“Temper your expectations, but appreciate the effort!”

Fascinate-U Children's Museum
Ranked #20 of 54 things to do in Fayetteville
More attraction details
Owner description: Hands-on exhibits and interactive play for children.
Reviewed May 26, 2014

If you are used to big children's museums like the Marble's in Raleigh, you must manage your expectations. Fayetteville is not Raleigh and Fascinate-U is not Marbles. I took my toddler to Fascinate-U on a weekday in the afternoon. She could participate in all the exhibits, but most are designed for slightly older and larger kids. I would say the sweet-spot would be for 3-6 years old children. The price was also very reasonable.

There is a nice Toddler room, but it is small and not well marked. You have to search for the signs to it in the back near the bathrooms and party rooms.

The museum itself is set up as a miniature city including a post office, grocery store, doctor's office, private home, theater, and a military base. It is heavy on costumes and toys. The exhibits are creative, but somewhat dated. Also, several pieces of some of the exhibits were not fully functional. I don't know if it is a funding issue or a lack of general maintenance. However, everything was still safe and fun for the average kid. i don't think any kids are going to complain because the firetruck light didn't turn on. There are enough other things to do and have fun with.

I will visit Fascinate-U again, but I would love to see some of the rough edges worked out. Go ahead and visit if you have time and a need for some good fun for your children that doesn't include video games or tv.

2  Thank X61624

Reviewed March 29, 2014

We visited Fascinate-U children's museum today and were none too pleased. This place is old, run down and dirty. No one is keeping things up. Everything was misplaced, there were things scattered everywhere and half of the things didn't even work. It is small and unorganized. We were very disappointed in the lack of security and saw people just walking in with out even going to the desk to pay. The desk was away from the door and the lady behind the desk was busy helping people in the store, she wouldn't have even noticed if someone would just walk in.

5  Thank pannm
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Fascinate U Children's Museum is your average small city /big town kid's museum. They had a good variety of topics but some of the materials needed updating/repair. If you are looking for something to do at a reasonable cost without having to go too far this could be it. If you are able to drive a little ways bypass and head to Marbles in Raleigh.

Reviewed December 9, 2013

We visited our grandchildren, ages 6, 8, 10, at Fort Bragg. Our son suggested the Fascinate-U Children's Museum. We parked about a block away. The building is 3 stories, but only the first is available for viewing. Circling the building, we saw a lot of plywood mock-ups of real life experiences: fire station with pole and turnout gear, firetruck, ambulance, police car, grocery store with carts and pretend food, a post office, a court room, farm exhibits. Our 10-year-old grandson seemed a little jaded, but he enjoyed an exhibit about gear wheels. Prices were $4 per child and $3 per adult.