“Bare bones but adequate”

WoodSpring Suites Fayetteville West
Ranked #30 of 51 Hotels in Fayetteville
Dallas, Texas
“Bare bones but adequate”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

I needed somewhere to stay while visiting my ill mother during the Christmas holidays. Value Place is 5 minutes from where she lives so that made a difference. I missed check in time on Christmas Eve but after using the lobby phone, someone was there to check me in. Although extended stay, it's very bare bones. The room has a small stove, microwave, and fridge but nothing else. No coffee pot, no iron, nothing to eat with, no maid service, no extras. You can pay extra for those if you want. I had asked for a quiet room and for the most part it was. I did hear muffled loud music a few very late nights but not enough to really bother me. The room was clean. I saw no bugs at all. I didn't see any seedy characters while I was there. Mostly just normal people. I try to be aware of surroundings and felt safe. I saw staff cleaning the grounds a lot and most of them were friendly. Overall for my budget and needs if was a decent place to stay. All things being the same I would stay there again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed December 12, 2012

I stayed here for two months after I came home from a deployment. My sister lives in Fayetteville but there was no room at her place, and I just wanted to be near family for a while. There are a lot of bad reviews of this place, but I am not sure what these people are looking for. It’s budget and Value Place is not ashamed to admit it. I was not expecting the Hilton. For $199 a week, this is what you get.

The staff is actually quite courteous. The front desk people always say hi, and after a while they get to know you by name. They especially like you if you don’t make trouble. The housekeepers are also pleasant. Even if you don’t sign up for the linen exchange or extra housekeeping, sometimes they will come around and give you clean towels or tidy up the room for you for no additional charge. Don't expect this, but I appreciated it when I got it.

I had a basic studio. Comes with queen size bed, a moderately comfortable chair, a table with two cafeteria style dining chairs and a medium sized kitchen with full fridge. Towels and linen are provided, but nothing else. Value Place will sell you a coffee pot and basic dishware for 29.99, but if you’re on a budget just go to the nearest thrift store. I bought a pan at wal-mart for $12. I got a plate, cup, bowl and silverware at the thrift store for $5. That’s all you need if it’s just you.

Internet, additional housekeeping and linens are an extra cost. They will clean the room and change linens and towels every other week. If you need more, you must pay. The internet is $10 every week or so. You will need an Ethernet cord. There is no wi-fi. Value Place will sell you one for $7, or once again, go to thrift store and get one for .50.

Coin laundry and vending machines are available on the first floor. Pillows are flat. Bed was just okay. Room décor was bland. Old-school style TVs. The doors are heavy, so every time you open it, it will slam shut loudly. This got old after awhile, but then you just get used to it. It’s budget, so what you do you expect?

My room was really clean. I did not see roaches or ants. Trust me, I would have moved out IMMEDIATELY if this were the case. They let you look at the room before you pay, so you can decide for yourself if it meets your standards.

I did not have major problems with other guests. The first week, there were some noisy patrons down the hall from me. They came in late at night and talked loudly in the hallways. They eventually moved out, and it was quiet thereafter. About three weeks in, a guy upstairs moved in and he was a heavy stepper. He got up at 5AM every morning and stomped from one end of the place to the other. It also sounded like he moved furniture around.

The place is full of military personnel PCSing in and out of the area, young ne’er-do-wells, and people who probably can’t afford any place else and have nowhere to go. I minded my own business. If someone spoke to me, I spoke back but I did not mingle.

The only thing I really hated is the smoking area is directly outside the doors. If you’re not a smoker this is aggravating. I don’t know why they don’t just put up a smoker shack somewhere away from the front doors so people can walk through without second-hand smoke. Maybe they’ll read this review and consider it.

This is not a luxury place, but it’s not a total dive either. If you set your expectations correctly you won’t be disappointed. If you feel like this place is not good enough for you then go across the street to Extended Stay and pay twice as much for fancier carpet.

Room Tip: Stay away from elevator. Choose second floor.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 6, 2012

I am currently starting my 3rd week at this location. I have no complaints for the first half of my time here, but a few days ago, neighbors from hell moved in.

They blast their television at all hours of the day and night. It never goes off. They also slam and bang things around. The first night it happened, it was nearly 11pm when I called the on-call person to complain that I could not sleep from the noise. They did turn it down at that point, but the next day, and every day since then, up the sound went. It has been constant, 24/7.

I have been sleep-deprived since then. It seems there is nothing they can do because they are full-up with no alternate rooms to move me to. I can't help but think they could send someone with authority up to the room to tell these people to keep it down, but they haven't, and I guess they won't.

If it was me, I would throw them out. Instead, I've spent the better part of a grand to stay here and can't even sleep in my room now. I would seriously consider going to sleep in my car, if it weren't so hot. I should have picked up and went somewhere else when they told me that it was unlikely that they would have a room to move me to, but I was already settled in.

I am counting the days till I check out and hoping that they will really start to enforce the rules that they have against loud noise. It's in the rules when you check-in, so why isn't it being enforced? Throw the jerks out until they can learn to act civilized.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 5, 2012

The title says it all...the folks working CJ and Tiffany made the best if the situation by moving me and offering to move me again but if the bugs are there they are everywhere. Must say beware if there policy that says you will not get a refund no matter what as there policy is to change your room if there is a problem. BUT if you have roaches crawling all over your room and you call at night and the hotel is full there is nothing you can do because the might person who you have to call can not do anything AT ALL because they have no authority. I have to say I am always skeptical of reviews and this is my first one. But I had to make this clear....if you have no choice and your children's health let soon yours is not important this one location has told me enough to tell everyone do not stay here unless those things are not important to you. I will sleep in my car in the parking .lot and wash up in the bathroom of a fast food place before I stay here if I can not afford a slightly more expensive accommodation. Listen to me DO NOT STAY HERE....SERIOUSLY!

