“Disappointing”

Fascinate-U Children's Museum
Ranked #14 of 48 things to do in Fayetteville
More attraction details
Owner description: Hands-on exhibits and interactive play for children.
Silver Spring, Maryland
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Disappointing”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

I visited this museum with a 2, 4, and 5 year old and thought I would spend a couple hours here with them doing some hands on learning and exhibit interaction. As soon as you walk in, you're in the midst of the gift shop which is great with little ones wanted to grab everything in sight. The employee was in the back and when we finally got her attention, she counted us and told us the price. Didn't greet us, or stick around to answer questions.

Our tour started, and lasted 30 minutes, with our kids spending 10 minutes playing on the putting green and fake news desk a piece. Ten more minutes searching for other stuff to do, and then we found ourselves right back in the front of the museum. My daughter asked "is that it?" before we could even take our second lap to make sure we didn't miss and hidden rooms or exhibits. The kids had already lost interest in everything in this place because the exhibits look good enough from afar but the electronics don't function properly and the small grocery store seemed to look like a Walmart for 5 year olds because it's where every kid in there gravitated.

For my own curiosity, I walked a lap around the pathway of the museum at a slow pace behind small children and timed it at taken exactly 26 seconds to leave from the front lobby and return there. This should be a free place, and there should be more effort placed into assuring children would enjoy themselves here.

I will not be returning, nor will I recommend this to any friends or family.

Visited April 2013
2 Thank Cybertank3

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Okay for short visit.”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Stoped by on a road trip. Friendly staff but very outdated. My four year old lasted almost an hour. They have a room for really little ones but it closes at 4pm. Badly needs a facelift. It was an okay quick stop for us but we were underwhelmed.

Visited July 2013
Fayetteville, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“My children love”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

My four year old will not be in downtown and not ask you to take her to this place. My daughter will go through the costumes, play the miniature golf thing, check the mirror and all the good stuff that make this place great and comfortable.

Visited June 2013
Guam, Mariana Islands
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 63 helpful votes
“Not Sure About It.”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

This museum is not what I expected, it seemed a little dull and needed a lift on the activities and centers they had...but nonetheless my child enjoyed it with two friends...

Visited May 2013
South Burlington, Vermont
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Name says it all!”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Hands on city indoors where your child can play doctor dentist weather reporter store clerk judge postmaster teacher many more so fantastic and fascinating adults will play too a definite must stop and visit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Visited June 2013