“Nicely Renovated Property”

Ranked #21 of 50 Hotels in Fayetteville
Mason City, Illinois
“Nicely Renovated Property”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

I stayed here for three nights while visiting family in Fayetteville. Everything was newly renovated and very impressive. The front desk staff were extremely helpful, especially Seth, who made sure I had everything that I needed. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Jerry T

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Davenport, Florida
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Motel was clean and the staff were helpfull and friendly. Rooms were clean and beds were comfortable. Continental breakfast was O K but there was a Cracker barrel Resturant right next door.So if you drove a great distance as I did not having to dive to a resturant for dinner was a big plus.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Paul F
Gettysburg, Pennsylvania, USA
Reviewed June 7, 2013

When traveling with our dog, we often stay at Red Roof Inns, so that is what I Googled for a hotel in Fayetteville, N.C. and instead of Red Roof Inn, the Comfort Inn appeared, apparently a change in ownership. However, the website noted that it was pet friendly and everything else looked the same. I looked to see if there was any other information on the web site, such as charges, restrictions, etc. but found nothing other than many good reviews from dog owning trip advisor reviewers so I booked the room.
When we arrived after driving 11 hours from Florida in the rain, I learned that there is a $25.00 charge and only dogs under 25 lbs are allowed (this was after they had rung up my credit card). Initially I was going to move on as our dog is over 25 lbs. but then realized that I would probably be charged for the room anyway as it was after 6:00 and would have to fight Expedia for a refund. So we left the dog mainly in the car (paying the $25.00 anyway) and left as early as we could the next morning. We travel with Susie frequently and one cannot tell there has been a dog in the room.
I don't have a problem with the policy as long as it is clearly stated on the Web site. However, there are other less expensive hotels in the area that I could have chosen if I had known so this Comfort Inn gets a poor rating from me. The room was OK but the air co went on and off all night making sleep difficult.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple