“Wednesdays are free, but they do take donations”

Fascinate-U Children's Museum
Ranked #14 of 47 things to do in Fayetteville
More attraction details
Owner description: Hands-on exhibits and interactive play for children.
fayetteville
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Wednesdays are free, but they do take donations”
Reviewed November 5, 2011

I have a 4 year old and a 1 year old. We have a great time here. Since it can be pricey to go here all the time unless I buy a membership, we just go Wednesdays after 1pm when it is donation only. I pop a few dollars in the box, and we are on our way to fun. This place is small and a little run down, but the kids under 5 love it. We can sit in a dentist's chair that is real and actually moves. There is a mini grocery store complete with food, cart, and cash register. It is amazing how many different activities are packed into the building. I have to tear my 4 year old away from the grocery store and post office.

Visited November 2011
1 Thank donna m

Hope Mills, North Carolina
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Great for a first time trip”
Reviewed September 13, 2011

Very great place for kids! But after the first trip my 6 year old had lost interest. Would be better if it changed. But on our second trip months later it was still the same.

Fayetteville, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Fantastic for small children!”
Reviewed April 6, 2011

My 3 year old son is in love with this museum! He loves that he can grocery shop, be a fireman, a dentist and a carpenter all in one location. The special activities they offer for children are age appropriate and exciting for them. If you're looking for a laid back cozy atmosphere for your children to let loose and enjoy themselves, try Fascinate U! Plus, the staff is fantastic!

Visited February 2011
2 Thank lovemy2boyz
Norfolk, VA
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 148 helpful votes
“Imperfect Fun for the Three Year Old”
Reviewed October 3, 2010

I was travelling with a three year old through this area, and hoped that this museum would both be of interest to him, as well as tire him out so he would nap through the long drive home. I got what I wanted on both counts. He happily bounced around the different areas, getting his hands on everything that was available. He found enough to keep his interest for almost an hour and a half. And he was asleep before we got back to the interstate.

This museum is far from glitzy. In fact, it’s just the opposite, proving that the younger kids don’t need the latest and greatest of everything to have a good time. The main problem was that maintenance was a little behind. There were about a dozen lights that were out or missing, and just as many buttons that didn’t seem connected to anything that worked.

If you have the attitude of ignoring the flaws and taking advantage of what is there, your toddlers will have a good time at this museum.

2 Thank MikeBHR
Washington DC, District of Columbia
73 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 116 helpful votes
“The Kids Loved It”
Reviewed May 12, 2010

On a trip south, I took the kids to the much more reputable Richmond’s Children Museum in Virginia before stopping off at Fascinate-U in Fayetteville. I think they actually liked this little Fayetteville museum better. Yes, it was smaller, and yes, it had a more run-down appearance overall. But it wasn’t at all crowded, so there wasn’t a lot of waiting for turns. And it was in many ways more realistic than the Richmond Children’s Museum. Some of the stuff IS real (like the hospital gurney and crutches), and the rest is modeled after what is real. (Though I had to laugh at the old-fashioned payphone in which someone had simply set down a modern plastic push-button desk phone.) The museum as a whole is modeled after a town, with everything you might expect in a town: hospital, dentist office, school house, theater, bank, grocery store, construction site, courthouse, firestation, etc. so the kids can really get into the make believe play. I think this is great for children under 9 and they can spend a good two hours there, maybe three. And it’s cheap, if you can manage to escape the gift shop without buying anything.

1 Thank Motherontheroad