“Not as good as past visits”

Miyabi Japanese Steak & Seafood House
Ranked #60 of 527 Restaurants in Fayetteville
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Lumberton, North Carolina
“Not as good as past visits”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Came here with the family for dinner. Have gone to Miyabi at a couple of their other locations in the past. Have been here before too but this time the experience was not as good as in the past. The taste of the food was good as always but the issue I had this time was that we felt rushed. I understand that if a restaurant is busy that they want to turn tables, but they should not do it at the expense of the customer experience. The reason I felt rushed was that as soon as we were seated, we were asked to place our order. This is not too much of a problem for me but for someone who has never been here before and does not know the menu, it could be. After ordering, our soup came and shortly thereafter, the salads came. As soon as the salad came, the chef came and started cooking our food. The food was getting done before we had even finished our salads. While eating, the waitress never came by to ask if we needed more drinks and to top if off, once the food was finished cooking, the waitress came by again with our checks and to go boxes. I am guessing that this is not the fault of the staff, but of the management trying to turn tables. I was not able to finish my meal and just put it into the box with my wife's food. The funny thing is that we went around 5:30 with reservations and did not expect to be rushed like that. I have been here before and have never felt rushed. Not sure if I will go to this location many times again but will rather go to one of the other locations when I am in another town. Oh and did I mention that the chef did not do any of the chef "tricks" that they are supposed to do. My kids were asking on the way home why the man did not do any of his tricks.

• Visited January 2013

• Korean first
Fayetteville, North Carolina
“Underwhelming but tasty.”
Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

We went as a family and expected a more traditional hibachi experience. The food is good, but not the best hibachi I have ever had. The entertainment was lackluster. The quantity of food you receive is incredible, and I can't help but wonder if it's a product of American tendencies to overindulge. We probably won't return anytime soon. The search for my favorite Fayetteville restaurant goes on.

Washington, District of Columbia, United States
“Amazing Ginger Dressing”
Reviewed November 26, 2012

My wife and I love this place. Great Hibachi side and great sushi side. We LOVE the ginger dressing so much that we always ask to buy extra and so far they have always given us 6 or more little cups to take home.

Visited November 2012
West End, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food, good atmosphere, so-so show”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

The lobby of the restaurant is beautiful. There is a night scene painted on the ceiling and waterfall next to the receptions desk. Our chef was interesting. His name was Pablo, he said he was Mexican and he was trying to talk with a Japanese accent. He was very funny and did a good job cooking but he didn't put on much of a show. You do get a lot of food here but most of it being rice. I thought they skimped on the vegetables. You didn't get as many vegetables as you get at other Japanese restaurants i have eaten at. If you get chicken it is mixed white and dark meat. I have not seen this before either. You can pay $3.00 extra if you want all white meat. One thing that was nice was a third sauce. They had the two standards that you get; the yum-yum sauce and the ginger sauce, then they also has a mustard sauce. The mustard sauce was very good with the chicken. the salad looked like it was bag salad mix like you get form the grocery store. The combo meals are $20.00+ unless you get a vegi combo which was $16.00. Overall it was pretty good, but a little pricey considering the mixed chicken and bagged salad mix

• Visited November 2012
Sanford, North Carolina
“Absolute delight”
Reviewed August 21, 2012 via mobile

Went to dinner for daughters 16th birthday. It takes your breathe away when you walk in, the lighted waterfall is stunning. The server was kind, the chef was knowledgeable and entertaining. The meals are pricey but the amount of food is overwhelming. They have a plate sharing option and I recommend it. All four of us have 2 meals of leftovers. They came out and played a drum for my daughters birthday. The food was flavorful. Between the four of us we had steak, chicken and shrimp. The veggies were delicious. Way too much rice.... But it was good. A great evening.

1 Thank IMHO2