“Delightful Hour or Two With Young Children”

Fascinate-U Children's Museum
Ranked #19 of 54 things to do in Fayetteville
More attraction details
Owner description: Hands-on exhibits and interactive play for children.
Reviewed July 25, 2014

We've been in other museum's with this theme, although most don't call themselves museums, and find this to be the best we've visited. It is designed as a town for children -- they can grocery shop, fight fires, join the Army, work in a hospital, etc. Displays are clean and in working order and children may self select where they play and for how long. And it's not so big that parents can lose the sprinters. We had a 6 year old and a 3 year old in tow - both had already been to the museum several times but found plenty to play with for a happy 90 minutes.
Small gift shop has a nice station for teaching children about money and purchasing.

2  Thank MichiganCookies
in 6 reviews
in 3 reviews
in 4 reviews

Reviewed July 25, 2014 via mobile

Wasn't overly large but my kids really enjoyed it. It's nice and open to let them explore and touch everything. The lower level was fairly clean and updated but the train section and the upper levels of the building were either under construction or just junky. Don't get me wrong the train exhibit upstairs was GREAT, my son especially LOVED it, but it would have been better appreciated if it had been displayed in a better environment. I don't know why they charge adults $3 when really we just walk around with the kids. Otherwise it wasn't too expensive for two hours of fun.

Reviewed June 22, 2014

I took my 5 year old son here the other day. He had a blast saying that the fire pole was his favorite thing there. There are lots of good displays there. They have many different occupation set ups there which is cool for the kids to learn more about different jobs. I'm from out of town and they had a lot different type displays at this museum than what I'm used to going to, but in a good way. It was refreshing to see stuff that wasn't at the average children's museum. It's located in gorgeous downtown and there's a lot to look at as your coming or going as well. I gave this four stars instead of five due to it being a pretty small facility and it seems like it could be taken better care of. But overall, this place was a hit with my son!

1  Thank Gerryp84
Reviewed May 26, 2014

If you are used to big children's museums like the Marble's in Raleigh, you must manage your expectations. Fayetteville is not Raleigh and Fascinate-U is not Marbles. I took my toddler to Fascinate-U on a weekday in the afternoon. She could participate in all the exhibits, but most are designed for slightly older and larger kids. I would say the sweet-spot would be for 3-6 years old children. The price was also very reasonable.

There is a nice Toddler room, but it is small and not well marked. You have to search for the signs to it in the back near the bathrooms and party rooms.

The museum itself is set up as a miniature city including a post office, grocery store, doctor's office, private home, theater, and a military base. It is heavy on costumes and toys. The exhibits are creative, but somewhat dated. Also, several pieces of some of the exhibits were not fully functional. I don't know if it is a funding issue or a lack of general maintenance. However, everything was still safe and fun for the average kid. i don't think any kids are going to complain because the firetruck light didn't turn on. There are enough other things to do and have fun with.

I will visit Fascinate-U again, but I would love to see some of the rough edges worked out. Go ahead and visit if you have time and a need for some good fun for your children that doesn't include video games or tv.

2  Thank X61624
See more reviews
Reviewed March 29, 2014

We visited Fascinate-U children's museum today and were none too pleased. This place is old, run down and dirty. No one is keeping things up. Everything was misplaced, there were things scattered everywhere and half of the things didn't even work. It is small and unorganized. We were very disappointed in the lack of security and saw people just walking in with out even going to the desk to pay. The desk was away from the door and the lady behind the desk was busy helping people in the store, she wouldn't have even noticed if someone would just walk in.

5  Thank pannm