“Nice Hotel but BEWARE!”

Ranked #12 of 51 Hotels in Fayetteville
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Nice Hotel but BEWARE!”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Overall the hotel was very nice. We experienced very friendly and helpful staff, clean and spacious rooms, and a comfortable bed. The reason for my poor review has to due with the VERY VERY loud music coming from the night club behind the hotel (which stops at 2:30 a.m.). While I assume that something like this is out of the hotels hands it has a major impact on overall experience -- especially after a long day on the road and you are trying to sleep. Perhaps if the room you book is on the other side of the hotel or if you stay during the week you might have a different experience.

Room Tip: Choose a room that does not overlook the night club.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Biggrabe
Candlewood S, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Fayetteville, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Dear Biggrabe,
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience while visiting us! We do use the comments to learn and train our entire TEAM. We are extremely pleased our hotel was able to meet your expectations on SERVICE, CLEANLINESS and AMENITIES! Thank you for sharing these
attributes with us. Unfortunately, sometimes, we do have a few noise concerns from the business next door. Like in any city, these do occur. They are usually few and far between.
Definitely, if noise is an issue, the front of the hotel would be best suited.
Thank you again for sharing.

Adam Collier

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed December 14, 2012

I have large groups of people coming into the Fayetteville area and have just recently found the Candlewood to be very accommodating. Great people to work with, and the guys love the property and the surroundings. Great driving range within walking distance that a lot of the golfers love, and grills outback to grill their steaks on, are just a few of the things the guys loved. I will definitly use them again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Donna M
Dear Donna M
Thank you for choosing our Candlewood Suites for your lodging needs. We are so glad we are able to offer the accommodations that are well suited our guests. We do believe in giving each one of our guests the FREEDOM and Privacy they need to feel more like they are at home.
Thank you so much for sharing your comments with our TEAM. We look forward to seeing you in 2013!

Columbus, Georgia
Reviewed December 10, 2012

We stopped on our way to Georgia and could not have been more pleased with the hotel! The rooms were well equipped and most importantly, clean! Bobby, the boy at the front desk, was very helpful with printing out directions for us and suggested a japanese restaraunt nearby that was almost good enough to make the drive back to Fayetteville for! The entire staff was friendly and I was acknowledged by several of them on my way out and everyone went out of there way to say hello. That personal touch reminds me very much of the "southern hospitality" I have grown to love. I would stay again!

Room Tip: We had the king, and it was good. Best pillow :)
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear downwitOPP,
Thank you so much for your review. We do appreciate you letting us know how we are doing.
We do believe customer service is our #1 priority. We are glad we were able to deliver that good old "Southern Hospitality"!! Also, we are pleased you were able to enjoy the many restaurants located near the hotel.
We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in our area!
Adam K. Collier
Reviewed November 28, 2012

I come to Fort Bragg very often. I found this hotel by accident when my regular hotel screwed up my reservations. I was sent to the Candlewood Suites. I was greeted like they knew me. Service was amazing. Rooms were great. A full kitchen and fast Internet service was exactly what I was looking for. Great location and all the comforts of home. I will definitely stay here every time I come to Bragg. 5 Stars!

• Stayed October 2012
Candlewood S, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Fayetteville, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Dear Travels 45
Thank you letting us know how your recent stay with us at the Candlewood Suites was! We must admit, we are a little happy someone made that mistake, and you ended up in our hotel! We are definitely built for extended stay, and have all the comforts of home. We hope the next time you are in the area, you will be staying with us again~

Happy Holidays!!
Adam K. Collier
Fayetteville, North Carolina
Reviewed November 28, 2012

My visit was unparralled! Having spent 25 years in sales and sales management, traveling from coast to coast, living in one "hotel, motel, Inn, or residence" of all sorts, this stay (one week long) was delightful.

My wife and I were surprised with a visit and Thanksgiving gift (our stay) and anniversary gift, by my son.

Your facility is great. Your amenities are exceedingly great.
Your staff....#1 - LaJune - thanks for caring and for the wake up calls.
#2. Bobby and Candice - Thanks for tolerating my constant requests for movies =)
#3. Neisha - Your computer savy, and your smile is the best!
#4. Carolyn - Thank you for meeting our needs.
#5. Last but not least, Adam Collier, to you sir, for having the foresight and insight to recruit, hire, train, motivate, and direct the efforts of this staff.

Take care of them- as they take care of us- your guest.
-Alton Weaver 28 NOV 12

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Alton W
Thank you so much taking the time to share your comments with us on TripAdvisor! We are so happy we were able to meet and exceed your expectations! Our entire TEAM works so hard to make sure our guests feel like they are at home. We share all of our comments with our employees as to really let them know they are doing. They will be SO DELIGHTED to see this review. Please know we do appreciate your feedback and are so happy we made your stay a GREAT one!
We hope to see you again should you ever need a get a way!

Happy Holidays!
Adam K Collier
Roanoke, Virginia, United States
Reviewed November 7, 2012

We went to Fayetteville one weekend to visit some friends and they suggested we stay at the Candlewood Suites. We had never stayed at one before, but was pleasantly surprised.

The rooms were very clean and were designed as extended stay rooms with the full size frig, oven, stove top, sink, and microwave.

Please be sure to book a room on the front side of the hotel. We were on the back side and there is a night club next door. We heard thumping music during the night. Before we went to bed my husband went down and requested a room on the other side of the hotel. The staff was very nice and totally understood. We moved across the hall to a smaller room and they adjusted our bill.

This place is fairly new and clean. I would recommend this to anyone.

Room Tip: Stay on the front side of the hotel. There is a night club in a strip mall on the back side.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Candlewood S, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Fayetteville, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Dear LAH336
Thank you for letting us know how your recent stay with us! We are so pleased our suites were equipped with all the comforts and conveniences one would need to feel at home. Our TEAM prides it's self on delivering clean and comfortable rooms at all times. I am glad we were able to change the location of your suite when requested. We always try to accommodate our guests needs and requests when at all possible.
Thank you again for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. We always like to share this information with our employees to use as TEAM building exercises and training.
Safe Travels!
Santa Rosa, CA
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed here on our way to Charleston after escaping hurricane Sandy. After the so-so hotel we stayed at in Ocean City, MD, this place was like paradise. Everything about the place was nice, from the amenities to the staff. The internet access was wonderfully fast and reliable. Our "luxurious" hotel that we stayed at in Charleston (for triple the price) was not nearly as nice as Candlewood Suites room.

They have a nice store in the lobby for any commonly needed items. The laundry was free. The bed was great. The staff was very responsive....I made a comment in passing that one of the ha lights was flickering and the person actually walked back with me to change it on the spot...and this was a light in the hallway; not in my actual room!

If I had to find something to complain about, I would say that the flat screen TV was slightly small for the large size of the room. While the TV was about 37 inches, they easily had room for a 46-52 inch set.

I also would have liked to have had windows that opened, but this seems to be a rarity in all newer hotels nowadays.

Since we just stayed here as an overnight stopover, I can't say much about the location.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear caesarval
We would like to thank you for taking the time to share with us your comments regarding your stay with us at the Candlewood Suites Fayetteville/Ft. Bragg. We always love to her feedback from our guests, just to let us and others know how we are dong. At our Candlewood Suites, we try to put everything you need in your suite to make your stay more comfortable and convenient. We believe a clean, comfortable room and GREAT customer service are not reserved for expensive hotels. We love our guests and always want them to feel like they are at home while staying with us!
Thank you again for sharing!