“Good portions and service.”
Review of MI Casita

MI Casita
Ranked #223 of 535 Restaurants in Fayetteville
Cuisines: American, Mexican, Bar
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Takeout
Description: Mi Casita Mexican Restaurant is acclaimed as the "best" Mexican restaurant in town. Established in 1990, Mi Casita Mexican Restaurant has exploded from a single location to a city-wide chain. No matter which Mi Casita location you visit, the experience is much the same in terms of consistent food, reliable service, and hometown hospitality. Such quality and attentiveness could spoil your appetite for lesser places.
Reviewed December 24, 2012

One of the better Mexican restaurants I've been to. They're pretty quick and quite filling. I'm always stuffed when I leave.

Reviewed July 20, 2012

Good food, good service and a nice atmosphere. Better than some of the other local places we've tried.

Reviewed June 19, 2012

This is the bottom of the heap of Tex-Mex/Mexican restaurants in a town with sub-standard choices as it is. Chewy chips, bland salsa, and a wrong drink order started our evening the first time we went. The next time, which was a mercy call, they got the drink order right but it was still the same stale chips and watery salsa. The main courses...I'll just say the words "greasy" and "heavy", and that should be enough. My plate had a large lump of greasy, brown/yellow congealment that tasted like it looked. I think it was supposed to be an enchilada. I rarely leave food on my plate, but I ate less than half of that meal before my brain said, "why are you doing this?". The only reason this place didn't get a Terrible rating is the service; it was quite good. There seems to be a theme of overstaffing at these kinds of restaurants in Fayetteville, because my drink was refilled when it was half-empty. I don't know if all of the numerous Mi Casitas in Fayetteville are this way, but come on...it's a chain. Save your brain some hurt and visit El Cazador or Monterrey instead.

Reviewed June 7, 2012

The food is very good overall. Never had anything bad (but it's kind of hard to mess up beef, chicken, cheese and rice.) Service is good, a large restaurant with plenty of seating, and prices are reasonable.

What stands out for me are the chips & salsa. I am very picky about chips & salsa, and with a lot of Mexican restaurants to choose from in town, this is my "go-to" place, mainly for that reason. Chips are always thin, hot, and crunchy - not from a bag. Salsa is just the right texture and spicy-ness level. I always buy some to go when I'm in town. Definitely highly recommended for those who havent' been there and are searching for a great Mexican place!

Reviewed May 8, 2012

I ate lunch here today and really enjoyed it. Maybe it was the fact that I haven't had Mexican food for several months, but I loved it! The salsa was fresh and flowed liberally. The chips weren't bad. I ordered a chicken fajita quesadilla, which was excellent. The chicken was tender, white breast meat which was roasted and seasoned to perfection. The service was very friendly, helpful and lightning fast, even during a very busy lunch rush.

I have only two small complaints:
- The guacamole, which was very tasty, cost $4.00 for a very large helping. I would have preferred a smaller portion for less.
- The cheese in the quesadilla tasted a bit fake. There's one thing a really don't like - fake cheese. Luckily there was very little and it was overpowered by the amazing flavors of the chicken and peppers.

Overall, a definite must-see-for-yourself. Go for lunch and enjoy the lunch specials.