“Good local steakhouse”

Mash House Brewery & Rest
Reserve with OpenTable
Mash House Brewery & Rest is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 527 Restaurants in Fayetteville
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Bar, Brew Pub
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Bar scene, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Fayetteville’s most original menu coupled with an on-site brewery make it a local favorite. Decidedly non-chain choices, with a spotlight on hearty fare like steaks, chops and seafood, coupled with our handcrafted beer. Perfection by the plate, paradise by the pint. NEW! Go behind the scenes and see how our beer is born
Topsail Island, North Carolina
“Good local steakhouse”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Ate here with a co worker while staying at the Hilton Garden Inn just down the road. The place had a nice atmosphere and we were greated friendly by the 2 hostesses and seated quickly at 6:30 PM. More people started rolling in around 7 - 7:30. There are a lot of hotels surrounding this establishment. We started with the micro sampler, the Blonde Ale was great, had a small distinct caramel flavor that ended nicely. We ordered the prime rib and blackended filet. They were both great but if I had to order the two again I would go with the blackened filet. Both came with giant asparagus spears and garlic mashed potatoes. I also ordered the beer and potato soup which was also good. There were lots of tempting items on the menu so took a while to pick. I will try the balsalmic chicken next time. Their "Jambalya Our Style" sounded like a signature dish I have had in Savannah GA served with grits and tasso ham gravy, will also try this perhaps next time. Good restaurant, will run you around $20 per plate on average. Only disappointment would be that no salad came with the signature dishes that we ordered (they come with some of the other entrees). I usually expect a house salaf with a steak entree. Bread would be nice also. I will go back, would like to try some more of their micro brew!

• Visited February 2013

Defiance, Missouri
“Good PLace to Sparge your Wort n Njoy Variety”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

A good selection of house brews, samplers and monster samplers for trialing. Varied and tasty victuals to go with it, beyond oyur normal pub fare includes decent steaks and fish. Overall and Njoyable place for a repast, popular and worth a reservation on Fri n Sat nights.

• Visited February 2013
“Always a good meal and great beer!”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I have been here many times. The only time I did not like it was when we went late at night and it was very crowded. We usually go early, like 5:00 or so, and everything is great. Service is always good. Beer is delicious, if you don't know what type you want, I recommend getting the slab, that way you can try everything! The IPA is my favorite. They usually have a pint on special. They have crayons on the table, so that is good for the kids. They do have a kids menu, and will pretty much make whatever for your kids if they don't like what is on the menu. I would recommend that if you are bringing the kiddos, go earlier, so it will be quicker for them. I have had the Greek pizza for my meal on several occasions, it is my favorite! It is huge, so I usually bring a lot home, and it is delicious the next day as well! Salad is delicious and fresh! If you don't drink, they make their root beer there, so you might like that. Great place, one of my favorite local restaurants.

• Visited January 2013
“Brewery with decent food...”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Krysteena (or whatever her stage name is) was adequate, I suppose. Luckily for her, her adorable high school manager intern Dusty saved the day. I felt bad about asking him if I could speak to his dad. He's alright even if he made me feel really really old.

Seriously though, awesome place!

San Diego, California
“Good food”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Great ambiance (a little noisy) and very good food (however do not order the risotto and steak. Thankfully, I was able to taste others' food, which was very good. The selection of beers is excellent.

Visited January 2013