“Mixed conclusion” 3 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Seating
Fayetteville, North Carolina, United States
“Mixed conclusion”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2012

We arrived at 5pm and were seated and had ordered by 5:10pm. We did not receive our food until 6:50pm. The waitress and the owner seemed to care but didn't make much progress. The food, rouladen mit knodel und potatoe salad, was delicious. The room was warm and dark. It would have been great to be able to see the different knick knacks to absorb the atmosphere and feel the breeze if they had utilized the ceiling fans. There seemed to be plenty of regular customers willing to wait.
Food delicious, wait ridiculous.

• Visited June 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Sanford
“Never again”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2011

My wife and I visited the place yesterday for lunch and ordered two Schnitzel sandwiches, the retaurant was empty and it took 45 minutes to get our food. From the sabdwiches to the potato salad everything was bland. They only had one waitress and while she was very polite , she was forgetfull as well, I ordered a refill for my Iced Tea and I got it 30 minutes later. Two iced teas, and two bland sandwiches came up to $21.60 . Needles to say , we'll never dine there again.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank padrefreddie
Atlanta, Georgia
“OMG-Truly authentic southern German food!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2011

I absolutely love the food there. It was like being back in my Omi’s (grandmothers) home in Bavaria. My father, son and I went to eat there on a Saturday night. The special was sauerbraten, potato dumplings, and red cabbage. The sauerbraten melted in your mouth it was so tender. Everything about the food, décor, and atmosphere was like being in a gasthaus in Germany. The owner, who is from Nuremburg, is a pistol and a joy to be around. If you can’t get to Germany and you long for some fantastic traditional German food from Bavaria than visit the “Taste of Europe”.

• Visited October 2011
Florida
“Authentic German/Hungarian/Austrian in NC!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2011

Based on previous reviews we went in expecting the worst. There was no waiting for a table and the waitress promptly took our drink order. The menu (which can be found on urbanspoon) also included weekly specials. Sadly they were out of the one dish I really wanted-chicken paprikash. The mixed salad that came with our entrees was samples of cucumbers in cream sauce, three bean salad and green salad (all on the same plate). Fresh baked marble rye bread was served with the salad. Husband ordered Vienna Schnitzel and I had the chicken and cherries. The spaetzle or potato salad that accompanied the entrees were delicious. The entrees were generous portions, cooked perfectly! We selected desserts from the case to take away. Joanna not only cooks but runs the register too. :). Unfortunately we were going to miss the accordian player and karaoke. Overall we had a good experience.

Shannon, Mississippi
“A Taste of Euorpe”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2011

This is the best restaurant in Fayetteville, NC. The owner makes every one that enters the restaurant feel welcome. Also, she cooks authentic German food. If you don't believe me, go try it yourself and tell her that Barbara Goins sent you. I am a regular customer of A little taste of Europe and plan to keep going for a very long time. In addition, she makes the best desserts; Black forest cake, turamisa, pies and apple struddle. So don't just set at home on Friday or Saturday night doing nothing, go to a little taste of Europe and Karooke and order your favorite dish.

Love you Johanna and Staff!

• Visited August 2011