“Great place”

Residence Inn Fayetteville Cross Creek
Ranked #15 of 53 Hotels in Fayetteville
Reviewed May 4, 2014

Place was great, clean, very spacious, and location was ok. Right next to a walmart but never had any issues. I liked having a mini kitchen especially when staying for several days. A little pricey but you get what you pay for.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Arnie G, General Manager at Residence Inn Fayetteville Cross Creek, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2014

Dear Stargrl6,

Thanks for your review! We are glad that our hotel and level of service and cleanliness met your needs. Please know that we have been working extremely hard on our renovations and we are thrilled you enjoyed your spacious new suite.

Our sincere hope is that you'll stay at our hotel again on a future trip.

Thanks allowing us to serve you and for your feedback.

Reviewed March 10, 2014

My experience with this hotel was much better than the other reviews. Refurbishment of public areas was almost completed, and maybe the rooms had already been done. Mine was in excellent, like new condition, including the kitchen. Bed, sofa, etc. were all comfortable. I thought the room was well arranged. Check-in and service were friendly. Too bad it's not closer to I-95. I went out of my way because I needed a kitchen, which again was in fine condition. Also not sure why one reviewer felt unsafe. Nothing wrong with the neighborhood, just next door to Sams, etc.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank quackmar
Arnie G, General Manager at Residence Inn Fayetteville Cross Creek, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2014

Good afternon,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our Residence Inn by Marriott in Fayetteville NC. We appreciate you staying with us and we are very excited you enjoyed your stay in our newly renovated hotel. We take pride in making your your stay as great as possible!

Thanks again for staying with us and look forward to see you in the future.

Arnie Garcia

Reviewed March 7, 2014

I was looking for a week-stay during a routine business trip and thought I'd try Marriott (I usually look for Hilton branches). It was 9pm, very rainy and windy outside, and I was anxious to settle in. I was not greeted at the front desk but was given "a finger and a look", which is a poor universal code for "I'll help you in a minute". Intrigued, I thought to see what other needs were willing to be ignored so I inquired about some of the hotel amenities. As I suspected at this point, there was little to no effort into meeting my needs so I turned around and checked into a Hilton chain a few blocks down the road.

Interestingly, as I left, there was an employee (who does not work the reception desk) that stopped me (having overheard my questions) and took the time to try and help me out. I had already committed to staying at another hotel, but I appreciate the fact that one man was willing to go out of his way to help someone!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Arnie G, General Manager at Residence Inn Fayetteville Cross Creek, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2014

Dear Adam S,
Thank you for taking the time to wrote your comment in Trip Advisor and sharing with us your experience with the Residence Inn Fayetteville Cross Creek. I apologize that your recent experience was not satisfactory and appreciate your feedback.

You’re a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. Please be assured that we are taking immediate corrective steps to avoid such problems in the future. Please contact me directly when you are ready to make your next reservation.

If you would like to discuss your experience further, please feel free to contact me directly at the phone number listed below. Once again, please accept my apology. We would like to regain your trust and we hope you will allow us an opportunity to provide you with an exceptional guest experience when your travels bring you back to this area.

Reviewed February 12, 2014

We stayed here recently for a sporting tournament. This hotel was listed as part of the available lodging. We were lucky to be able to check-in early, and the front desk day staff were friendly. Our room was two bedrooms and two baths and the layout was nice and roomy. The only quirk with the room was that in the master bedroom, the TV was bolted to the dresser and did not swivel like the other TVs, so in order to view the TV comfortably from the bed, I had to pull the entire dresser out and turn it towards the bed. Some of the furnishings were a little dated and there were stains on the kitchen table that we couldn't remove. The bathrooms were clean.

The hotel itself is in a shopping area and a little confusing to access since you basically are right next to the Sams/Wal-Mart (high chain-link fence separating) and enter the same driveway or go one light down and enter between two restaurants. Once you do it a few times, it gets easier.

