“ANT INFESTATION!!!”

Courtyard Fayetteville
Ranked #27 of 53 Hotels in Fayetteville
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Although this Courtyard Property has received the modern 'Facelift' in the Common Areas, the rooms and hallways could certainly benefit from major renovations-it is quite old and it shows.Unfortunately, my room was not very clean and was covered with ants. When I called the Front Desk to report the problem and request a room change I was told to remain in the room and the Security Officer would bring me a key to my newly assigned room. I was disappointed in the staff member's tone on the phone when I reported the problem.The tone was that of unconcern and having bugs in the room did not sound surprising to her. I waited from 11:20pm-11:45pm for Security to arrive with my keys... to no avail. When I arrived downstairs, the staff member at the Front Desk treated me as though I was an inconvenience to her for requesting a CLEAN, BUG FREE room-WTH ?! After lecturing me about the need to be patient while she waited on another customer, she returned to attend to another customer. Mind you, I had already waited 30 mins. for the Security Officer to deliver keys to a supposed newly assigned room.Had it not been for the lateness of the hour...almost midnight, I would have checked out of this hotel immediately!!
This night shift employee could certainly learn a few Tips and Tricks from the Evening Front Desk Staff member-Gabrielle, who was VERY nice and helpful during check-in. I will NEVER return to this property and management can thank the Night Staff for this. Consider sending her back to Customer Service 101 Class or keep her away from customers. You have enough to contend with with such an old, dirty,infested property.

Room Tip: Find a room at another Hotel!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank P B
Beth B, General Manager at Courtyard Fayetteville, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2013

Thank you so much for your candid feedback. I am so, so sorry that you experienced ants in your room, and furthermore that you had to wait for service that should have been provided to you immediately. We have regularly scheduled maintenance to avoid situations as you did during your stay with us, but just like at your own home they still get into the buildings. We can only continue to improve our service and products by accepting and working with candid feedback such as what you just gave to us. Rest assured that we will look into this and take measures to iimprove upon our service as well. I hope to see you again when you travel to the Fayetteville Area! Be sure to ask for me if I can help in any way! Thank you!

Reviewed May 25, 2013

An older variety of Courtyard, which I'd guess at 25 y.o., and it shows in many ways. It has received the new Courtyard redecor, but there's just so much you can do with an older style. Lobby is up to standards after refurb. Rooms got the refurb too, but the age shows & changing the wallpaper, carpet, beds, etc. doesn't change the room layout (somewhat smaller & more basic than newer hotels), size, age of sliding doors, HVAC unit, etc.
Nevertheless, it is a Courtyard & is about the best you're going to find here. It's a military town & rooms get a lot of use & abuse. The Hilton Garden Inn is a cut better (newer, more elegant, & traditional - with indoor pool & hot tub), but the new HGI beds are horrible - based on an air baffle design w/o the air pump. Courtyard beds are exceptionally comfortable. The pool is seasonal/outside. Room lighting is very bad. New flu lights which are blindingly bright - all or nothing - get blinded or live in the dark. There are NO soft lighting options - a huge flaw. Water pressure it pretty bad & hot water is just warm. Rooms are OK size-wise, but you couldn't fit a chair/end table in addition to the 2 queen beds. Towels at this property are well worn.
Staff treats lobby like their own personal social room & guests seem to be a bother on THEIR turf.
Those who know Courtyards know there's no free breakfast & choices here are quite limited & very pricey. Internet is a breeze. Bath amenities VERY basic - one small shampoo & conditioner - period.
My biggest problem here was the old HVAC units. You had to turn it to the extreem left for heat to turn on & it wouldn't go off until you turned it back (manually) to the extreme right. So, I turned it on until it got boiling then off & woke up freezing.
Since I'm obliged to come to Fayetteville often enough, let me recommend 2 others. The Hilton G. Inn, if you can tolerate the beds, is far nicer. Also, the Holiday Inn Express (Ft. Bragg - near mall) here is top rated & far better than most HI Expresses.
I do understand they've done about as good as you can do with this older property - well, they could upgrade the heat/ac units - and I write not to complain, rather to let folks know what to expect.
Oh, I might mention they are often full & (to be frank) the type of clientel they get is not typical of a Courtyard. We had very noisey neighbors each night. This is to be expected in a military town. They DO have a security night guard ...and I suspect it's a wise idea here.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Beth B, General Manager at Courtyard Fayetteville, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2013

