“Happy Again at a Hilton”

Hilton Garden Inn Fayetteville/Fort Bragg
Ranked #2 of 53 Hotels in Fayetteville
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed July 7, 2012

My family and I stayed here on June 22, 2012. We were traveling from Ohio to North Carolina, and we were looking for a nice place to stop for the night. We were pleasantly surprised! The hotel was clean, and the staff was warm and receptive. We heard no noise, and we slept well through the night.

The hotel is by no means posh, but it is much better than other offerings in the journey to Carolina's beaches.

There is also a Walmart nearby (within a three minute drive), so travelers who need to pick up any last minute beach essentials will be glad for the convenience.

TIP: If you reserve online, for $9 extra you can order the full breakfast for two adults + children. The breakfast is normally around $10 per person, so this is a nice savings. The chefs on duty prepared Mickey Mouse pancakes for our two kids; my husband and I had made-to-order omelets that were excellent.

TIP #2: The hotel has five smoking rooms on the top floor. To avoid being placed in a room that has a smoke smell, request to be on a lower floor on the other end of the hotel. We are highly sensitive to smoke odors, and there were none in our room or hallway.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank ColleenCanfield
nsmehta1, Internet Marketing Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Fayetteville/Fort Bragg, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2012

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay. Our location is close to many restaurants, stores, and the I-95 corridor. We are constantly striving to improve our amenities and services. We look forward to having you back with us soon.

Reviewed July 5, 2012

We stayed there for three nights July 2-5. The rooms were clean and the staff was very friendly. There were some minor issues with no glasses being left by housekeeping one night in the bathroom and being given an ADA room when the hotel was not full. Overall I would stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for providing us with this information so that we can review what occurred while you were here. We use these reviews to communicate with our team so that these types of issues do not occur again. We can assure we will provide great service and value when you visit us again.

Reviewed June 28, 2012

We stayed here 6/13 thru 6/15 2012. I loved all of the amedities including the elevator music!! Very convenient having a restaurant and bar on site. Room was wonderful and the entire Hotel was very clean. Staff was friendly and helpful. The only issure I had was that I gave my debit card to reserve our room. They charged me for one night before we even checked in. I was going to use another method of payment but since they already took one night I decided to just use my debit card as they could not credit that one charge. I noticed the 2nd day we stayed here, they charged me a different amount. I was confused on why they just didn't charge me for the three nights when I checked in. When we checked out I had to give them my card again. I didn't want to be charged twice for the amount they had already taken. I spoke with the manager to clear up what I am actually being charged for. He was polite apologized for the confusion and explained that I am only going to be charged once for three nights.. He took off $50 off of my bill for my inconvience. I thought that was really nice becuase I was not expecting to get a discount. I can tell that they take pride in making sure the customer was happy. So if you visit this hotel and DO NOTuse your debit card use a credit card instead. Save yourself some confusion. It took three days after we checked out for this to all get cleared up on my debit card.

Room Tip: Rooms on the north side were quiet and were not facing the busy street.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for the candid review of your stay. We value all guest feedback and sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. We go out of our way to make sure the customer is happy. We have reviewed this issue with our team and can assure you that those using a debit card will not experience this issue again. Please come back and see us again.

Reviewed June 9, 2012

I am a frequent traveler and Hilton Diamond member. This a nice Hilton Garden Inn but lacks some more focused considerations that the frequent traveler desires.

The Good:
1. Friendliness of staff, particularly at the front desk and those at breakfast.
2. Clean and well maintained.
3. Hot breakfast.
4. Internet

The Bad:
1. Poorly equipped gym. No free weights.
2. Very poor bar food quality. Bad burgers, no steak, Italian ordered in.
3. Beer is $4.95 for a bottle of bud/lite from the bar.
4. TV's in room have no HDMI or working DVI ports.

