“Full suites. Great deal”

Residence Inn Fayetteville Cross Creek
Ranked #15 of 53 Hotels in Fayetteville
Reviewed April 28, 2013

I use the. Marriott hotel group because they provide excellent value and this was no exception clean well laid out room and public spaces. Great breakfast area and food.. Bed comfy room quiet what more can one ask. Staff were pleasant reception lady was not that welcoming which is unusual but she did her job.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
StacyCounihan, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Fayetteville Cross Creek, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

Kenneth,

We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us back in April. We pride ourselves in our warm and friendly staff, so you must have had an unusual experience at the reception. Please come back and introduce yourself to management next time you're in town and we will make sure your stay is just as pleasant as your first!

Reviewed April 23, 2013

As a former resident of Fayetteville, I'm rather well aware of the city and its hotel offerings. If and when I am to visit now that I've moved away, the Residence Inn (or its sister property, Town Place Suites), are my choices for hotels. Not only are the staff attentive and friendly, but all the rooms are full suites and give me everything I could want in a room. I also have 2 dogs and travel with them often. I've never stayed in a more pet friendly hotel! I've stayed in all room types as well, depending on how many people in our party, and I've never been disappointed in our accommodations!

Room Tip: Rooms book fast, especially during the work week when there are lots of business travelers in the ho...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Linda M
Reviewed April 18, 2013

I am a Silver member with Marriott, and I have been to few properties where the people was as friendly as they are here! The woman at the front desk helped me get the reservation and it wasn't easy they are always packed and I had to stay at another Marriott for about a week. The room is very comfortable and homely! It provides a great environment, and room to relax! Highly recommend!

Aaron
Clarksville, TN

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Got a chance to stay at this hotel over the weekend. We prefer Marriott because of the great customer service and quality. The room (1 bedroom suite) was beyond expectations, and in a great location. Slept like a baby. Would definitely stay at this hotel on my next overnight trip to Fayetteville.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 7, 2013

I am a well traveled Marriott customer - with thousands of miles. I often stay at their Residence Inn Properties when I travel with my children - focusing on the ability to obtain a suite. Most all Residence Inn's I've stayed in have met and exceeded my expectations, but not the Fayetteville Cross Creek Property.

First and foremost, the front desk is nice - as is the common areas. However, the rooms are "sleepy" - or worn. Our bathroom had peeling wallpaper and well worn carpets. Additionally, towel racks were falling off the wall.

Secondly, at 3:00 - my entire family was woken by what sounded like Alfred Hitchcock's "THE BIRDS". Never in my traveling life have I experienced such a thing. For over an hour and a half (remind you - 3:00 am) birds were going wild - just outside of our window. Needless to say, we could not go back to sleep. I finally went down to the Front Desk and the best they could do is offer me another room at full rate (regardless of my desire to get at least 4 hours of sleep). Her response, "you can talk to the manager at 9:00 am"....well guess what, I was leaving at 9:00 am - heading to Savannah, GA (see my review of that property).

When I took it upon myself to "check it out" the next morning, I concluded that my room was directly beneath the "Residence Inn" signage - and birds were nesting there in the hundreds....I further concluded that since the lights are on all night, they must have thought it was daytime...?

Either way, I would not recommend this property to ANYONE.

Room Tip: Stay away from rooms beneath the signage! The Birds will keep you up all night long.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank IrvingtonVirginia
StacyCounihan, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Fayetteville Cross Creek, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2013

Thank you, we certainly appreciate your feedback and loyalty to Marriott. I would like to apologize for an 'atypical' stay here.

First, I am happy to announce that the Residence Inn by Marriott-Fayetteville Cross Creek is due for a renovation at the end of this year! We understand our property has some wear and tear being that we opened in 2006, but we are excited for a fresh, new look that our guests will be extra pleased with.

As for the unfortunate bird incident, we apologize you did not get much sleep and want to let you know this is the first complaint we have had regarding loud birds outside. We simply cannot control mother nature, as much as we would like to, especially in rare cases like yours.

We hope you come back and give us a second chance to get a good night's rest next time you're in town! We will make sure you are as far away from the sign as possible :)

Reviewed April 5, 2013

I prefer Marriott because of the consistent quality. But at the Fayetteville Residence, the facility and staff were a cut above the rest. Check-in was easy and the desk staff was very polite, helpful and gave me a very good overview of the events that night (Sloppy Joes with Beer & Wine). The room was excellent prepared. Everything worked. And the beds were very comfortable. In the morning, the continental breakfast was hot, with a good choice of selections. Checkout was very easy. Overall I could not be more pleased. If you are at Fort Bragg or just traveling RT 95 in North Caroline, this is the place to stay.

Room Tip: Just a little bit difficult to locate. It is behind the Towne Place in the same parking lot.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 31, 2013

If you're use to staying at other Residence Inn's like I am you will be shocked by this one. The front desk staff is unattentive. You always feel like you're bothering them. The water went out several times over the course of my stay. In fact, I did not even drink the water. It was always cloudy or yellow so I bought bottled during my stay. There is no dinner like there normally is at a Residence Inn. The breakfast is always rough looking. The bed is beyond awful and everything just smells funny. I would skip this place.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank KBSFargo
StacyCounihan, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Fayetteville Cross Creek, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. We do apologize you were not satisfied with your most recent stay with us. We did have a temporary plumbing issue that was on and off for about 48 hours, that we simply could not control ourselves and took immediate action by calling a reputible plumbing company, who ended up fixing the issue. We understand that this was an inconvenience to our guests during that time and did our best to be as accommodating as possible, to those who voiced their concerns.

We pride ourselves in our warm and friendly staff, and are sorry you feel you did not receive the utmost highest level of service at our front desk. We have daily meetings with the staff, to teach and promote outstanding customer service. You can see in many of these TripAdvisor comments, that our staff is commended for their kindness.

Residence Inn does in fact have evening socials, however, they are limited to Monday-Thursday from 6-7:30PM. You must have been here on a Fri-Sunday if we did not have one. In addition, we offer a full-hot breakfast buffet, in which the kitchen and breakfast area has a 100% Sanitation rating. We have two wonderful ladies in our morning kitchen staff, who prepares breakfast fresh every morning.

Please let us know when you will be returning back to the area, and give us another chance to show you a wonderful hotel experience.