“Beware of this hotel which is not "pet friendly"”

Red Roof Inn & Suites Fayetteville - Fort Bragg
Ranked #24 of 51 Hotels in Fayetteville
Old Bridge, New Jersey
“Beware of this hotel which is not "pet friendly"”
Reviewed December 9, 2013

My husband and I made a phone reservation with this hotel several weeks before going back up north. When making the reservation, I mentioned that we have a little kitty and I wanted to make sure the hotel was pet friendly. She said they are and never mentioned there was a problem with kitties. When I called to confirm the reservation the day before arriving there, the manager answered the phone and said that they only take dogs and not cats and are cancelling my reservation. He was not at all pleasant and never apologized for the person who accepted my reservation. He was totally rude. So beware if you have a pet which is not a dog.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Rosalie C
belkins, IRC at Red Roof Inn & Suites Fayetteville - Fort Bragg, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
During the reservation process you were told that we do not accept cats. It is unfortunate for current cat owners, that past cat owners have abused the hotel rooms.

I'm terribly sorry you were not happy with our hotel, but know we always strive to accommodate our guest requests.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
New River, Arizona
Reviewed November 20, 2013

I stayed here three months ago. It was just what I needed at that time. When I returned to the area, I called for reservations again. It was just as nice, if not better. This placed could be my home away from home (if ever I return). Thanks for a nice, clean place to stay.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 14, 2013 via mobile

Clean, good size room with two queens. Hotel looks as if it had a major refurb.

Some parts of the hotel like the lobby and the bathrooms still look dated. Walls fairly thin. Breakfast pretty limited. Next to a garage. No view.

Overall, a pretty good choice for a night. Quite a way from I95.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Florida
Reviewed November 9, 2013

Visit was for medical seminar and was in perfect location to restaurants, mall, and medical center/hospital(walking distance). Great polite, quite, and clean environment. The refrigerator and microwave were an extra cost effective surprise.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank CBL565
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We stayed one night in a 2 queen room and enjoyed the comfort of the firm beds. The pullout couch was also well appreciated. (The linens were in the dresser drawers.) The suprisingly spacious room was clean and the decor was up-to-date. There were adequate lamps and wall plugs as well.

Room access is exclusively interior, and the parking lot was well lit, so we felt safe. Luggage carts were provided near the elevator. The front desk attendants were very friendly.

Be sure to bring your own hair conditioner if you use it. The complimentary shampoo bottles say "conditioning shampoo", but don't let that fool you. Additionally, if you need a hair dryer, be sure to request one at the front desk ahead of time, as there is not one in the room. Plenty of towels, washcloths and linens were provided in the room.

The door to the bathroom is a pocket door. Pro - No wasted space. Con - No bathroom door lock. We had a shower only - no tub. After trying different shower pressure settings, I settled on the pulse to achieve enough water pressure to rinse my hair.

We were travelling with a group, and I overheard one person mention their shower door was askew and therefore did not close all the way, causing the water to pool on the floor. Our shower door shut properly. Everthing in the room worked as expected.

The hotel is located near restaurants and a gas station. We did not take advantage of the continental breakfast at the hotel because it was all bread products/starches and we needed protein for our busy day.

We were pleased with the value for this area, and are planning to stay here again in the very near future.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
usa
Reviewed September 17, 2013

We stayed here for a weekend away for our anniversary and had a wonderful experience. Front desk staff was super nice and made you feel at home. Rooms were very nice and obvious that owners are trying to really update motel. Best tv we ever laid eyes on!!! Comfortable beds and overall very pleasant stay. Close to coliseum, hospital and shopping. If ever in area again would definitely stay again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank crabtrees
Casper, Wyoming
Reviewed September 2, 2013

My wife and I stayed here back in 2010 visiting my son at FT Bragg. With another trip planned to Fayetteville in August, I knew where I wanted to stay. I was not disappointed. The remodeling that has occurred here is awesome. All of the room have been updated. One of the things I like most of all is the fridge and microwave in all the rooms. The rooms are spacious and laid out well. The owner, SK and his wife, Mrs SK, take a personal interest in all of they're guests. The people they have hired for their staff are courteous and friendly. Although I didn't spend a lot of time in the room, the people at the front desk always greeted me when I returned as though they have known me for years. The location of the hotel is great, too. Just minutes from the best restaurants and shopping. The price is also one of the best around, as well. Stay here on your next trip to Fayettevlle, you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family