerator and microwave. The bed was comfortable enough and the room is a decent size. I was traveling up to NJ for the holidays and this was a quick stay to get a good nights rest to continue on up. I had a 1st floor room, which I wanted and it was quiet. The hotel has a restaurant which is connected to the hotel. I didn't eat so I can't comment.

It was a good hotel for the cost, but it isn't like staying in the Holiday Inn. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: I was in a courtyard, if you will, and so I wasn't by the parking lot, since you enter all the r...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo