“Very Nice” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of 316 Oyster Bar & Seafood Grill

316 Oyster Bar & Seafood Grill
Ranked #12 of 516 Restaurants in Fayetteville
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Columbus, Ohio
“Very Nice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2014

Excellent Seafood Restaurant. Good Prices great value. I had the fresh catch of the day which was Atlantic Grouper and it was delicious.

“Yummy!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2014

I liked the food. It was so good. I went for dinner every night I was in town. July 24th spicy steamed shrimp hushpuppies steamed oysters July 25th clam chowder blackened salmon more hushpuppies. Everything was amazing (even the dinner mints were amazing (picture a soft dinner mint covered in chocolate).

Visited July 2014
Fayetteville, North Carolina
“A Must if you're in the Fayetteville area”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2014

I took my sister to 316 Oyster bar several years ago and since then we have to go everytime she comes to visit from Ohio. She wasn't too keen on Oysters until I took her to 316. Now we always get the appetizer of steamed oysters. So good if you eat them on a cracker with a drop of hot sauce. The hush puppies are good. The restaurant doesn't open until the evening. If you plan on going, especially on payday, plan on going early. They get really busy. Their apple martinis are good. The oysters are fresh. The crab legs are always good too! The staff is very friendly. The fried seafood platter is pretty good but I usually get crabs and oysters!

Visited July 2014
Fayetteville, North Carolina
“We are done...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2014

Wife and I wanted seafood and thought we would give 316 one more try. After all, they USED TO BE the best seafood around. We arrived just after opening on Friday and were quickly seated. We immediately noticed that the music was worse than the last time, just awful. It is definitely not the atmosphere for a relaxing, enjoyable dinner. The waitress gave us our menus and I immediately noticed they had changed. I enjoy combination seafood platters, but the combinations had changed to the point that the restaurant makes your choices for you. You could choose two items for $19.95 or three items for $24.95. What had changed was that your choices at those prices were limited to Tilapia, Catfish, Shrimp, Calamari or Clam Strips. That's seafood? If you wanted Oysters, add $2.00. If you wanted Fantail Shrimp, add $1.00; Flounder add $2.00 and the ever increasing Scallops, just add $3.00 to the above prices. Keep in mind you are still limited to just two or three items. There is nothing additional.
I ordered a beer and the wife had tea and a Mudslide while we pondered the menu. She decided on the "Special" Sea Bass Rockefeller---Sea Bass stuffed with Spinach and I bit the bullet and ordered a combo of Shrimp and Oysters. I would liked to have had Scallops, but that would have driven the price to $27.95 and past experiences had shown you only get three Scallops, so an $8.00 increase for one item I couldn't justify. Forget any Deviled Crab as they are not offered anymore.
We asked our waitress about the music and she commented on how awful it was and the staff hated it. We also asked about the menu changes and were told they were done last week so that prices could remain the same and that no one was very happy about it, including the staff. The food arrived and it was average to poor. My salad was sitting in water and the Shrimp and Oysters were slightly greasy, which I blotted off with a napkin. The wife's Bass looked appetizing and she said it was OK. The final blow came when we got the bill---$64.95, not including the tip. My wife's "Special" was nearly $30.00! The bass was the size of a 3X5 card. I am no cheapskate and don't mind paying for good service and good food, in fact, I expect to pay for it and gladly do---when I get it.
This evening was extremely disappointing, from the blaring 1980's rock concert during the meal to the overpriced, greasy, simply poor to average food. The menu changes are terrible, the prices went up in spite of the changes, and the portions continue to get smaller. Our bill of $64.95 including a 20% tip was $77.94. I have paid that much for an all-you-can-eat seafood buffet at the beach and you get to choose what you eat! The waitress even said as we left, "Thanks and I hope we didn't run you off". My wife and I looked at each other and said at the same time, "We are done". It truly is a shame to see this. Once the premier seafood and oyster bar in Fayetteville, 316 has steadily gone downhill in atmosphere, value, and quality. Lower quality, lower quantity, smaller portions, fewer selections and higher prices aren't worth our hard earned money and certainly don't justify a return visit. The waitress saw it in our faces. We won't be back---we are done with 316.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Infidel2013
Raeford, North Carolina, United States
“Awesome!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2014

This is the best seafood restaurant in town. Please do yourself a favor and indulge in the best snow crab legs and gator tail your palette can handle. Great food, great service, reasonably priced.

• 5 of 5 bubbles