“Amazing!”
Review of Sherefe

Sherefe
Ranked #5 of 527 Restaurants in Fayetteville
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Sherefe (pronounced "shedefay") means "Cheers!" In Turkish. Owning a restaurant was a dream for owner/chef, Mustafa Somar, for many years. In 2003, the dream became a reality, when he opened Sherefe Mediterranean Grill on Ramsey Street. After 10 years, we relocated to a much larger and more beautiful location in historic downtown Fayetteville, North Carolina where we now boast a two story building, four dining rooms, and a full bar! Along with the location, the vision has also evolved...Mediterranean Grill was all about authenticity and while we remain authentic, our focus has become fresh, healthy, local and sustainable. While we don't cater to any particular dietary plan, the Mediterranean diet is a natural fit for gluten-free, vegetarian, vegan and even paleo as demonstrated at our cooking classes.
Fort Bragg, North Carolina
“Amazing!”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I had never been to this restaurant and was excited to go with some friends for a casual evening out. The atmosphere was very cozy. Beautiful chandeliers and small tables, just a nice set up. We were seated in the private room due to our larger party. The waiter was fabulous and very patient with all of us who couldn't decide over the fantastic choices.

I ordered an asparagus appetizer that had a creamy drizzle and feta cheese, and could have just eaten ten orders of that and been done with my meal. SO.GOOD. The asparagus was roasted to perfection and the creamy drizzle was perfect. In my book, anything with feta is a winner.

My entree was the Greek Salad, and it too was really delish. Very fresh.

All in all, this was a great first time at a downtown restaurant that I will surely go back to!

• Visited December 2012

Fayetteville, North Carolina
“Disappointing”
Reviewed December 7, 2012

We finally went to the new location tonight...unfortunately only to be very disappointed. Neither the food nor the service lived up to the hype. Our soup was cold. The quinoa tabouli was gritty, which means the quinoa was not rinsed properly, but when mentioned to the waitress she just said that that's how quinoa tastes ( I know better!) So I did not eat it, although we paid extra for it. We had to go and find our waitress twice for service....one time she was sitting on a sofa in the back room on the phone.
All in all....the food was not worth the price and the service was certainly not up to par. We will not go back.

• Visited December 2012
Hope Mills, North Carolina
“Love the downtown move”
Reviewed November 24, 2012

They are located in the old Duff's Tea Room which is within walking distance from the courthouse. I am a very happy lady now at lunch. Parking is a challenge for the courthouse so having a great place with really food food close by is a treat.

Their lunch menu is perfect. Great dishes at a decent price. I had a hard time picking just one entree. The service was great too. I hope they stay downtown for a long time.!

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Vie C
North Carolina
“Best place to eat in Fayetteville”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

The new location in downtown Fayetteville is gorgeous, there is a nice bar downstairs with intimate tables in the dining area and upstairs there are larger tables. The owner is most always at the restaurant and will walk around ask if you are enjoying your meal. But the real delight at this restaurant is the food. With daily menu changes and specials you are sure to be happy each time you dine here. I have never ordered anything that I didn't like but let me mention the ceviche appetizer, it's incredible. It is, hands down, the best place to eat in Fayetteville with a unique atmosphere and menu.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank HJMNorthCarolina
Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
“BEST Food in Fayetteville”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Consistently the best food in Fayetteville. My family gets tired of hearing me say that's where I want to go when we go out to eat. I'm sad that we have left the area and won't be able to go here any more.

• Visited August 2012