“Don't let the outside lure you in!”

Kobe Japanese Steak & Sushi
Ranked #321 of 519 Restaurants in Fayetteville
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Fayetteville, North Carolina
“Don't let the outside lure you in!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2014

We went on Friday night and it turns out that you have to cook your own food onthe little stove they have on the table, the service is bad, there was this Korean guy helping us out and he looked mad all the time and when I started doing it on my own he was almost on top of my back looking at what i was doing, you're better going to a different restaurant, my bill was $85 for something I didn't enjoy... I'm never going back to that restaurant.

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank metalinkin82

Fayetteville, North Carolina
“There are better restaurants around”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2013

I ate here at kind of an odd time of day. I was in an empty restaurant at the sushi bar and found he rolls to be just okay. The fish was okay, but the rice wasn't right. The sushi chef was amusing, but wasn't worth a second trip to me. Buffet sushi might be worth the price, but I've had better sushi in the city for the same price at other establishments. I haven't been to the hibachi side, so I can't comment on that.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Lauren J
Fayetteville, North Carolina
“Very good teppanyaki portion”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2013

This restaurant is many things apparently, including a buffet, but we've only ever had the teppanyaki meals. The food and choices are on-par with any other cook-Japanese-food-in-front-of-you style, and the atmosphere is filled with appropriate decor. I suppose with - four? - other teppanyaki restaurants within a two-mile radius, Kobe had to get creative and stand out. Apparently the buffet is that idea, but I can't comment on that since I've not eaten it.

Bottom line: If you want teppanyaki and don't want to wait, go here. It's everything you want in that type of restaurant.

Fayetteville, NC USA
“Great Fun Great Value and Great Day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

I had been to Kobe's once before and it was great. I brought my friend here for her first time. It was such a good experience. I had expected a different experience because we were the only ones at the hibachi (2 verses 8). The waitress Annie was super nice, very on top of things no lag in service at all. Since it was lunch on Sunday, I was surprised the early bird special was available. The only thing different was we paid less than last time because it was before 5:30 pm. The Chef was either BJ or VJ but he needs to change it to GJ (great job). Even though there was only 2 of us, he entertained us as though the table was full. I was so impressed that I forgot to eat and watched him instead. I have not tried the sushi, but the hibachi is wonderful, the service great, and everyone we encountered was very friendly. I recommend this if you enjoy Japanese restaurants.

Fayetteville, North Carolina
“One of the worst places in F'ville”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013

Shockingly bad. We prefer buffets, being health conscious more than gluttonous, and we had long wanted to see what they offered so we tried it today (Oct 4, 2013) and could not believe how disappointed we were. First, you see the 90 rating on hygiene and wonder if you should just leave. Then you look at the ceiling and see a symptom of how dirty it is (unpainted drywall just nailed up over old vents). Then, the buffet bar offers ten mediocre dishes. Yes, it does offer a great deal more in the way of sushi so if that is your focus, good for you; you may think it is a great deal, until you do a little research and find out there are alternatives close by that are much better. Much.
The price is ridiculous when you consider that you can eat at several buffets within a few miles for twenty to forty percent less, buffets that offer eighty to one hundred dishes. And then to show how thick-headed management is, they put out donuts for lunch, the only "dessert." They seem to know nothing about what middle America likes to eat. The place was almost empty and now we know why.

2 Thank Jim S