“Pleasantly surprised”

Ranked #20 of 51 Hotels in Fayetteville
Rockwood, Maine
“Pleasantly surprised”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

After traveling up and down I95 it was nice to find a clean, updated, comfortable and reasonably priced place to stay. The room had everything one would need and was in a convenient location where one could walk to the variety store or restaurant. It was a quiet non smoking, first floor room, suite style. So much better than many other places we stayed in the same price range and very friendly staff. The only desk clerk we encountered who actually offered to let us view the room before signing in.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank toromerkle

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Princeton, New Jersey
Reviewed April 25, 2013

We found the room to be quiet, clean, and comfortable, and the staff was friendly. There was a refrigerator in the room. Breakfast was the standard continental with waffles. It's convenient to I 95, is reasonably priced, and allows pets.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Lexington, South Carolina
Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

A small room showing its age. Mattress was not comfortable but the pillows were good. Our room was also bed bug free.

They do have smoking rooms if that's for you.

10 minutes from downtown Fayetteville
Close to Interstate 95

Standard continental breakfast plus waffles

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank Abr0610
Kentucky
Reviewed January 14, 2013

i found this place off the internet and made arrangements for 8 days. I arrive late at night hoping this place was clean and bug free. When i walked into my room i was very happy as it was clean and smelled clean, no smoke as i ask for a smoke free room and before in hotels you can still smell smoke in rooms that are smoke free.. the staff are very friendly and helpful as i ask where many places was. The morning breakfast is basic waffles and cold cereal. I would tell people that this is a good place to stay at for the money.. also it is very quiet here. also there is a Cracker Barrel and Ruby Tuesday, and Waffle House and Shonney's close by.. It is right close to the express I95

Room Tip: It is quiet
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
East Brunswick, New Jersey
Reviewed November 28, 2012

There are many hotels off of I-95 and we had to choose one for a one-night stop over. The hotel is conviently located and it's a short walk to Ruby Tuesday's Restaurant where we had dinner. The room was clean and comfortable and the price was right. The clerk was polite. The fitness equipment was old. The continental breakfast was adequate with cereal and waffles.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 11, 2012

We took our church youth group here for the weekend of Pilgrimage. First of all the doors would not lock unless you latched it. We did compliant and that was fixed. The second issue was the managers. The first one when we checked in was awesome and helpful. However the next guy was creepy and clearly not kid friendly. Our session ended at the Crown center and we got back after ten. We quietly made our way to the room but the kids were talking. He came out freaking out and saying we better get quiet. He was just a jerk. I would pay double to stay at a better hotel.

• Stayed November 2012
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed June 30, 2012

My husband and I made plans for our 43rd Family Reunion being held in Fayetteville North Carolina June 29 - July 1, 2012. We searched the internet to select accommodations that were listed as "suites". We were taking our fifteen year old granddaughter with us to meet family and to have a memorable vacation with us. That was reason we needed a suite.

We decided to leave for our trip a day earlier than the rest of our family. My husband located Country Hearth Inn (Fayetteville, N.C.) because the hotel, featured on the internet "DELUXE KING SUITE NON-SMOKING, PULL OUT SOFA IN LIVING ROOM, COFFEE MAKER, HAIR DRYER. ALL ROOMS HAVE MICRO FRIDGE, COFFEE,.... etc. for a very affordable price. We were delighted with the offer and decided to book the "suite" for three days. Well, let me tell you what happened.

The "suite" was a big outdated room, with a counter that divided the room into space for a very small "livingroom". The furniture was very outdated and unattractive. The pull out bed was in such bad condition that our granddaughter slept with her head higher than her feet. When we asked for bedding for her pull out "cot", staff presented us with two sheets and a crumbled blanket that looked as if it had been taken out of clothing garbage. The small space required that we move the coffee table to a wall, in order to pull out the "cot". The coffee table was hit by the door whenever we needed to leave the room.

Needless to say, we were very disappointed with our accommodations. My husband and I felt we were mislead by the reservations from Country Hearth Inn.

We slept there that night and found better accommodations the next morning.

Room Tip: Before a traveler accepts the keys to a room, ask to inspect the room first.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family