Tripadvisor
Fayetteville

“Cold Food & Poor Service...!”

Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen
Order Online
Ranked #448 of 643 Restaurants in Fayetteville
Reviewed January 21, 2020

We stopped into this Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen for lunch and from the experience we had we will never eat at this place again. The person who took our order was not that friendly and had some type of an attitude problem. We looked at the menu and they had all types of Chicken. We both ordered the 3 piece Chicken Tenders Combo that came a side. We ordered 2 soft drinks as well.

When the person behind the counter rang me up and I was shocked to how high the prices were for Chicken. We went and got our soft drinks then sat down at one of the tables they had. When we sat down and we were waiting for our order to come out, there was a very bad and offensive odor coming from somewhere. It was bad and I mean bad. The person behind the counter called my name and I went up and picked up the tray and I asked him, "Sir, do you know what that terrible smell is in here?". He replied, "I don't smell anything and have a good day."

I came back to the table and everything looked good until we started to eat. My Wife said to me, "Did you ask what that terrible smell is in here?". I replied, "Yes, and the man up there said he didn't smell anything". Everything was cold. The Mashed Potatoes were not fresh and the brown gravy that came with it was like mud. The Chicken was not that good.

Since everything was cold and really lousy, most of it went in the trash. We were very disappointed in this place.

On the way out I had to use the Men's room and when I opened the Men's room door the odor and the stench was really bad. The urinal was in use by another customer so I had to go into the stall. When I opened the stall door I looked down and I jumped back because someone had defecated really bad and didn't flush the toilet. I was going to attempt to flush it, but I decided not too because the defecation was so massive the toilet probably would have backed up and overflowed and ran all over the Men's room floor and perhaps out into the dining area. I took a quick photo of it and later on I contacted Popeye's corporate offices and filed a complaint about it.

WE DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS POPEYES LOUISANA KITCHEN DUE TO THE COLD FOOD, POOR SERVICE AND A DISGUSTING MEN'S ROOM...!

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (10)

Reviewed November 26, 2019 via mobile

I came to this restaurant during lunchtime. The drive thru wasn’t extremely busy, so I was able to receive my order relatively quick. I ordered a Spicy chicken sandwich combo; neither the sandwich or fries were fresh and were only lukewarm from sitting underneath heating lamps. The sandwich was tough and dry, so I don’t see myself going to this particular Popeye’s restaurant anytime in the foreseeable future. If you want food from Popeye’s, I recommend going to another location.

Date of visit: November 2019
Reviewed January 15, 2019

I ordered a 12 pc. chicken meal. It was to have four biscuits, two sides. We added another side and spent 33.00 dollars. We arrived home to find that the spicy chicken was burnt and looked dried out and on top of that they included in the count, 6 wings to make the 12 pc.We traveled back to the store and returned the mess in front of customers and the shift manager. I told them of the issue and that I wanted my money back. We went to Church's fired chicken and they had a deal of 10 pcs. of thighs and legs, three sides and six biscuits. The nice guy at the drive thru told us to have a blessed day! I know where we will go from now on. This is an example of how a company can lose customers forever and their friends won't go there either.

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed July 30, 2017

The chicken is good but the service is sub-par. Check your order if you go thru the drive-thru. I recommend you drive on down to KFC.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed December 11, 2016

Driving through for the night and needed a hot meal for the hotel. Went to the drive through and everything went well with no problems encountered. The attendant was very nice and kind. My chicken dinner was excellent and hit the spot, satisfaction. There are plenty of hotels, fast food restaurants and other eateries along the main highway. i.e. Krispy Kreme

Enjoy!!