“Bites, chiggers and roaches.”

WoodSpring Suites Fayetteville West
Ranked #31 of 51 Hotels in Fayetteville
“Bites, chiggers and roaches.”
Reviewed July 5, 2012

The title says it all...the folks working CJ and Tiffany made the best if the situation by moving me and offering to move me again but if the bugs are there they are everywhere. Must say beware if there policy that says you will not get a refund no matter what as there policy is to change your room if there is a problem. BUT if you have roaches crawling all over your room and you call at night and the hotel is full there is nothing you can do because the might person who you have to call can not do anything AT ALL because they have no authority. I have to say I am always skeptical of reviews and this is my first one. But I had to make this clear....if you have no choice and your children's health let soon yours is not important this one location has told me enough to tell everyone do not stay here unless those things are not important to you. I will sleep in my car in the parking .lot and wash up in the bathroom of a fast food place before I stay here if I can not afford a slightly more expensive accommodation. Listen to me DO NOT STAY HERE....SERIOUSLY!

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank mobtr79s
Heather L, Value Place Property Management at WoodSpring Suites Fayetteville West, responded to this review, August 31, 2012
Value Place prides itself on being clean and safe. We take these comments very seriously. We are constantly striving to improve our guests' experience. We apologize that your stay did not live up to our standards.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Fayetteville, North Carolina
Reviewed March 14, 2012

Don't stay at the value place because they have roaches I dune seen aleast 20 roaches. They is not clean at all. They don't do good housekeeping. They is not clean at all. That's all I got to say. Take my word of advice..Be safe if u do choose to stay overnight there. It's not safe for your kids..

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank 623wanda
Heather L, Property Management Company at WoodSpring Suites Fayetteville West, responded to this review, March 19, 2012
Fayetteville, North Carolina
Reviewed January 19, 2012

This place is great. The workers are very friendly. It is very cleaned. The prices are very good when you pay by month. I am currently staying there now and I feel safe and secure here. I don't notice any drug behaviors or any of that type of bad atmosphere. It is really comfortable and quiet and relaxing.

Room Tip: This is a great place to stay. It is very comfortable and quiet, It is a very nice atmosphere.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Heather L, Manager at WoodSpring Suites Fayetteville West, responded to this review, July 20, 2012
We appreciate you lodging with us and happy to hear you had a pleasant experience. Value Place prides itself on being clean and safe. No matter what brings you to Value Place, you can count on a respectful, helpful and friendly team dedicated to keeping the Value Place promise to our guests. We wish you well in your future travels and if you're ever in need of an extended stay we hope you'll choose Value Place!
Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed March 10, 2011

Where to start.... I and my business partner had a limited budget and was looking for a place to get a deal when we came upon the value place (199.99 a week, which was later bumped up during our stay to 209.99...) We arrived on a sunday when they do not have front desk hours but someone was made available to us. She was a very pleasant woman and check in went smoothly. There is a 100$ deposit on the room which is kind of odd instead of asking for a credit card, but ,from some of the clientel they serve, it seemed reasonable. There was a 10$ charge for what they advertised as "highspeed" internet. When we asked about it she said she wasn't sure if the internet was working so she waived the fee. The she handed us ethernet cables. Needless to say the internet was not highspeed at all! And that is when it was working. She said they were getting new internet that week (ha). 3 weeks into my stay they decided they should charge us for their slow as a turtle internet. I chose just to go to the Starbucks a block away and use their FREE WIRELESS.
We were told at check in that cleaning service would be provided every two weeks (gross). During my second week I began to inquire about the service and was told the cleaning lady was sick. Not my problem, but apparently it was. I ended up having to borrow their vaccuum and broom so I could clean the room MYSELF. In my fourth week when the cleaning lady did show, I was in my room and asked her to comeback later as I was going to leave soon. She must have taken this as me saying I didn't need my room cleaned, for when I returned the room was not cleaned. I saw her in the room next to mine and told her I would step out so she could clean my room. This apparently enraged her because she began cursing god and such and giving me alot of attitude about it. When I returned my bed had been made and my towels taken and not replaced. She had not touched the floors or anything else. I spilt a little water on the floor and when I wiped it up the paper towel was BLACK. Which leads me to believe they never mop their floors. They also do not replace trashbags or TP. Also I developed some type of sinus infection while there that lingered the whole duration of my stay. When I left the place it magically went away which leads me to believe they have some type of mold issue. So if you have any type of respiratory problems BEWARE!!
While it was nice having the little kitchen they offer, it had it's drawbacks as well. The entire room would smell like food for days because of the lack of ventilation in the room. Plus since there is only a rack hanging in the room for your clothes they would also smell. The window had a stopper in it that only allowed it to open a couple of inches, so you could not get fresh air inside.
THE BED WAS HORRID!! I've slept on more comfortable floors. They dont even use box springs. Just a sheet of particle board that would scratch my calves evertime i sat on the bed. What they called a mattress was a joke. More like springs with a very thin plastic covering. If you moved around too much in your sleep the mattress would slide off the board. Pretty pathetic and very painful.
Now I will say what was good about it. It was close to a few restaurants. Fast food mostly. There was a nice bakery close if you like 4$ cupcakes (I suggest the bread pudding). It was in a pretty good location for my needs as well. That's about all I have good to say about the place. The management was very unhelpful and didn't seem to really care about the customers. They never apologized for the rude cleaning woman or for the fact that they were not committed to the services they offered. What they did have was a large amount of excuses.
So if you are broke and have nowhere to go (as it seemed for most of the people there especially the woman in the room next to me who constantly screamed at her child, "do see the way we live? do you want to make it harder on us?") then this place will provide a roof over your head. Other then that avoid this place. I'm an experienced traveller and have stayed in my share of dumps, and this place fits that catergory well. Also, they kept 80 cents of my deposit. Why? Not sure. Didn't want to bother and call and ask over 80 cents, but if it's something they do to everybody, I'm sure it adds up!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
4 Thank duztb
New York City, New York
Reviewed May 29, 2010

My stay at value place was a nightmare. Had a severe reaction to the bites from the bed bugs that cost me $300 in doctor bills. Management denied any bugs of course. Do not stay here unless you want to take the risk of being exposed to their disgusting little secret.

Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
3 Thank Sunshine8459
nc
Reviewed January 3, 2010

Bed bugs everywhere, and when I finally got a room change, I discovered that both my keys worked for the same door. Both my keys worked for every door. And everyone else's keys worked on mine. When I told my co-workers, they all went to complain to get the door reset. I was told by the manager that "I really don't need to let everyone know about this, because people will realize it and try to get in other peoples rooms." It took her 1 minute to fix my door. I asked why didn't she just fix everyones? no reply. When my key was demagnitized (before I knew I could just use anyones) I went down to the front desk, had to talk to a man that I couldn't see he was protected behind a metal door), and had to scream my room number in a small lobby full of misfits. It was wonderful knowing that EVERYONE knew my room number now. By far, though, the bed bug problem is outta hand..they just moved people from one room to another. I probably got moved into a room that they just moved someone else out of for the bugs. Never again.

• Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
4 Thank wearytraveler00
New England
Reviewed September 25, 2008

We could not stay the night. Bugs started appearing on the walls about 7 PM and got progressively worse - also on bedspread and pillow! By 9 PM we packed our bags and left. Went back to the office the next morning (the office hours are 9AM to 6PM) and was given a full refund. Hopefully they will fumigate!

Stayed September 2008