“best in fayetteville”

Ranked #3 of 51 Hotels in Fayetteville
Orlando, Florida
“best in fayetteville”
Reviewed September 11, 2012

out of all the hotels in fayetteville i'd say stay here. it's worth paying the extra 30-40 dollars per night to stay here over another area hotel. the grounds are wondering. the pool and hot tub are inside but have an area outside (away from the main area) to lay out in the sun. the breakfest and cocktail hour are really nice. the best part of the rooms are the showers. in the suites they have the shower heads that rain down and after a crazy day it's a warm welcoming. i stayed there for one night for an event then stayed in a local nice hotel but in the long run wish i had forked out the extras money and stayed here. next time i will.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank cricket321
nsmehta1, Internet Marketing Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Fayetteville/Fort Bragg, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
We sincerely appreciate the positive feedback! We are all very happy you enjoyed your time at the Embassy Suites Fayetteville/Fort Bragg. We have been working exceptionally hard to make every guest feel special. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you in the near future.

Internet Marketing Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
london
Reviewed September 9, 2012

I stayed here for a week with a toddler while my husband was working in town.
We booked a suite which was lovely, plenty of room for all of us - just lacking a bath for my toddler who is not keen on showers just yet.
Visited the pool which was always quiet and well presented.
Breakfast was great, cooked to order, and their was always someone who bought over a high chair for my little boy.
The food in the main restaurant was limited to say the least. Not geared towards a family at all.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank honey4386
nsmehta1, Internet Marketing Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Fayetteville/Fort Bragg, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
We are glad that you enjoyed your stay here with your family. We focus our attention on taking care of our guest and making them feel special. As for the main restaurant, we are increasing the number of selections on our menu. If you stay our hotel again you should see a wider selection. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our facilities and service and do hope you will consider us again.

Scotch Plains, New Jersey
Reviewed September 7, 2012

To be clear before I start my review, we did not stay at this hotel.

We were driving from Orlando FL to NJ when my son fell ill and we were not able to make it as far north as we intended the first night (to Fayetville). I called quite late to cancel our reservation, explaining our situation and I was greeted with nothing but graciousness and hospitality and I was not charged for the overnight stay.

The hotel customer service was outstanding and I believe this should be commended as I really appreciated their help when we could not make it to the hotel for the evening.

Well done, Embassy Suites. I will continue to use this chain during all of my travels.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
nsmehta1, Internet Marketing Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Fayetteville/Fort Bragg, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write about us on Trip Advisor. We are so sorry that your son fell ill. We hope he is feeling better. We are looking forward to having you as our guests.

Allentown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I have never stayed at an Embassy Suites before, and I didn’t know what to expect. I thought it’d be like a Homewood. Most of the Hilton properties were sold out, and this one had availability, so we figured we would try it. The rate seemed high, but again, we needed a place to stay, and we figured that we would get more for our money. I checked in with my daughter, and we both agree the place was very clean and looked fancy and new. Missy, the front desk rep, checked us in. She let us go without much conversation. Most reps are much warmer, and recognize I am an HHonors member. I’m not Angelina Jolie, but I think it’s nice when they are personable. I explained to Missy I wanted to smell the room to ensure my allergies wouldn’t be a problem, and she looked at me like I had 5 heads. I understand the property is less than 6 months old, so maybe its lack of training? I went up to my “L shaped room” to find that the pull our sofa sleeper opens up into the shared walkway of the king size bed. I am in my late 50’s, and my husband is in his 60’s, we are both disabled- bad knees. With the pull out fully opened and the nightstand, there was no way we would be able to make it to the other side of the room including the bathroom! I did explain all this while making my reservation as well. I went back to Missy at the front desk to request a new room. She looked at me blankly. A tall blonde woman with glasses asked if she could help me. I explained my disappointment in the room, and she had a rep switch us out to 2-queen beds. I told her I was disappointed with the room and amenities as well. For $160 a night, I expected a dinner like Homewood during the reception, not cut up vegetables like Missy had told me. The blonde proceeded to tell me that Embassy Suites are not geared towards the traveling family, but more towards the businessman who needs a snack before a dinner with clients. Oh, so then you don’t want my $160? That’s the way it seems. So after getting our new room key, we walked into a dark room. We started flicking light switches, but the room was still dark. My husband and I were so confused. We almost walked out. My daughter figured it out. A little instruction would have been nice. I am all for being green, but please inform me of proper procedures. Jamie, the attendant during the manager’s reception, was one of the highlights. She singled handedly took care of tables, took drink orders, cleaned up after people, and refilled food trays. She did it all with a smile on her face. She was polite and pleasant to talk to. The French Onion dip was amazing! Around 9 pm, we called about our air conditioning not working, and the front desk rep said they would send someone to check it out. After waiting till about 10 pm, we went to bed as best we could in a hot room. My daughter was so hot that she slept on the couch. Breakfast was beyond my expectations. The chef, Lee, cooked our orders perfectly, and he was so friendly. Thank you! After breakfast, we went to go check out, and the front desk rep, Chelsa, said to leave the keys on the desk- no greeting, no “how was your stay,” nothing- just leave the key. I stood there and told her that my stay wasn’t what I was hoping for, and her response was, “oh.” Blank. Nothing else but oh. So I told her about the air conditioner, the lights, check in, the manager’s reception, and my conversation with the blonde lady, and Chelsa replied, “oh.” She was more concerned with me getting her name right, “everyone says Chelsea, but its ChelSA,” than me as a guest. Feeling like talking to her and explaining my dissatisfaction with the stay was pointless, I left. I left feeling that I could have spent $160+tax in a better way. Embassy is supposed to be a premiere chain, but I felt I stayed at a lower level place. Next time, I’ll bypass the Embassy, and keep driving till I find a Hampton Inn.

