“In hopes to return to the Friendliest Place on Earth”

Candlewood Suites Fayetteville
Ranked #13 of 51 Hotels in Fayetteville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed January 15, 2013

If Disney is known as the Happiest Place then this should be known as The Friendliest! My husband is sent by his Company to Ft. Bragg several times a year for several weeks at a time.

The first two trips last year he was placed an hour away which made for a long commute each day, especially during my visits. His last business trip in August we stayed here.

The Staff is excellent! Friendly beyond belief! I lazed around this nice clean property like I was at our own home. Some of the experienced Staff were in the process of training new Staff. It appeared to be very courteous and professional training while also explaining The Candlewood has a high standard.

It is clear this Staff believes the best client is the returning client, they go out of their way to provide help even when it is apparent there are numerous check outs happening at the same time with expected arrivals. This Staff make it all appear effortless with Southern charm & Grace!

(The kitchen has everything a traveling person needs for preparing, cooking, baking & cleaning up! By the pavilion you can use one of two very nice grills, we did one night.)

I sat out back under the shade of the pavilion, read my book, enjoyed the weather. Spoke with the Staff who always had a smile and a laugh at my comical travel stories. I too travel with my work, so I know what truly makes a good place run nicely, it is not just the name, it is the hearts of the employee's & Managers.

My husband decided upon himself to add his own name to the dry erase board calendar of events, pointing out his Birthday. The front desk called, he went to the lobby, where they sang Happy Birthday to him... which was a great send off for our drive to the Beach for the Weekend.

(When I inquired at the front desk of a Wal Mart or Wal Greens location to purchase a card, they immediately pulled out a box of various cards! At no cost! Now that is so sweet!)

While we have no control over where he stays, we have fingers crossed when he returns
4 Feb 2013 to the Ft. Bragg area, The Candlewood Suites will be his destination! I will arrive for Valentine's weekend and hope to see all of the Ladies!

The beds are comfy, linens are clean & crisp, although there are lots of nice plump or fluffy pillows on the bed you can ask at the front desk for a nice flat one like I did for the Husband which is his preference.
Laundry is clean and reasonable priced, the gym has what you need and in new condition with televisions right next to the laundry. Work out while you take care of your wash, what a deal! The front lobby has nice seating if you should need a meeting point for car pools or after work business dinner meeting points.
And the nice part, although the place was at capacity during our stay with other happy civilian workers & travelers, it was so quiet! We were asleep by 8:30 PM most nights, and after he left for work early I slipped back for a nice nap since I was off work!
For anyone interested in Harley's there is a nice new, large shop, across the way, also a driving range is nice for the golfers.

Room Tip: The back of the Hotel has more parking and you can enter the back door with your room key.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Candlewood S, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Fayetteville, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2013

Dear ToesInTheSand2010,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review of our Candlewood Suites on TripAdvisor. We always appreciate our guest's letting us know how we are doing, and LOVE to hear great things from you!! We take our jobs serious, and want each and every guest to feel valued and cared for.
When someone is here for a long period of time, you almost become like part of the family!
We hope to see you again the next time life brings you to Fayetteville/Ft. Bragg.

Best wishes~

Adam K Collier

There are newer reviews for Candlewood Suites Fayetteville

Reviewed January 15, 2013

very friendly staff, clean rooms, good places to eat within a mile or two.
Note: there is construction on one of the main exits off I95 to Fayetteville. For reference, Harley Davidson dealership is right across the street from Candlewood Suites.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Dear M C

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us at Candlewood Suites Fayetteville! We are so happy your stay was a GREAT one. Our TEAM definitely believes that our guest's are the most important thing we have in our hotel.
We hope to see you again if you are ever in our area!

Safe Travels!

