“Best Pizza....Ever.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Mellow Mushroom
Ranked #12 of 516 Restaurants in Fayetteville
Cuisines: Bar, Pizza, Italian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Mellow Mushroom Pizza Bakers was founded in 1974 in Atlanta, Georgia. This franchise, operated under Home-Grown Industries of Georgia, Inc., is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia. For 41 years, Mellow Mushroom Pizza Bakers has been serving up fresh, stone-baked pizzas to order in an eclectic, art-filled, and family-friendly environment. Each Mellow is locally owned and operated and provides a unique feel focused around great customer service and high-quality food. Mellow Mushroom's menu showcases natural flavors and the freshest of ingredients in a creative menu assortment of pizzas, hoagies, salads, calzones, appetizers and vegetarian and vegan options. Gluten free crust and a kids menu are also available.
Fayetteville, North Carolina
“Best Pizza....Ever.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2014

This is a funky pizza place... think rainbows and hippies... and the best pizza ever.

It is also pretty expensive, $20-27 per large pizza, but completely worth it. We usually go for the "mighty meaty" or the "holy shiitake" (which I HATE mushrooms, but gave this a try and it is absolutely phenomenal).

My husband loves the beer selection, they have a wide variety.

My only complaint is that they don't deliver!

2 Thank Karinda V

San Antonio, Texas
“Best pizza ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2014

Very unusual pizza topping combinations. A bit pricey for pizza but the unusual variety is well worth it. for instance, potatoes

Ocoee, Florida
“Great food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013

Wow...this was my first visit to a Mello Mushroom. I have to say its a great place. We dined there as a family and had 8 in our party. We were seated promptly and had plenty of room. the waitress was friendly and kept on top of things. My wife and I ordered a meaty pizza and had to be one of the BEST pizzas I have had. I did not drink any alcohol but browsed through the beer menu and they had a a large selection. Overall an excellent experience. Thanks

Spring Lake, North Carolina, United States
“The Food is its saving grace”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

This Mellow Mushroom is the worst I've been to of the four that I've been to at various locations across the south, but the pizza is very tasty despite the restaurant itself.
My husband, son, and I dined in for some late afternoon pizza. I love the funky q chicken pizza (basically a BBQ chicken pizza), and it did not disappoint. My husband had a shittake mushroom pizza that was awesome too. We ordered a half order of Parmesan pretzels, which came out overcooked and deformed so the manager was prompt in giving it to us for free and providing a $5 gift card. The decor is a little silly, but in good fun but the service is very average.

• Visited November 2013
Fayetteville, NC USA
“Better the 2nd time around”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

We visited the Mellow Mushroom again because it has a gluten free pizza that is great. Well, the food was great, but the service was better. Erica waited on us, she was pleasant, helpful, knew about the menu items and her suggestions were great. My grandson had an accident with his soda and her reaction prevented him from being embarrassed. The food in any restaurant is either good or bad, however the service makes bad better. In this case we lucked out and had great food and excellent service. Thank you Erica.

• Visited November 2013