“Great for girls night!”

Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Fayetteville, North Carolina
“Great for girls night!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

We had an FRG meeting here for the wives, (military town), and it was great! I had the the fried avocado and chicken dish and it was yummy. Our waitress was great, and the noise level was fine, so we were able to chat for hours! I haven't been back since, but only because my hubby doesn't eat Mexican food. I would definitely return with friends, though!

• Visited October 2012

Fort Polk, Louisiana
“Awesome place!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013 via mobile

This is probably the only restaurant in town that I patronize. The drinks and the food are outstanding. I usually go during lunch and the only reason I return is due to the server/bartender named Nicole. You ever heard of Norm from Cheers? Well that is how Nicole greets me. This is a military town and I know she sees hundreds of different faces each week but she always remembers me even if I haven't been there in a couple of weeks. I am NOT an easy customer to please but from the first visit she was on point. First she greets me within seconds of sitting down. From the second visit on, she knew my drink and what I eat. I don't even need a menu. I was impressed. I never have to ask her for ANYTHING!!! She brings extra napkins. She keeps my water filled, and she observed that I was on Atkins so she knows to not bring me rice or beans or tortilla chips. If it is warm outside, the service may not be great because the restaurant makes the servers in the bar area work both the bar area and the outside. Shame on On the Border for that. Anyway, if they make Nicole so mad that she quits, I will have to find another lunch place to go. Or get my food to go because it's pretty good for a chain restaurant.

P.S. To the manager, I'm a real customer. To prove it my receipt is dated 01/13/2013@ 1240. These numbers are under the date and time:201/1 1/10007
Total was 37.25.
Thank you and take care of your good employees!!!!

Key West, Florida
“Thought Someone Slipped Something In My Plate”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

Took awhile to get drinks ordered, another 15 minutes for two sodas to arrive, chips and salsa brought out but chips were soggy not crisp, and I had a strange reaction to my meal, I honestly thought something had been put in it, sort of a combination allergy/digestive disaster. Never went back.

San Antonio, Texas
“Excellent Nachos”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2012

Good service and wait staff. The nachos were hot and tasty. Also had an appetizer with shrimp which was very tasty. Good atmosphere.

Visited November 2012
San Francisco
“Good service. Great location. Bad food.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2012

Chili con Carne is like ultra-wet cat food--look and smell. It's served in a large salsa bowl, and it's got the texture of runny hot-dog chilly. Eeek.

Enchiladas are just plain weird. Their like something you'd get at a Mexican restaurant in Australia, Imagine small, dry, crispy burritos. They didn't taste terrible, but they weren't enchiladas.

Black beans were under-cooked. Rice was a placeholder on the plate. No practical purpose.

On a positive note...

Beef quesadilla was okay.

Chips were good!

Service was amazing. The host was happy, friendly, and smiled with every pass. The waitress was helpful and understanding. In a second she replaced the cat-food-like chilly with another equally as bad green chilly (wasn't her fault that the chilly was disgusting). In the end, she removed the chilly from the bill.

IMPORTANT: I'm from San Francisco, CA. The On the Border restaurant in Dublin, CA is equally as bad as the Fayetteville restaurant.

• Visited December 2012