“Great Food and Beer”

Mash House Brewery & Rest
Reserve with OpenTable
Mash House Brewery & Rest is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 530 Restaurants in Fayetteville
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Bar, Brew Pub
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Fayetteville’s most original menu coupled with an on-site brewery make it a local favorite. Decidedly non-chain choices, with a spotlight on hearty fare like steaks, chops and seafood, coupled with our handcrafted beer. Perfection by the plate, paradise by the pint. NEW! Go behind the scenes and see how our beer is born
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We had read about the Mash House and decided to take a side trip to Fayetteville on our drive up from Florida to have dinner there. We are so glad that we did. The restaurant is very nice, clean and attractive. We recommend starting the evening with a beer sampler. This way you got to taste all the beers and then choose the one we liked best. We chose their IPA. While we were sampling the beers we shared the bruschetta....EXCELLENT! It was on flatbread and it was more than enough for the two of us. For dinner we had the fish tacos and a pasta dish. Both were excellent! I need to point out that the Mash House was more than a BrewPub, it was a very nice resatuarant with great service.

There are newer reviews for Mash House Brewery & Rest

Reviewed April 8, 2013

This was a great brew pub with very good food. The restaurant had a wide selection of beer, most of which I had never heard of because I am not a big beer drinker. But if you like obscure beers, this is the place to go. The food was unusually good. I have been to a few brew pubs, and most have average food. But this one was good enough that I would go there just for the food. We had to sit at the bar on the Saturday night we were there, otherwise it would have been a 90 minute wait for a table. Make sure you have a reservation. The receptionist was a little snotty, but do not let that put you off because once you have a seat you will really enjoy yourself.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

I was in Fayetteville for 2.5 months on business. This seemed to be the place in town to take guests and visitors. One of the guys in our team, this was his favorite place of everything we tryed in Fayetteville. For me it was good steak but everything else was heavy and pricey. I am not a big beer drinker but they are proud of their brews. Others I was with had some they liked very much and others not so much. All in all good beef, nothing bad or wrong just not my every week must go place.

Gary B, General Manager at Mash House Brewery & Rest, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2014

Thank you for your feedback! We are under new ownership and management and would love to invite you back. I have been the General Manager since October 2013 and have been going through all reviews [no matter how old] in order to improve our food and service. Please email me so we can discuss further: patty@themashhouse.com Thank you in advance for your time and I look forward to hearing from you!

Reviewed March 24, 2013

Setting: a micro-brewery restaurant, large open space, brick walls, "warehouse"/"loft" style. Mid-scale restaurant, with mid-scale prices.
Food: Fresh, well-made. I had the chicken salad with goat cheese, strawberries and pomegranate vinaigrette. Delicious, lots of goat cheese. Other people with me had the BBQ chicken on brioche bun, the balsamic chicken, a steak. And all were raving about their food.
Service: nice, polite, knowledgeable about the beers served, quick and very helpful.

All in all, a nice experience. The music was not too loud, there were not too many people (we went just after opening on a Sunday night). The food was excellent.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

Went there for lunch after going to museum. Great brews and food was excellent also. The building is very old with exposed brick. The server was excellent too.

1  Thank Lenny C