Some of you might read this and think ah, whats he complaining about. Well, when I travel on business I like to eat in the hotel, workout, practice a presentation and maybe, just maybe, watch a movie off my computer. If you like to do any of those things this hotel is not for you.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Michael C
Anand D, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Fayetteville/Fort Bragg, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2014

Dear Guest,

I have made several attempts to get in touch with all guests including you that have left a review for our hotel and team members on tripadvisor in the past and have not heard back from.

My name is Anand Dutta and I am the General Manager of the hotel since July 15, 2013 It has always been the goal of my team and I that all our guest receive excellent service and leave 100% satisfied. Your stay here was prior to my time and most of the current team members and the average review you have left for our hotel is not reflective of its current standing or spirit. It does defer our ranking which we take great pride in but unfortunately there is not much we can do as we remain dented responsible for actions of others

A lot has been updated since you last stay here and we also several sister properties which based on your price budget can accomodate the request / ameneties that you seek and my team and I would be glad to point you in the right direction or accomodate your requests even if we have to go out of our way or think outside the box

I am confident that given a chance to speak with you in person or over the phone you will see that I can turn this average 3 star experience around to a 5 star experience, I kindly request you to give me this opportunity to see what I may be able to do for you and in turn help me and my associates earn a positive reputation for this property and motivate us to do a better job and enjoy coming to work on a daily basis.

Looking forward to hear from you at your convenience, please feel free to call me directly at 910-568-7927 or 910-860-3600

Anand Dutta
Hilton Garden Inn - Fayetteville / Fort Bragg, NC.
anand.dutta@hilton.com
910-860-3600

Reviewed April 13, 2012

My husband, 11year old son, and I stayed here over Easter weekend, checking in April 6 and checking out -April 8. We stayed on the second floor and even though the hotel was full but we never heard noise above or below us. The room itself was pretty standard, two Queen beds with white bedding, a great television with a fantastic picture, a small kitchenette area with mini-fridge and microwave, bathroom with granite that was a little small but it was overall quite lovely. Internet was easy to access, I used both my laptop and my iPad without difficulty. There were also a nice number of television channels. The staff are very courteous and nice, and helped make a nice stay excellent. The breakfast was good, the sundry shop with beverages and snacks was well stocked. The pool was ice cold and could have used some heating. The exercise facilities were very nice. I have stayed at several Fayetteville hotels, and it as been hit or miss fairly often, but this is our second stay here, and we are certainly going to stay again :)

Stayed: April 2012

We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is our goal to make every guest feel welcome and have a great time while they are staying with us. We look forward to welcoming you back soon and I will be sure to share your comments with our team.

Reviewed March 27, 2012

Stayed here for business. The hotel is clean and the staff is very attentive.

The king size bed is comfortable, the big screen TV is one of the best I have seen in a hotel and the desk chair is comfortable and adjustable. My only suggestion would be to upgrade the in room coffee/coffeepot.

Be aware there is a charge of $10.95 for breakfast, i dont mind this too much since the eggs are made to order.

All and all I will stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask if you get free water or breakfast with your reservation.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank rambling_man_fla

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback. We love to hear our guests say that they enjoyed their stay with us. Thank you again, for sharing your experience with us and allowing us the opportunity to serve you better.

Reviewed March 7, 2012

My wife and I recently stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn for a few days when in Fayetteville to visit two of my sons that had just returned from a deployment in Afghanistan. I travel often for my job and found this hotel to be "top notch". The room, lobby and dining area were very clean, well appointed, warm and inviting. Although the weather was a bit cool during our visit, we really enjoyed the outdoor patio area conveniently located just off the bar. The breakfast was better than I've had in higher priced hotels and included a huge selection. The staff was very pleasant and always greeted us with a smile. The next time we're in the area, we'll definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank DuaneV68

Thank you for telling everyone on Trip Advisor about your outstanding visit. We love it when our guests decide to come back because of the service they experienced during their visit. We look forward to having you back with us soon.