“Best Mexican food in town.”
Review of Monterrey Mexican Restaurant - CLOSED

Monterrey Mexican Restaurant
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating
Fayetteville, North Carolina
“Best Mexican food in town.”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

As someone who has lived here a few years and has been down to Texas for some time, I have to say this place is delicious. The staff is very friendly and will know you as a regular if you visit a! few times. The food comes out fast and you get chips and drinks right away. There is never a wait, becuase this place is a gem that no one has discovered! The prices are very affordable, try the burrito wrap it's my favorite!

• Visited May 2013

“You should try this place...”
Reviewed August 5, 2012

This place is located in a shopping center near a movie theatre. The staff was very friendly; our waiter was awesome!!!! The food was really really good!!!

Fayetteville, North Carolina
“Above-average Tex-Mex with no wait”
Reviewed June 19, 2012

This is officially the second-best Tex-Mex/Mexican food restaurant in Fayetteville, and I've tried them all several times. Second here, but simply above-average in states with actual good Tex-Mex.

When you walk in, you'll be seated right away. Every time. Even if it's Ft. Bragg payday Friday night. I'm guessing it's due to the location, but the food should be attracting a much larger crowd. You get chips and salsa right away, although just one choice of salsa. There is an extensive menu with all the usual fare, and most of it is very good, and prepared quickly (since the place will likely be mostly empty). Any number of servers will help you, whoever happens to be near you at the time, so service is excellent.

One thing that stands out is how they treat my 3-year old daughter when we eat there (we also took her at age 2). They bring a special mild-for-kids salsa for her, and they bring her food out early, so she's not sitting there grumpy and hungry. The servers are excellent with her, and she always has a good time. I really appreciate that.

All-in-all, I eat here either when I'm in the mood for Tex-Mex and I'm in the area, or when the wait at El Cazador (my favorite) is too long. Do try it out.

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank EyerishRogue
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome mexican food!”
Reviewed February 26, 2012

My husband and I were looking for a local non-chain mexican food restaurant during a one night stay in Fayetteville and boy did we find it at this place! Food was awesome - particularly loved the creamy monterrey jack queso - unique and tasty. Its free but you have to ask for it when they serve the chip and salsa starter. Everything we ordered was delicious from the tacos to the beef, chicken and shrimp fajitas. Large menu with the standard stuff along with some of the most creative entrees you could ask for. My only issue was the sopapillas because I expected the cinnamon/sugar coated fry bread with honey, but received a fried flour tortilla with honey, chocolate syrup and a dollup of whipped cream. The service was outstanding and the owners were sweet and even seemed humble when I complimented the food. You. Just have to try this restaurant if you are in the area!

1 Thank Batgirl5000
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Really good Mexican food!”
Reviewed August 5, 2008