Adam K Collier

Reviewed January 1, 2013

Very nice, clean, and with a kitchen! A little difficult to get by GPS due to hiway closure on the way in. Mentioned this to Front Desk and the gal was kind enough to give me a pre-printed card with more specific directions back to I-95 South.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Candlewood S, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Fayetteville, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2013

Dear Hubs
Thank you for sharing your review on Tripadvisor! We appreciate your comments and are glad we were able to meet or exceed your expectations.
We are glad to be a "pet friendly" hotel. We also pride ourselves on the cleaning process after a pet has been a guest of our hotel.
We do not feel a pet friendly guest should be put in a "less desirable" location based on the fact they have a pet. We make sure all of our rooms are clean and ready for all of our guests!
We are definitely not on the interstate. Our location is suited for people looking to be near Fort Bragg, POPE and they city . The project on business 95 is going to be a 2 year project! But we do try to find alternative routes for our guests coming in!!
Travel Safe!

Reviewed December 30, 2012

Overall the hotel was very nice. We experienced very friendly and helpful staff, clean and spacious rooms, and a comfortable bed. The reason for my poor review has to due with the VERY VERY loud music coming from the night club behind the hotel (which stops at 2:30 a.m.). While I assume that something like this is out of the hotels hands it has a major impact on overall experience -- especially after a long day on the road and you are trying to sleep. Perhaps if the room you book is on the other side of the hotel or if you stay during the week you might have a different experience.

Room Tip: Choose a room that does not overlook the night club.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Biggrabe
Candlewood S, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Fayetteville, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2013

Dear Biggrabe,
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience while visiting us! We do use the comments to learn and train our entire TEAM. We are extremely pleased our hotel was able to meet your expectations on SERVICE, CLEANLINESS and AMENITIES! Thank you for sharing these
attributes with us. Unfortunately, sometimes, we do have a few noise concerns from the business next door. Like in any city, these do occur. They are usually few and far between.
Definitely, if noise is an issue, the front of the hotel would be best suited.
Thank you again for sharing.

Reviewed December 14, 2012

I have large groups of people coming into the Fayetteville area and have just recently found the Candlewood to be very accommodating. Great people to work with, and the guys love the property and the surroundings. Great driving range within walking distance that a lot of the golfers love, and grills outback to grill their steaks on, are just a few of the things the guys loved. I will definitly use them again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Donna M

Dear Donna M
Thank you for choosing our Candlewood Suites for your lodging needs. We are so glad we are able to offer the accommodations that are well suited our guests. We do believe in giving each one of our guests the FREEDOM and Privacy they need to feel more like they are at home.
Thank you so much for sharing your comments with our TEAM. We look forward to seeing you in 2013!

Reviewed December 10, 2012

We stopped on our way to Georgia and could not have been more pleased with the hotel! The rooms were well equipped and most importantly, clean! Bobby, the boy at the front desk, was very helpful with printing out directions for us and suggested a japanese restaraunt nearby that was almost good enough to make the drive back to Fayetteville for! The entire staff was friendly and I was acknowledged by several of them on my way out and everyone went out of there way to say hello. That personal touch reminds me very much of the "southern hospitality" I have grown to love. I would stay again!

Room Tip: We had the king, and it was good. Best pillow :)
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Dear downwitOPP,
Thank you so much for your review. We do appreciate you letting us know how we are doing.
We do believe customer service is our #1 priority. We are glad we were able to deliver that good old "Southern Hospitality"!! Also, we are pleased you were able to enjoy the many restaurants located near the hotel.
We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in our area!
Adam K. Collier

Reviewed November 28, 2012

I come to Fort Bragg very often. I found this hotel by accident when my regular hotel screwed up my reservations. I was sent to the Candlewood Suites. I was greeted like they knew me. Service was amazing. Rooms were great. A full kitchen and fast Internet service was exactly what I was looking for. Great location and all the comforts of home. I will definitely stay here every time I come to Bragg. 5 Stars!

• Stayed: October 2012
Candlewood S, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Fayetteville, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2012

Dear Travels 45
Thank you letting us know how your recent stay with us at the Candlewood Suites was! We must admit, we are a little happy someone made that mistake, and you ended up in our hotel! We are definitely built for extended stay, and have all the comforts of home. We hope the next time you are in the area, you will be staying with us again~

Happy Holidays!!