“Excellent service”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed July 28, 2013

I stopped with my mom and disabled dad at the I-95 Fayetteville Shoney's restaurant. I have several food allergies, making traveling a challenge at meal times. When I inquired about the content of food on the buffet, the manager and chef, Chris, came out to talk with me. Long story short, he personally prepared my steak to perfection, minus any allergens. He walked around the buffet and looked up content of anything he was unsure of. To say that he and the wait staff went out of their way is a gross understatement. Bravo and thank you so very much for taking such good care of us and helping to make our travel experience so much more pleasant.

There are newer reviews for Shoney's

Reviewed July 28, 2013

Stopped here on 7/24 traveling from New Bern to Greenville, Sc & found a clean well managed and delightful restaurant to have dinner in.
While we did not have the buffet, the choices were fresh, hot and constantly being up-dated as the endless stream of customers came into the restaurant.
My wife had the salad bar while I ordered the fish sandwich which came with a house salad. I have to sly the house salad was a nice as the salad my wife put together @ the salad bar.
Thumbs up to this location for a job well done!!!!!!

Reviewed July 26, 2013

You can't beat the great value whether you order the buffet or off the menu. Hot food ,good variety. Friendly Staff
Senior discount available.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

The wife was irritated by this place. First they didn't have the chicken pot pie that appeared on the menu. The reason given was that the menu was a generic Shoney's menu and that "not all Shoney's serve that item." This is a ridiculous business practice. It was the only item on the menu the wife was interested in. I got a steak with rice pilaf and was ok with it, but the wife ordered spaghetti and asked me to taste it. It tasted different than any spaghetti I ever tasted due to the sauce, which reminded me of chili sauce. We indicated that the spaghetti was not right and the waitress replied that they make their own Shoney's spaghetti sauce. Despite our "thumbs down" on the entree, they did not offer anything at checkout to offset our disappointment in their spaghetti. We won't be back to this chain.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

the salad bar and buffet was money well spent. we got a lot of food for a reasonable price. the entrees were average portion and reasonable priced as well .