“Noisy at Night!”

WoodSpring Suites Fayetteville West
Ranked #32 of 51 Hotels in Fayetteville
“Noisy at Night!”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

On the weekend this hotel is out of control. People who don't live here, come in the building smoking, cursing, and park all crazy in the parking lot. Only staying here ten days, and I don't think I would stay here again. When office close, tenants let other people in the building. Very scary for a single person like me. Do your home work before you stay here. It's Sunday and it's very busy with strange people.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank Angelia123

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed June 22, 2013

I looked around on the internet before choosing Value Place. The Extended Stay America down the street wanted almost $2,000 a month, up front. Here, I pay by the week and only pay for what I use. Since I'm here to work, I don't have time for pool and seriously, how many people really go to a fitness club at their hotel?

Internet was only $10 extra. Housekeeping came like clock work every two weeks and did an awesome job. The rest of the time, I was left alone unless I had a question or concern. The staff was friendly and professional, always greeting me and helping me immediately.

No signs of drugs, hookers, or weirdos here. There's a police car in the parking lot (I guess they live here too) and I've had no problem in the six weeks I've been here.

North Carolina isn't bad, but they can eat you alive in the taxes on hotel rooms. My first week was a $100 deposit which I'll get back when I check out and about $200. That's less than a lot of the hotel rooms in the area go per NIGHT.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Rebecca A
Heather L, Guest Relations Manager at WoodSpring Suites Fayetteville West, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Thank you for your feedback! We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope that you will continue to think of Value Place during your travels.
Fayetteville, North Carolina
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Wasn't comfortable at all! It was noisy, hard beds, showers would lose hot water. You have to pay for internet. It's cheap but not a place I would stay in again. Had to move to another place after a week of staying here.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed January 9, 2013

I needed somewhere to stay while visiting my ill mother during the Christmas holidays. Value Place is 5 minutes from where she lives so that made a difference. I missed check in time on Christmas Eve but after using the lobby phone, someone was there to check me in. Although extended stay, it's very bare bones. The room has a small stove, microwave, and fridge but nothing else. No coffee pot, no iron, nothing to eat with, no maid service, no extras. You can pay extra for those if you want. I had asked for a quiet room and for the most part it was. I did hear muffled loud music a few very late nights but not enough to really bother me. The room was clean. I saw no bugs at all. I didn't see any seedy characters while I was there. Mostly just normal people. I try to be aware of surroundings and felt safe. I saw staff cleaning the grounds a lot and most of them were friendly. Overall for my budget and needs if was a decent place to stay. All things being the same I would stay there again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed December 12, 2012

I stayed here for two months after I came home from a deployment. My sister lives in Fayetteville but there was no room at her place, and I just wanted to be near family for a while. There are a lot of bad reviews of this place, but I am not sure what these people are looking for. It’s budget and Value Place is not ashamed to admit it. I was not expecting the Hilton. For $199 a week, this is what you get.

The staff is actually quite courteous. The front desk people always say hi, and after a while they get to know you by name. They especially like you if you don’t make trouble. The housekeepers are also pleasant. Even if you don’t sign up for the linen exchange or extra housekeeping, sometimes they will come around and give you clean towels or tidy up the room for you for no additional charge. Don't expect this, but I appreciated it when I got it.

I had a basic studio. Comes with queen size bed, a moderately comfortable chair, a table with two cafeteria style dining chairs and a medium sized kitchen with full fridge. Towels and linen are provided, but nothing else. Value Place will sell you a coffee pot and basic dishware for 29.99, but if you’re on a budget just go to the nearest thrift store. I bought a pan at wal-mart for $12. I got a plate, cup, bowl and silverware at the thrift store for $5. That’s all you need if it’s just you.

Internet, additional housekeeping and linens are an extra cost. They will clean the room and change linens and towels every other week. If you need more, you must pay. The internet is $10 every week or so. You will need an Ethernet cord. There is no wi-fi. Value Place will sell you one for $7, or once again, go to thrift store and get one for .50.

