“Great Service, Large Portions, Great Value”
Review of Casual Jack's Grill - CLOSED

Casual Jack's Grill
Cuisines: American
Reviewed April 29, 2013

My wife and I went to Casual Jack's yesterday after attending a matinee. We were pleasantly surprised by the service we received, and the large portions they serve. The decor is just like most sports bars but it was very cozy and there are TV's everywhere for those who like to check out the scores. I was a little surprised to see two of their TV's on a news channel on a Sunday with many sporting events being held!

My wife ordered a fried Shrimp and Flounder plate and I ordered the Shrimp and Chicken Savannah. Both were very good, my dish came with a creamy risotto that was cooked perfectly. My wife's seafood was cooked perfectly as welll. They also brought out some piping hot bread that was lightly salted.

Casual Jack's has drink specials every night of the week, on Sunday's it's Bloody Marys, Mimosa's and Screwdrivers. I ordered a Bloddy Mary which was very good too. The only complaint we had yesterday was the floor in the entire restaurant was slippery. We heard several customers mention this. One of the hostesses told us they were aware and was going to fix the problem.

Casual Jack's serves good food, with large portions at a great price. Our bill including drinks was $34.00. Usually when we go out our bill doubles that! Casual Jack's is a place to go and enjoy a meal after shopping, watching a movie, or to enjoy a game. I would not recommend it for a romantic evening because of the noise. We will definately go back.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

Loved the outdoor patio and service. Food was awesome.. Only bad part of the visit was the cost of the drinks. Ordered a screwdriver and paid 6.50 for it... Wasn't even Grey Goose. I would visit again in heart beat but wouldn't order any mix drinks at that price. They had trouble with knowing which table was which on the patio but it was okay. I was with good company and enjoyed myself. Fix the pricing on your drinks and I will be back alot more.
cathie

Reviewed April 25, 2013

Inviting atmosphere, very comfy;-)
We will definitely go again and again.
I prefer over Kickback Jacks any day!

Reviewed April 25, 2013

We are visitors here in NC and chose Casual Jack's Grill to dine for dinner. On our way in, a nice couple who were on their way out told us the food was very good and suggested the steak and ribs. We were greeted with smiles from the staff and seated immediately as we entered. The atmosphere was casual (as its name) and not too quiet or too loud. There were flat screens mounted everywhere on the walls...just an overall comfortable atmosphere.

When we received our meals, we were shocked how huge the portions were. We had to get to-go boxes for about three-quarters of our meals. I think we filled up on the complimentary hot buttered bread sticks prior to our meals. We ordered the steak & ribs ($16.99) which was so flavorful (no steak sauce required!) and we could taste the smoked ribs before actually eating them! They were so tender and flavorful as well. We also had the flounder & shrimp ($12.99) which was delicious as well. The shrimp was big, flounder was plentiful and cooked perfectly. The mango tea ($2.25) was really good also! Prices were not bad at all. Total tab: $34.81

Our server, Alexis, was attentive and so awesome!!! We absolutely have no complaints about our dining experience and would recommend this restaurant. ENJOY!!!

Reviewed April 22, 2013

I have mixed thoughts about the new spin off of Kickback Jacks. It was a fifty fifty split on our two person dinner here. Atmosphere clean and nice. Staff was friendly. In no way is this a quiet dinner retreat as it was portrayed. Yes they have TVs on silent but the music blares so loud and the crowd in the resteraunt is so loud its hard to have an across the booth conversation. Now about the food. We got the homemade chips for an appetizer. Gross. They were greasy and cold, like they were once fried then stuck back in the grease to warm up. Main course #1 was the Chicken Cordon Blu ($9.95). BAD. The chicken arrived cold. I could not even finish the second small slice of it. Sides broccoli and risoto were good, warmer than the chicken. Main course #2 was the 7oz sirloin. AWESOME. Probably the best I've tasted in this town for its price of $10.49. Cooked perfect. If I did come back here that's probably the only thing I would get. Service was good even though we had to have the bill adjusted as they charged us for four sodas/tea when we were just two and then the waitress walked off with our bill and said goodnight without offering our change ($10). My final comment, okay place, but I think Kickback Jacks is better quality and taste for the money.

1  Thank sande0511