The breakfast was decent, but pretty crowded with some many sports teams. Only wish they would have had salsa or shredded cheese with the scrambled eggs. That has been a new thing for me when eggs are bland - give it a try.

The only gripe we had was with the lady at the front desk the first night. The breakfast normally starts at 7:00 am on Saturdays and Sundays, but some sports teams needed to be at the field by 7:15 so it was impossible to have the kids eat prior to playing. We asked if breakfast could be started at 6:30, at least the cold things like cereal and milk. The woman adamantly said "no" the manager specifically said "no" to this request. We asked to see the manager and she just pointed to his name on the wall. I made a note of the manager's name. In the past, when we run into this type of time constraint with a hotel sponsoring a sporting event, they make exceptions or even set up a breakfast in a separate meeting room... so we were surprised with her attitude and answer.

But, I am happy to report the breakfast WAS started earlier the next morning - only wish we had known that in advance. We were still able to quickly grab something while going out the door.

I'm a Marriott Rewards member and like to stay at Residence Inns for the extra room and full kitchens, but with so many choices in the Fayetteville area, not sure we would chose this location again??? There are tons of places to eat close-by and with Wal-Mart right next door, it's easy to buy food and cook in your room.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank CindyC77
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Being a Marriott rewards member, I have stayed in plenty of Marriotts. My wife loves staying at the Residence Inns since it reminds her of being almost home. This Marriott is definitely not a '5' on the Marriott scale. I had no reservations and they had availability. What shocked me was the fact that they charge $100 for pets. I had paid $40 for staying at the Rocky Mount Residence Inn. They are in the process of updating this property. The workers look shady and eye you out like you're a target. My first room seemed to be updated, but the toilet didn't work. The front desk was apologetic and upgraded my room. I was given a 2br suite. Very nice, but the dishwasher looks like it wasn't installed properly and the 2 sinks don't operate. It looks like the contractors put the stuff in and didn't check to see if it worked. I think that the Marriott home office should come and see the shortcuts the contractors they've hired have taken, the front desk was very helpful and friendly, but I would not stay here again and I plan on writing to Marriott about this property.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank TheNYRelaxer
Reviewed December 30, 2013

When my wife and I travel, we tend to look for Marriott properties. Definitely when we have our dogs. This property needs more Marriott attention. It's disconcerting for a guest to arrive late, park your car near a dark tinted car, running engine and vibrating from the sound system.

We had bags and dogs, so we had to make a few trips back and forth. Of course the car was there the whole time. When the dogs had to go out later in the wee hours, we discovered another vehicle with occupants sleeping in the car.

Just not what I would expect from a Marriott property. Staff was friendly enough and the room was ok, just not the same experience that's we're used to. In fact we usually stay at Rocky Mount which has always been exceptional.

I struggled writing this review. Were there things terribly bad, no. Could they do things to make you feel more welcomed and safe, absolutely ergo the "Marriott Touch or Attention".

Respectfully submitted.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Anja P, General Manager at Residence Inn Fayetteville Cross Creek, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2014

Thank you for choosing Residence Inn by Marriott Fayetteville for your recent stay and for your review.
I am sorry to hear that you did not feel safe at our hotel and would like to assure you that we are located in a safe area in Fayetteville. To ensure our guest's safety we schedule security staff daily.
Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience you may have experienced during your stay.
We hope that you will consider giving our property another try, so we can demonstrate to you that we have a great and secure hotel.

Anja Palasky

Reviewed November 3, 2013

2 Bedroom/2 Bath suit with fully stocked Kitchen was perfect for our family of 4 adults 2 children. Very Clean. Staff pleasant and helpful. Last minute request for crib was delivered at time promised. Would definitely return.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank MrPicklesmom
Arnie G, Manager at Residence Inn Fayetteville Cross Creek, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2015

Dear Traveler,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review. We are very pleased to hear that your stay was a good one and that we met all your expectations. We take pride in making sure every guest is treated like family. I will pass your kind comments to Heather and Gabby; they are both a great asset to our team.

We look forward to seeing you and your family again.

Best Regards,