“Good Place” 4 of 5 bubbles

Comfort Inn Near Fort Bragg
Ranked #32 of 50 Hotels in Fayetteville
“Good Place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2012

This is a really nice place! I enjoyed the room and really appreciate the housekeeping staff. I didn't meet the housekeepers, but their care for the rooms is apparent! Cleanliness is key! Way to go! Next time, I'll stick around to meet the housekeepers! Great job!

• Stayed April 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
ComfortInnFortBragg, General Manager at Comfort Inn Near Fort Bragg, responded to this review, April 11, 2012
Thank you for your current stay with us and for taking the time to acknowledge our staff and quality of the rooms. We look foward to your future stays with us!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2012

The first night I attempted to stay there my reservation was given away to someone else and after being told this, someone in line right behind me was able to check in. They offered absolutely no assistance in finding another place to stay. The next day I attempted to stay there (the rest of my work crew was there) I had to wait over 2 hours for my room to become available. Needless to say, this will be the last time I stay here. Very disappointed.

• Stayed February 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
ComfortInnFortBragg, General Manager at Comfort Inn Near Fort Bragg, responded to this review, February 10, 2012
Thank you for your stay with us and taking the time to give us your feedback. Reservations made without a credit card are held on a 6pm guarantee. If notification of a late arrival is not received reservations are released due to no method of payment. Check in time is not guaranteed until 3pm. We apologize if you were not able to check in earlier due to occupancy of the hotel the previous evening and there not being clean vacant rooms that could be assigned.
Richmond, Virginia, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2012

My family and I came into town to visit my mother before she deploys. We booked a double with a rollaway on the Comfort Inn website. To be clear, the site gave me the option of requesting the rollaway and I made sure I put that there would be three adults and two children.I also noted that one guest in the room is handicapped so we would need a room close to the elevator. When I called the hotel shortly after booking to make sure my requests could be met I was told the rollaway would be no problem but that I would have to wait until the day I arrived to see if a room close to the elevator was available. What part of a guest being handicapped is not understandable? Working in the hospitality industry, I pre-assign guests into rooms meeting their requests on a regular basis. I was shocked that the desk agent I spoke to was flat out refusing to do so for me. To make matters worse, on our arrival THE VERY NEXT DAY my grandmother was told that there was no record of that request.

We were assigned a room near the elevator, and the room was nice. Clean and comfortable, and we enjoyed the decor. However, I did notice that the comforters on the beds had significant staining and need to be replaced. I stepped out to get food and when I came back there was a crib in the room, not a rollaway. Upon speaking to the front desk we were told that rollaways were not allowed in double rooms because of fire codes and that my son could either sleep in the crib or we could get two rooms. Never mind that I was given the option of a rollaway on the Comfort Inn site or told it was ok when I called the night before. I'm sorry, but I find this inexcusable.

To finish, my main complaint was the staff. Before going to sleep, I called down to the desk to see about getting an extra blanket for my son since he was going to have to sleep in a crib at 6 years old. It was only 7:30. I was told by Kia at the front desk, and I quote "I ain't got no access to housekeeping right now and even if I did I can't do that right now." Excuse me? So I asked her why they didn't have any blankets available at the desk and was there any way I could get one because there weren't any in the room ans got flat-out told no.

This hotel is in a great location, is clean and has a good breakfast and comfortable beds but due to miscommunication, an obvious refusal to serve guests by the staff and nasty attitudes we will never be back.

Room Tip: Do not stay here. The staff is awful and not helpful in the least.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Amanda S
ComfortInnFortBragg, General Manager at Comfort Inn Near Fort Bragg, responded to this review, February 3, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to comment about your recent stay. We appreciate your feedback and am sorry to hear about the issues and service you encountered while you were here. We try to accommodate every request made via central reserations or an online site. Requests are not guaranteed but if available honored. Thank you again for bringing your issues to our attention and wish you safe future travels.
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2011

First of all, let me begin this review by saying that MOST of the people that work there are nice and somewhat helpful. Some front desk personnel do not know proper procedure at all and appear to have little to no experience and or training. I have not personally encountered any management any time I have been at the front desk area. I believe that is one of their major problems.

The rooms are somewhat out of date. This is an older hotel. The bedding is old and all three rooms I was moved to had stains inside the comforter that were significant. I would say that these comforters are not washed very often if at all. The towels are thin and the water pressure is low. The elevator reeks terribly of cigarette smoke in Building B. Smoking is allowed on the 4th floor and that there is a huge problem. According to one of the front desk personnel after I explained the problem, the smoke travels heavily down through the bathroom fans from the 4th floor onto every floor except the 1st floor. So even though you thought you were getting a non smoking room, surprise! The smoke was so heavy in the bathroom on the 3rd floor that you could literally see it in the air! The staff here does not seem to care about any issues that may arise. I even got an attitude from the morning girl after explaining the problem.

