“Quality. Freshness. Original. GOOD”
Review of Sakura

Sakura
Ranked #72 of 523 Restaurants in Fayetteville
Guam, Mariana Islands
“Quality. Freshness. Original. GOOD”
Reviewed June 30, 2012

Sakura is definitely a gem you love to appreciate when you are gone. There is nothing but good things I can say about the food, atmosphere and staff that are there. They make you feel so comfortable as if you are home...sit where you like.
SPICY CRAB ROLL!! I just cannot get enough of this goodness :-)
Shrimp Tempura Roll, Salmon Roll, Miso Soup, Udon Soup (so yummy with the the tempura in it) and the chicken katsu. All of these things brings a smile to my face when I think about the explosive flavors that I savor in my mouth. Good food, great people and can get extremely packed.
The restaurant isn't huge and not really to accommodate a big party of people.
I will always return when I stop into town to see my parents, this should be in a big city somewhere, small and intimate yet fun!!

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank LaTashaMarie

Freehold, NJ
“A sushi suprise in a great little restaurant !”
Reviewed December 17, 2011

During a recent visit to Fayetteville, the thought of finding good sushi in a North Carolina city was not even a passing thought. Our host, a newer resident of the city, declared this was one of the best sushi restaurant possibly in the entire state. Curiosity and location ( 5 minutes from the hosts' home) made the decision to try it was easy. Located in a small shopping plaza parking was free and not an issue. Once inside, our party of 7 was seated quickly. Very quickly our beverage order was taken, the menu was explained to us and the owner had stopped at the table to greet us. Off to a great start! The menu allows each diner to read the item and a brief description. If it is a desired item, the number of orders is placed in the box following the description. This is a great idea for casual style dining where language or regional speech accents could be a barrier in ordering successfully. In just a very few minutes the food started to flow out of the kitchen and the Sake was served. Crazy Shrimp Roll (10 pc./$8.95) , Alaskan Roll ( 8 pc./$4.75) and Edamame Soy Beans ( large bowl/$4.50) were terrific starts to share. Additionally, a Bento Ccmbination dinner, (Steak terriyaki/$16.95) two House special dinners ( Shrimp, steak and chicken/$13.95) and more sushi (California roll, 8pc/$4.50 and Spicy Crab roll, 8 pc./$8.95) followed very quickly. Granted this was "Black Friday" at 7 p.m. and the restaurant was busy, but the best way to describe the service would be attentive, efficent and seemingly "mind readers" for all of our needs. All diners had very good comments regarding the freshness of the sushi. The dinners were served with ample amounts of food and good quality meats were evident. Thw owner stopped again during dinner to check on us and also wished us a nice evening on the way out. A very nice touch after a nice meal.
I would not hesitate to return or to recommend Sakura to someone visiting in the area.

• Visited November 2011
1 Thank Jerseybob175
Cameron, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Sakura is going down hill”
Reviewed September 15, 2011

My Husband and I visited this establishment today (Sept 15th, 2011). We used to come here all of the time and really enjoyed their sushi menu. Their fish was fresh and their food was delicious. However, that was NOT today's experience. We went there for lunch and there was one other person eating there. They quickly sat us down and took our drink orders. Then we received our drinks and ordered our food. I had the salad with ginger dressing, soup, and spicy tuna roll. The salad was not good. The salad itself was old and the ginger didn't taste fresh. So, I had a few bites and put it to the side. The soup was good, so no complaints there. When we received our sushi we noticed that spic tuna rolls barely had any tuna in it. It was mostly that crackly orange stuff they add in for texture which I usually like when I eat it with the tuna. I would say 95% of the tuna roll was the orange crackle stuff and the 5% was bits of tuna. It wasn't a small lice of tuna. It was bits of tuna mixed into the crackle. Unsatisfactory. I should also mention my Husband ordered a spicy tuna roll and the rainbow roll. His spicy tuna roll came out the same as mine AND he found a shrimp tail inside one of the pieces of the rainbow roll. There isn't any shrimp in the rainbow roll. So how did a tail get in there?

Unfortunately, the establishment is trying to cut costs. It's obvious in the food they prepare. I do not recommend this place. There are better places near the Cross Creek area that have a better quality sushi. I hope Sakura gets their act together because I can see this restaurant failing.

• Visited September 2011
“Awesome sushi”
Reviewed June 15, 2011

I think its the best place to eat sushi in fayettevile

Fayetteville, North Carolina
“Excellent!!!!”
Reviewed August 3, 2010

My favorite item is the crazy shrimp roll with cream cheese and avocado added w/ miso soup on the side. By far this the best sushi in Fayetteville and the prices are more than reasonable. Service is pretty good, and the food is great. Sometimes I find myself calling in an order several times a week!