Thanks for the feedback! It appears as though you travel frequently cruisedoc1, and know just what you're looking for when travelling; nothing wrong with that! I so appreciate your candid feedback, and will look into the issues you mentioned. While our hotel is about a 21 year old facility we work very hard to keep it well maintained and appear as a brand new hotel. We perform regular maintenance to our HVAC units, and purchase new ones when necessary; in fact we're within the top 100 hotels (out of almost 1000) for things in working order...so we do work hard to maintain that.
We encourage our staff to interact with our guests in the lobby space; as it is a social space, however it should always be out our guests!
I understand there are several choices to choose from when staying in the Fayetteville area, and I so thank you for choosing to stay with us. I do hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed May 24, 2013

Walking into the hotel lobby I was greeted by smiles and offered fast, professional service. Other positives were the Cobb salad was prepared fresh and was tasty, internet access free and reliable, atmosphere...quiet and professional but the room itself was disappointing. The arrangement of the bed and TV was odd as they were side by side. The king bed was hard...I felt like sleeping "on the bed" and "not in the bed". In addition the pillows were questionably small for such a large bed. I guess it was sufficient for a one night business trip at the $106/night price point.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 13, 2013

This was our second stay at the Courtyard in Fayetteville N.C. It was as good as the first. From the moment we checked in to the moment we checked out always observed staff members in positive and will to assist any customer as needed. The best news we heard was that Ms. Gwendolyn would be fixing our breakfast as she had done in December. The breakfasts were hot and always delivered promptly to our table and others with a gracious smile. Kellie and Ms. Gwen were most accommodating to their customers. In spite of a fairly full house, the Housekeeping staff seemed to keep up without a doubt and managed to ensure rooms and public areas were always in a state of readiness. Can not say enough about the staff. Wonder why the hot top is closed???

Room Tip: The ground floor room end room was ready for an early check in and in spite of the fact we had reque...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Beth B, General Manager at Courtyard Fayetteville, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

Thank you so much for your kind words about our staff!!! Kellie and Ms. Gwen ARE great and they always serve our guests with a smile! And our housekeepers have things down to a science! I'm so glad that you had wonderful experiences both in December and again this month! Hopefully we'll see you again soon!

Just to answer your question about our hot tub; in January of 2013 Federal Regulations required the availability of a handicap accessible lift for those guests that may need one to get in and out of our pool and our spas. As our spa is located indoors, we could not safely meet the requirements of having a lift available to use indoors with our Spa. We want all of our guests to be comfortable and safe, and if we have to make changes to ensure that those two things occur, we will! I hope you find this information helpful!

Thanks Again!

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Our daughter's volleyball team came to Fayetteville for a tourney and the whole team stayed at the Courtyard by Marriott. We were very happy with the hotel and the staff. I would like to bring special attention to the manager, Mr. Marasco, and the young lady behind the front desk Kailee. They ARE everything right with Courtyard's managment. They bent over backward to help us with anything in their power, including Mr. Marasco and Kailee getting two of the girl's volleyballs off the roof. VERY IMPRESSED!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I stayed here several weeks on business in February 2013. The hotel is modern and the rooms are very nice. I though the staff was just ok. No problems but not as friendly as some others. The breakfast is fine but not special. This internet access is great. This was a good stay.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 20, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for 4 days and 3 nights and it was a pretty comfortable stay. We had a king suite and the sofa bed seemed to sleep pretty comfortably. Unfortunately the first morning our toilet overflowed but the staff was efficient and the problem was rectified almost immediately. We didn't spend a lot of time actually inside the hotel other than spending the night, but each interaction we had with members of the staff was pleasant. We actually ended up staying at this hotel due to a fluke in our original reservations somewhere else, but I was pleased. The location was awesome. The hotel was in the midst of a dozen restaurants and right down the street from the mall.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Beth B, General Manager at Courtyard Fayetteville, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2013

Thanks for the great comments! So sorry you had a problem with your toilet, but I am so glad we were able to get it fixed for you right away. Hope to see you again soon!