1 Thank TheTravelingCuRicans
Thank you for your candid review. We take our guest feedback very seriously. Please accept my apology regarding the issues you described. We are focusing on a complete retraining of our teams on our service standards and will share this review with everyone involved. I assure you that your concerns will be addressed with the appropriate departments in an effort to improve the level of service moving forward. Again, we apologize for any inconvenience that may have been caused to you during your stay and hope that if you are in the area again that you give us a second try.

Ann Arbor Michigan
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Spent 4 nights at this new hotel and felt they did a fantastic job to see we had wonderful time. We came for orientation of a grandson to Methodist University and will be back in November for Football and family time. This is a first class new hotel and has much to offer. The staaff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
We are thrilled that we made your stay with your son Nick very enjoyable. We pride ourselves on having a clean and well maintained hotel with the best staff in town. Please come back to Embassy Suites Fayetteville/Fort Bragg. We look forward to having you stay with us again.

Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed August 31, 2012

It's hard to complain when the property is brand new. This Embassy Suites is well done nice rooms very modern. I liked the stand up shower with the huge shower head. This is a "Green" type hotel so you have a few weird things to deal with. One is that you have to insert your key into a slot inside your room to make the lights work. IMO a hotel being "Green" is just a hotel being cheap.

The bar does offer an evening reception with two drink tickets and average snacks chips, Salsa etc. I have stayed here twice and each time had a different bartender both of which were distant and awkward in their social skills.

That said this is the best place to stay in Fayetteville and wins my recommendation.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
nsmehta1, Internet Marketing Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Fayetteville/Fort Bragg, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to post your review on tripadvisor about your stay. Please accept my apologies for the situation you described. We have made some staffing changes and have started a new training program with the staff to ensure that this issue is taken care of. We truly want to be your first choice when choosing a hotel in Fayetteville, NC.

Fort Polk, Louisiana
Reviewed August 30, 2012

This is a brand new hotel in a military town. Fayetteville, NC is a small, overcrowded, seedy town plagued by crime,"sweepstakes" businesses, and horrible zoning laws. I have family members stationed at Fort Bragg so I visit often. I was very surprised when I found out an Embassy Suites had recently been built there. It is a nice clean hotel, and the staff is extremely courteous and helpful. The breakfast that they are famous for is delicious. HOWEVER, since it is only a couple of miles from Fort Bragg Miltary Installation, on weekends, single soldiers like to book rooms to hold hotel parties that get rather wild. Although strictly forbidden by the hotel, they seem to find a way to party and let off steam! Personally, I wasn't bothered it but I'm sure others don't want to pay good money to run into drunken soldiers in the hallways of their hotel. In the hotel's defense, it is not their fault and this only happened during the weekend. Most hotels located in towns where military posts are prevelant have the same issue. I will definitely stay here again because it is the best hotel in Fayetteville, NC and is the best value for the money.

• Stayed August 2012
2 Thank srmills78
Thanks for taking the time to give us your feedback. Please accept my apologies for the situation you described. We enjoy providing the friendly service that you have experienced. When you encounter a problem, we will be glad to change your room. Thank you, again, for sharing your experience with us and allowing us the opportunity to serve you better.