If you stay on the 1st floor in Building B, be prepared for noise from people coming in and out of the hotel at all hours of the night as everyone has to enter the building through one of two doors that slam very loudly every time they close. Also, the parking lot is directly behind some of the rooms and you have to deal with noise from their vehicles in the same manner. All this inconvenience and lack of sleep just to avoid all the cancer causing smoke on the upper levels!!! Just not worth staying at this place at all!!!!!!!!!

The breakfast or lack there of I should say is mediocre at best. They have no shuttle for transportation either. I was moved to 3 different rooms and in each one of them I could not control the heater/cooler in any of them. The thermostats in every room are inoperable. This hotel needs a major tune up but needless to say will not be getting my business again. I stay at only 2 chains over a hundred nights a year and my company has over 20,000 employees that travel as well. Most of us stay for at least 7 nights each time we stay. We all compare notes on where to stay. I can guarantee this place will never see my business and (many others) again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank JonA1975
ComfortInnFortBragg, General Manager at Comfort Inn Near Fort Bragg, responded to this review, January 3, 2012
Thank you for your review and expressing your comments. I apologize for any inconvenience you experienced and that management was not informed during your stay in able to resolve them and continue your business with us. The hotel completed a 4 million dollar renovation in 2010 in which all linen and bedding were replaced, however due to the material we have experienced some issues that we are in the process of replacing. Scrambled eggs and sausage were just recently added to our breakfast menu. In regards to smoking, we are one of the few hotels in the area that offer smoking rooms per the demand for the market. We have 152 rooms in an entirely separate building for non smoking.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2011

My name is Gregory Singleton! I was honored with the opportunity to stay at the Comfort Inn near Fort Bragg during FSU Homecoming weekend (Oct 14 - 16, 2011). Ms Iesha at the Front Desk and Ms Boddy the Breatfast Attendant truly provided AAA plus service.

There will be NO question as to where me and the rest of MY homecoming crew will be staying whenever I visit the Fayetteville, NC area!

Special KUDOS to them BOTH!

Gregory Singleton

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ComfortInnFortBragg, General Manager at Comfort Inn Near Fort Bragg, responded to this review, October 28, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback about your recent stay with us. It was our pleasure having you stay with us and hope you enjoyed the new hot items we added to our breakfast as well as the service you encountered. We look foward to accomodating you and your guests on future trips to Fayetteville. GO BRONCOS!
Newport news
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2011

I booked this hotel when I was going to fayetteville to visit my boyfriend who is at Ft. Bragg. The location is great, cant be beat, close to the mall and restaurants. The hotel itself is nice, very update to be a comfort inn. My mail issues with the stay was the elevator was broken the whole time I was there, and housekeeping kept barging into my room even though I had the do not disturb on the door. All in all ok value for the money.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
We appreciate your feedback and am bringing your concerns to Housekeeping's attention. I apologize about any inconvenience you experienced with the elevator during your stay and are in the process of resolving that issue. Next time you are in town we would love for you to return to our newly renovated Comfort Inn, safe travels!
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2011

Centrally located to malls and Ft. Bragg. I was in room 408 and I would definitely recommend being on upper floors due to much traffic noise (didn't bother me but while I was awake, I could hear the boom boom boom of car speakers going by). Perhaps the upper level - odd numbered rooms would be quieter. The room was very clean and there were plenty of towels which appear to be thin, but are clean, soft and absorbent! The day and night staff was very helpful on several occasions. There is a microwave and a fridge in the room and large flat screen tvs. Breakfast was good with hot scrambled eggs and sausage, along with pastries, bagels, cereal, make-them-yourself waffles, etc. However, a word to the wise: This motel gets MANY contractor and service men and these guys eat alot! Get down to the food very early. There was plenty there.... for a moment.... and then it was gobbled up. The gal running the food certainly had her hands full. But I had to be up early so it wasn't a problem for me. I would definitely recommend the Comfort Inn and will stay here again in the future, if necessary.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Bethsbeach
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to write such a detailed review of some of the new amenities we have added for our guests such as the hot items on the breakfast; scrambled eggs and sausage. We are pleased you found your stay comfortable and look foward to having you stay with us again when back in town.