“Very Good” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mash House Brewery & Rest

Mash House Brewery & Rest
Reserve with OpenTable
Mash House Brewery & Rest is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 516 Restaurants in Fayetteville
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, Brew Pub
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Fayetteville’s most original menu coupled with an on-site brewery make it a local favorite. Decidedly non-chain choices, with a spotlight on hearty fare like steaks, chops and seafood, coupled with our handcrafted beer. Perfection by the plate, paradise by the pint. NEW! Go behind the scenes and see how our beer is born
Charlottesville, Virginia
“Very Good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013

Nice layout and has a nice steak house feel. I was with a large party, so I appreciated the waiter pre-dividing up the ticket. I had the beer sampler and it was very good, better than a lot of others I've had recently. The menu is extensive and everything is reasonably priced. I had the strip steak and it was done as ordered (medium) with a good sear and juicy. My only complaint was our sever messed my check up and I had to ask twice for him to fix it. I would definitely eat here again and would commend it to anyone staying in Fayetteville.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Gary B, General Manager at Mash House Brewery & Rest, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
Josh,

Thank you for your feedback! I am sorry we had issues handling your check. I will revisit this with my staff during our pre-shift meetings, as large party check presentation can sometimes be a little hectic.

Patty Miller

Fayetteville, North Carolina
“Nice splurge out :)”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

This is one of those places that is special to my husband and me. I love the Jolly Rancher flavored drinks. The wait staff are always great and this is one of the few places that still take dinner reservations! That is a real bonus here in Fayetteville on a weekend. The price is a bit higher than a Chilis or Applebee's. ..but this is a higher clavier of dinning experience. Make a reservation today!

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Gary B, General Manager at Mash House Brewery & Rest, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Stacie,

Thank you for your feedback! We are always happy to hear that we provided great service to our guests and truly appreciate your recommendation. :) Please take advantage of our loyalty program, the Rewards Club! It's FREE and you earn points towards future visits. Just let your server know when you return that you'd like to sign up and we can get it started for you. Thank you again for your patronage and we look forward to serving you again!

Patty Miller
phone: 910.867.9223
email: patty@themashhouse.com
“Birthday outing RUINED by rude manager”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013

Went recently for a birthday outing with a group to The Mash House. We were celebrating several birthdays. Jacob was our server and he was absolutely wonderful. We had great service throughout the meal and the food was very good. I had planned to return since that was my first visit. Worth a return trip to try order other menu items. At the end of the meal we were offered dessert for our birthdays, which the majority of birthdays being celebrated were within a week from that date. After we finished dessert, Dustin came to our table with a snippy attitude and said "if our manager sees this many comped desserts on this ticket, he won't like it." He had a smirking face and smart accusatory attitude that we were actually lying about our groups birthday celebration. This was after everyone had ordered their main course, appetizers, and several mixed drinks and beers. We were offered the desserts initially and had not asked for anything "free" for our birthdays. We were also asked by the service staff in the beginning what were we celebrating. Dustin had a horrible attitude with a snippy tone. I even said to put the dessert charge on my bill if it was that big of a problem. Dustin has now discouraged me from returning to this establishment. While I had planned to return because of the food and spectacular service by
Jacob, I may never enter the doors of the Mash House again because of the unprofessionalism of Dustin. I have worked in restaurants for many years, even as a manager and he is one of the worst ill suited ones for his position. Service quality is everything and his definitely needs some revamping.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Gary B, Owner at Mash House Brewery & Rest, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Jenn,

Sorry for the delayed response. I have already reached out to Ms. Goolsby regarding your group's substandard experience at our location. I cannot apologize enough for what happened with the manager on duty, and how it made you feel. Dustin is a valued member of our team and has had nothing but positive reviews on his interactions with guests, which is why this is so surprising and disappointing. I spoke with him personally and he was extremely apologetic and embarrassed. I can assure you and your party that this will never happen again at The Mash House. I've invited the group back for another dinner on us, which we hope you all will be willing to try. I realize we have not earned a second chance to serve you, but if you allow us the opportunity , we will show you the high level of guest service and food for which we have become known in this community. I would love to hear from all your guests after your next visit!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Go for the beer.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

The beer here is good, but the food is way underportioned (if you get the tuna) and way overpriced and strangely enough the management doesn't care what you think. Go for the beer.

Visited March 2013
Gary B, Owner at Mash House Brewery & Rest, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
My name is Gary Bryant and I am the Operating Partner at Tribeca Hospitality. Thank you for your email regarding your recent visit to one of our restaurants and feel that we owe you our deepest apologies for the inconvenience the issue has caused.

At Tribeca Hospitality, we are very serious about guest satisfaction and we work hard to get to the bottom of any complaints. Guest Feedback helps us get better by using these unfortunate situations as a training and development opportunity.

Would you be kind enough to spend a few minutes on the phone discussing the situation with me so that I can take steps to correct immediately? In addition, I would like to invite you back to our restaurant on me in hopes that we may earn your business in the future.

I can be reached in my office at (919)794-8113 or via cell at (919)600-3688. In addition, my email address is gary@tribecannc.com. I hope to hear from you and thank you for your patronage.
Spring Lake, North Carolina, United States
“A very unique restaurant experience for the Fayetteville Area”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

The Mash House is one of the better restaurants in Fayetteville not only because it is one of only a few non-chain restaurants in the area, but because it offers customer service that exceeds a majority of the restaurants around. My husband and I visited a few nights ago, and had a nice dinner outside. There are televisions outside for entertainment and the area is enclosed just right. My husband ordered a prime rib, which was pretty good but the cooks cooked it well past medium rare; what was refreshing was that the waiter was very apologetic and helpful in resolving the issue.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
My name is Gary Bryant and I am the Operating Partner at Tribeca Hospitality. I wanted to take a moment to thank you for taking the time to provide us your feedback. We always strive to provide our guests a pleasurable dining experience with great hospitality and exceptional food.

If I can ever be of assistance please feel free to let me know at gary@tribecanc.com or via phone at (919)794-8113.

Thank you for your patronage and we look forward to serving you on your next visit