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank mobtr79s
Heather L, Value Place Property Management at WoodSpring Suites Fayetteville West, responded to this review, August 31, 2012
Value Place prides itself on being clean and safe. We take these comments very seriously. We are constantly striving to improve our guests' experience. We apologize that your stay did not live up to our standards.
Reviewed March 14, 2012

Don't stay at the value place because they have roaches I dune seen aleast 20 roaches. They is not clean at all. They don't do good housekeeping. They is not clean at all. That's all I got to say. Take my word of advice..Be safe if u do choose to stay overnight there. It's not safe for your kids..

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank 623wanda
Heather L, Property Management Company at WoodSpring Suites Fayetteville West, responded to this review, March 19, 2012
Reviewed January 19, 2012

This place is great. The workers are very friendly. It is very cleaned. The prices are very good when you pay by month. I am currently staying there now and I feel safe and secure here. I don't notice any drug behaviors or any of that type of bad atmosphere. It is really comfortable and quiet and relaxing.

Room Tip: This is a great place to stay. It is very comfortable and quiet, It is a very nice atmosphere.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Heather L, Manager at WoodSpring Suites Fayetteville West, responded to this review, July 20, 2012
We appreciate you lodging with us and happy to hear you had a pleasant experience. Value Place prides itself on being clean and safe. No matter what brings you to Value Place, you can count on a respectful, helpful and friendly team dedicated to keeping the Value Place promise to our guests. We wish you well in your future travels and if you're ever in need of an extended stay we hope you'll choose Value Place!
Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed March 10, 2011

Where to start.... I and my business partner had a limited budget and was looking for a place to get a deal when we came upon the value place (199.99 a week, which was later bumped up during our stay to 209.99...) We arrived on a sunday when they do not have front desk hours but someone was made available to us. She was a very pleasant woman and check in went smoothly. There is a 100$ deposit on the room which is kind of odd instead of asking for a credit card, but ,from some of the clientel they serve, it seemed reasonable. There was a 10$ charge for what they advertised as "highspeed" internet. When we asked about it she said she wasn't sure if the internet was working so she waived the fee. The she handed us ethernet cables. Needless to say the internet was not highspeed at all! And that is when it was working. She said they were getting new internet that week (ha). 3 weeks into my stay they decided they should charge us for their slow as a turtle internet. I chose just to go to the Starbucks a block away and use their FREE WIRELESS.
We were told at check in that cleaning service would be provided every two weeks (gross). During my second week I began to inquire about the service and was told the cleaning lady was sick. Not my problem, but apparently it was. I ended up having to borrow their vaccuum and broom so I could clean the room MYSELF. In my fourth week when the cleaning lady did show, I was in my room and asked her to comeback later as I was going to leave soon. She must have taken this as me saying I didn't need my room cleaned, for when I returned the room was not cleaned. I saw her in the room next to mine and told her I would step out so she could clean my room. This apparently enraged her because she began cursing god and such and giving me alot of attitude about it. When I returned my bed had been made and my towels taken and not replaced. She had not touched the floors or anything else. I spilt a little water on the floor and when I wiped it up the paper towel was BLACK. Which leads me to believe they never mop their floors. They also do not replace trashbags or TP. Also I developed some type of sinus infection while there that lingered the whole duration of my stay. When I left the place it magically went away which leads me to believe they have some type of mold issue. So if you have any type of respiratory problems BEWARE!!
While it was nice having the little kitchen they offer, it had it's drawbacks as well. The entire room would smell like food for days because of the lack of ventilation in the room. Plus since there is only a rack hanging in the room for your clothes they would also smell. The window had a stopper in it that only allowed it to open a couple of inches, so you could not get fresh air inside.
THE BED WAS HORRID!! I've slept on more comfortable floors. They dont even use box springs. Just a sheet of particle board that would scratch my calves evertime i sat on the bed. What they called a mattress was a joke. More like springs with a very thin plastic covering. If you moved around too much in your sleep the mattress would slide off the board. Pretty pathetic and very painful.
Now I will say what was good about it. It was close to a few restaurants. Fast food mostly. There was a nice bakery close if you like 4$ cupcakes (I suggest the bread pudding). It was in a pretty good location for my needs as well. That's about all I have good to say about the place. The management was very unhelpful and didn't seem to really care about the customers. They never apologized for the rude cleaning woman or for the fact that they were not committed to the services they offered. What they did have was a large amount of excuses.
So if you are broke and have nowhere to go (as it seemed for most of the people there especially the woman in the room next to me who constantly screamed at her child, "do see the way we live? do you want to make it harder on us?") then this place will provide a roof over your head. Other then that avoid this place. I'm an experienced traveller and have stayed in my share of dumps, and this place fits that catergory well. Also, they kept 80 cents of my deposit. Why? Not sure. Didn't want to bother and call and ask over 80 cents, but if it's something they do to everybody, I'm sure it adds up!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business