“Great Indian Food”

Shalimar Tandoor Grill & Bar
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Delivery, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Shalimar Tandoor Grill & Bar is located directly off of the all American Freeway, on Raeford Road in the Dail Center. Shalimar, Fayetteville’s newest Indian restaurant, opened in early July 2010 with an aim to provide the Fayetteville/Ft. Bragg area diners with a completely unique option on the local dining scene. When you spend your hard earned money on dining out your mood should be transported to a different place and the flavors and atmosphere should make you forget about all of your worries (at least for the moment). With very limited options in the area, local diners have not had the chance to enjoy authentic Indian cuisine as its known to be enjoyed in larger metropolitan areas. The owners and staff at Shalimar would like to warmly invite all of the Fayetteville area residents to give Indian cuisine a try. If you have already tried Indian cuisine, then we humbly invite you to Shalimar and we hope our cuisine compares well with your other favorites. Shalimar offers buffet lunch, elegant a la carte dining, a full bar, carry out, & delivery 7 days a week for you to enjoy.
Fayetteville, North Carolina
“Great Indian Food”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

So, I didn't think Fayetteville had much to offer and then I found Shalimar Tandoor Grill & Bar. I had been looking for an Indian restaurant that was closer than Raleigh and I found it here. When I walked in a colleague of mine and his family were there and I asked if they liked it and they said yes, so I got a table. I had the Chicken Korma ($14.99), Poori ($3.99), and a Sweet Lassi ($3.50). When my chicken was brought out, I just sat there a moment inhaling this wonderful perfume that emanated from my dish. I was in heaven. It smelled just like the Chicken Korma I had eaten before elsewhere. The chicken itself was moist and the whole dish was wonderful. I am so glad I remembered to order the Poori to sop up the sauce. My Lassi was made to perfection and I could have drunk more, but I had to get home. The setting was unremarkable, but I was not there for the ambiance - I was there for the food and it was great. I also placed a to go order of Lamb Korma for my husband and he devoured it.

• Visited October 2012

East Lansing, Michigan, United States
“Good food but feel cheated”
Reviewed August 4, 2012

I went to Shalimar Tandoor Grill with my husband and two children during spring break. We ordered out usual Samosas, Garlic Naan and Chicken Tikka Masala. Everything about the food was good except they were out of the Tamarind sauce for the samosas. I even had a nice conversation with the waiter/owner. While walking back to our hotel I began to add up our bill in my head and realized something did not seem right. I took a look at the bill and found that I was automatically charged a tip which would have been fine if the waiter had mentioned this because I tipped close to 20% on top of that. I wrote it off as partially my mistake for not being more observant but then in looking at my credit card bill I find out he added 77 cents more on top of the two tips!!

• Visited April 2012
2 Thank EL_Nicole
Rockford, Illinois
“Amazing Food!”
Reviewed July 21, 2012

I am not a big fan of Indian food but decided to give this place a shot since there was a Groupon available for it. I went with my husband and we found this small restaurant to be very clean and had great service especially for a Friday evening. We ordered their special, Mango Prawns for $22. We decided to share it since the waitress said it was a big platter that came with their naan, rice, veggies and prawns. It was plenty of food and everything on the plate DELICIOUS! My husband and I were both very pleased and impressed. We would absolutely come back here to eat.

• Visited July 2012
Spring Lake, North Carolina, United States
“The better of the two Indian restaurants in Fayetteville”
Reviewed June 22, 2012

I'm not a big fan of Indian buffets and prefer to just order off the menu, but Shalimar does a good job of rotating its buffet offerings and is pretty tasty. Shalimar does a great job of scaling its spices for people; I prefer to order medium and it has a great kick while not being over-powering.

I highly recommend the goat byriani and chicken tikka masala here!

• Visited March 2012
Tampa, Florida
“Good Indian buffet”
Reviewed February 29, 2012

I really like this place. The buffet is very good and not too expensive. I have been there in several occasions and the food always is different except for a few dishes. The naan is fresh and you can get it hot out of the oven. During dinnertime the prices are slightly higher but the portions are large. Even my Indian colleagues like it and think it is like the real deal! Skip this place (or any good Indian restaurant) if you do not like spices or unusual flavors...

• Visited February 2012