“Quality Food”

Mash House Brewery & Rest
Reserve with OpenTable
Mash House Brewery & Rest is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 522 Restaurants in Fayetteville
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Bar, Brew Pub
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Fayetteville’s most original menu coupled with an on-site brewery make it a local favorite. Decidedly non-chain choices, with a spotlight on hearty fare like steaks, chops and seafood, coupled with our handcrafted beer. Perfection by the plate, paradise by the pint. NEW! Go behind the scenes and see how our beer is born
San Antonio, Texas
“Quality Food”
Reviewed December 21, 2012

Have visited this place many times. Was only let down once due to a new staff employee. However, like anywhere else in Fayetteville, you will not get overly attentive wait staff like in a bigger city market. But for Fayetteville this place is above average.

Visited December 2012

Fayetteville, North Carolina
“Great food, beer and service.”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

I was hesitant to go to this restaurant as I am not a fan of most places in Fayetteville, but I was wrong about this place. I went with my wife, sister and brother in law and everyones food was delicious and the beer was outstanding. The prices were very reasonable and the server was very friendly and helpful. The butterscotch browny desert was amazing.

• Visited December 2012
Irvine, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“First visit was great, second time not so much”
Reviewed December 14, 2012

I visited the Mash House last summer was very impressed. We had a great dinner and service was very attentive.

However, on my last trip to Fayetteville I did not have the same experience. The hostess was the unfriendliest person I have ever meet and seemed pissed that we wanted to sit in the restaurant and not the bar. I ordered the exact same meal that I got last time, but this time the quality was not as great. We started with the crab dip as an appetizer that had WAY too much horseradish in it this time making it almost inedible. Then my 8oz. filet mignon came out which was the pinkest medium I have ever gotten from a restaurant, but I will take responsibility for that. I should have just ordered medium well just to make sure it would be cooked enough for myself. However, the fact that it was completely covered (and I mean covered) we some red seasoning was all the doing of the chef. It completely ruined the taste of the steak even after I scraped as much of it off as I could. Not to mention that it is suppose to have blue cheese butter on top which was not even the size of a pea. If they were only going to give that amount they should have just left it off completely so it wouldn't have looked so pathetic. Dessert too was also not as good this time they didn't even bother to heat up the blonde brownie which was pretty hard and chewy. My fiance ordered the prime rib sandwich which was good wish I had ordered that instead! Waiter wasn't all that attentive and when I asked for him to apply the sunday military discount by showing my fiances ID he informed me that no such discount existed. I then had to showed him where it was printed right on the bottom of the receipt he had just given us.

I was really disappointed since this was my last meal before I flew back home. Was overpriced for the quality that was served and they need to higher some better servers and hostesses!

Visited December 2012
1 Thank lauren h
Gary B, General Manager at Mash House Brewery & Rest, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Thank you for your feedback! We are under new ownership and management and would love to invite you back. I have been the General Manager since October 2013 and have been going through all reviews [no matter how old] in order to improve our food and service. Please email me so we can discuss further: patty@themashhouse.com Thank you in advance for your time and I look forward to hearing from you!
Jacksonville, Alabama
“what happened?”
Reviewed December 10, 2012 via mobile

I was here a year ago and the food was outstanding. I ate here again and the food was not so great.
I ordered Devils on horseback which is a steak with fried oysters on top. it was not good at all. of the oysters were very very greasy and the state was bland.
I'm sorry to see that the food is not as good as it used to be.

2 Thank Jay C
Fayetteville, North Carolina, United States
“To many drunks”
Reviewed December 3, 2012

I was disappointed to see that the waiteress didn't know when to tell some people they could not have any more drinks. Think about what others think went they get into a reck and they just come from Brewery.

Visited January 2012