Coin laundry and vending machines are available on the first floor. Pillows are flat. Bed was just okay. Room décor was bland. Old-school style TVs. The doors are heavy, so every time you open it, it will slam shut loudly. This got old after awhile, but then you just get used to it. It’s budget, so what you do you expect?

My room was really clean. I did not see roaches or ants. Trust me, I would have moved out IMMEDIATELY if this were the case. They let you look at the room before you pay, so you can decide for yourself if it meets your standards.

I did not have major problems with other guests. The first week, there were some noisy patrons down the hall from me. They came in late at night and talked loudly in the hallways. They eventually moved out, and it was quiet thereafter. About three weeks in, a guy upstairs moved in and he was a heavy stepper. He got up at 5AM every morning and stomped from one end of the place to the other. It also sounded like he moved furniture around.

The place is full of military personnel PCSing in and out of the area, young ne’er-do-wells, and people who probably can’t afford any place else and have nowhere to go. I minded my own business. If someone spoke to me, I spoke back but I did not mingle.

The only thing I really hated is the smoking area is directly outside the doors. If you’re not a smoker this is aggravating. I don’t know why they don’t just put up a smoker shack somewhere away from the front doors so people can walk through without second-hand smoke. Maybe they’ll read this review and consider it.

This is not a luxury place, but it’s not a total dive either. If you set your expectations correctly you won’t be disappointed. If you feel like this place is not good enough for you then go across the street to Extended Stay and pay twice as much for fancier carpet.

Room Tip: Stay away from elevator. Choose second floor.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Fayetteville, North Carolina
Reviewed August 6, 2012

I am currently starting my 3rd week at this location. I have no complaints for the first half of my time here, but a few days ago, neighbors from hell moved in.

They blast their television at all hours of the day and night. It never goes off. They also slam and bang things around. The first night it happened, it was nearly 11pm when I called the on-call person to complain that I could not sleep from the noise. They did turn it down at that point, but the next day, and every day since then, up the sound went. It has been constant, 24/7.

I have been sleep-deprived since then. It seems there is nothing they can do because they are full-up with no alternate rooms to move me to. I can't help but think they could send someone with authority up to the room to tell these people to keep it down, but they haven't, and I guess they won't.

If it was me, I would throw them out. Instead, I've spent the better part of a grand to stay here and can't even sleep in my room now. I would seriously consider going to sleep in my car, if it weren't so hot. I should have picked up and went somewhere else when they told me that it was unlikely that they would have a room to move me to, but I was already settled in.

I am counting the days till I check out and hoping that they will really start to enforce the rules that they have against loud noise. It's in the rules when you check-in, so why isn't it being enforced? Throw the jerks out until they can learn to act civilized.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 5, 2012

The title says it all...the folks working CJ and Tiffany made the best if the situation by moving me and offering to move me again but if the bugs are there they are everywhere. Must say beware if there policy that says you will not get a refund no matter what as there policy is to change your room if there is a problem. BUT if you have roaches crawling all over your room and you call at night and the hotel is full there is nothing you can do because the might person who you have to call can not do anything AT ALL because they have no authority. I have to say I am always skeptical of reviews and this is my first one. But I had to make this clear....if you have no choice and your children's health let soon yours is not important this one location has told me enough to tell everyone do not stay here unless those things are not important to you. I will sleep in my car in the parking .lot and wash up in the bathroom of a fast food place before I stay here if I can not afford a slightly more expensive accommodation. Listen to me DO NOT STAY HERE....SERIOUSLY!

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank mobtr79s
Heather L, Value Place Property Management at WoodSpring Suites Fayetteville West, responded to this review, August 31, 2012
Value Place prides itself on being clean and safe. We take these comments very seriously. We are constantly striving to improve our guests' experience. We apologize that your stay did not live up to our standards.