“What a dive - avoid it”

Super 8 Fayetteville
Ranked #19 of 53 Hotels in Fayetteville
Reviewed November 30, 2009

My husband and I stayed here one night while traveling back from Florida. We checked in, and checked out two hours later (and were still charged for a partial stay). The carpet and pillows were stained! Everything felt like it had a layer of grime that could probably never be cleaned. This place really needs to be renovated. Couldn't wait to get out of there. We ended up at the Holiday Inn just up the street for only slightly more money, and had a perfect night.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 1, 2009

i was traveling with my family and we stopped for the night. after paying 80 dollars for a few hours of sleep we found out our beds were crawling with bed bugs! when we told the manager she wouldn't even refund us all of our money and charged us a 25 dollar fee!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed August 19, 2008

I liked the stay at the 1875 Cross Creek hotel. I didn't make a issue about the internet's price being $66.05 but when I checked out the hotel the price was $66.95. I didn't make it a issue this time--will the next. The prices are suppose to be the same. So anyone that books online, check your price to the hotel price before you check out. The breakfast was just a breakfast--(it was good). I could stay there again because the rooms were clean and the price was affordable.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed August 17, 2008

We spent two nights at the Super 8 and were pleased with the service, cleanliness of the room and overall value for the $60/night we paid. The continental breakfast was decent - basic cereal, toast, muffins, waffles and jimmy dean sausage biscuits to pop in the microwave. We would have loved to see some fruit as well, but can't complain because it was free! All in all, I don't think we could have found a better value.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed March 2, 2008

Had a great stay,owners helped, with all of our needs, plus the Motel , was easy to find and in great condition,, The owners was on duty daily, and helped with our needs, I would recomend any time

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank twoodbridge
Reviewed January 28, 2008

I booked this room for three nights on the recommendation of two very picky relatives. If they liked it, then it must be perfect!

Not quite. The room was dingy, burn holes in the carpet, and what looked like water stains on the walls. No problem, so it hasn't been updated in a while, it's a cheap motel. The problem was the gigantic cockroach climbing lazily around the lampshade next to me. I could have handled a cricket, even a spider. But not a cockroach. If this guy was this bold in in the light, what else would be crawling around once the lights were turned off?

The front desk was unsympathetic, never apologized, and frankly didn't seem too surprised at my complaint, which is worrisome in itself. I asked for a refund of all three nights. They refused the first night, but would cancel the second and third for a fee. I argued, stating I wasn't leaving because I didn't like the color of the drapes, I was leaving because there were bugs in my room! They didn't budge, so I ended up paying $90 for a room I never slept in, in addition to the cost I incurred finding another hotel for the night.

Do yourself a favor and go to the Quality Inn down the street. Book online if you can, I saved $7 each night this way.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled solo
Reviewed January 24, 2008

In all fairness the service at the counter was WONDERFUL!! Otherwise the hotel has something to be desired. I had stayed in 2 star rated hotels with this online service before and had been satisfied, but this one is NOT deserving to be in that class. I agree with the rating here at Trip Advisor. 1 STAR

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled as a couple