“Let me tell ya something...”

Candlewood Suites Fayetteville
Ranked #13 of 53 Hotels in Fayetteville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed December 10, 2012

We stopped on our way to Georgia and could not have been more pleased with the hotel! The rooms were well equipped and most importantly, clean! Bobby, the boy at the front desk, was very helpful with printing out directions for us and suggested a japanese restaraunt nearby that was almost good enough to make the drive back to Fayetteville for! The entire staff was friendly and I was acknowledged by several of them on my way out and everyone went out of there way to say hello. That personal touch reminds me very much of the "southern hospitality" I have grown to love. I would stay again!

Room Tip: We had the king, and it was good. Best pillow :)
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Candlewood S, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Fayetteville, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2013

Dear downwitOPP,
Thank you so much for your review. We do appreciate you letting us know how we are doing.
We do believe customer service is our #1 priority. We are glad we were able to deliver that good old "Southern Hospitality"!! Also, we are pleased you were able to enjoy the many restaurants located near the hotel.
We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in our area!
Sincerely
Adam K. Collier

Reviewed November 28, 2012

I come to Fort Bragg very often. I found this hotel by accident when my regular hotel screwed up my reservations. I was sent to the Candlewood Suites. I was greeted like they knew me. Service was amazing. Rooms were great. A full kitchen and fast Internet service was exactly what I was looking for. Great location and all the comforts of home. I will definitely stay here every time I come to Bragg. 5 Stars!

• Stayed: October 2012
Candlewood S, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Fayetteville, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2012

Dear Travels 45
Thank you letting us know how your recent stay with us at the Candlewood Suites was! We must admit, we are a little happy someone made that mistake, and you ended up in our hotel! We are definitely built for extended stay, and have all the comforts of home. We hope the next time you are in the area, you will be staying with us again~

Happy Holidays!!
Adam K. Collier

Reviewed November 28, 2012

My visit was unparralled! Having spent 25 years in sales and sales management, traveling from coast to coast, living in one "hotel, motel, Inn, or residence" of all sorts, this stay (one week long) was delightful.

My wife and I were surprised with a visit and Thanksgiving gift (our stay) and anniversary gift, by my son.

Your facility is great. Your amenities are exceedingly great.
Your staff....#1 - LaJune - thanks for caring and for the wake up calls.
#2. Bobby and Candice - Thanks for tolerating my constant requests for movies =)
#3. Neisha - Your computer savy, and your smile is the best!
#4. Carolyn - Thank you for meeting our needs.
#5. Last but not least, Adam Collier, to you sir, for having the foresight and insight to recruit, hire, train, motivate, and direct the efforts of this staff.

Take care of them- as they take care of us- your guest.
-Alton Weaver 28 NOV 12

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Dear Alton W
Thank you so much taking the time to share your comments with us on TripAdvisor! We are so happy we were able to meet and exceed your expectations! Our entire TEAM works so hard to make sure our guests feel like they are at home. We share all of our comments with our employees as to really let them know they are doing. They will be SO DELIGHTED to see this review. Please know we do appreciate your feedback and are so happy we made your stay a GREAT one!
We hope to see you again should you ever need a get a way!

Happy Holidays!
Adam K Collier

Reviewed November 7, 2012

We went to Fayetteville one weekend to visit some friends and they suggested we stay at the Candlewood Suites. We had never stayed at one before, but was pleasantly surprised.

The rooms were very clean and were designed as extended stay rooms with the full size frig, oven, stove top, sink, and microwave.

Please be sure to book a room on the front side of the hotel. We were on the back side and there is a night club next door. We heard thumping music during the night. Before we went to bed my husband went down and requested a room on the other side of the hotel. The staff was very nice and totally understood. We moved across the hall to a smaller room and they adjusted our bill.

This place is fairly new and clean. I would recommend this to anyone.

Room Tip: Stay on the front side of the hotel. There is a night club in a strip mall on the back side.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Candlewood S, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Fayetteville, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2012

Dear LAH336
Thank you for letting us know how your recent stay with us! We are so pleased our suites were equipped with all the comforts and conveniences one would need to feel at home. Our TEAM prides it's self on delivering clean and comfortable rooms at all times. I am glad we were able to change the location of your suite when requested. We always try to accommodate our guests needs and requests when at all possible.
Thank you again for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. We always like to share this information with our employees to use as TEAM building exercises and training.
Safe Travels!

Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed here on our way to Charleston after escaping hurricane Sandy. After the so-so hotel we stayed at in Ocean City, MD, this place was like paradise. Everything about the place was nice, from the amenities to the staff. The internet access was wonderfully fast and reliable. Our "luxurious" hotel that we stayed at in Charleston (for triple the price) was not nearly as nice as Candlewood Suites room.

They have a nice store in the lobby for any commonly needed items. The laundry was free. The bed was great. The staff was very responsive....I made a comment in passing that one of the ha lights was flickering and the person actually walked back with me to change it on the spot...and this was a light in the hallway; not in my actual room!

If I had to find something to complain about, I would say that the flat screen TV was slightly small for the large size of the room. While the TV was about 37 inches, they easily had room for a 46-52 inch set.

I also would have liked to have had windows that opened, but this seems to be a rarity in all newer hotels nowadays.

Since we just stayed here as an overnight stopover, I can't say much about the location.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear caesarval
We would like to thank you for taking the time to share with us your comments regarding your stay with us at the Candlewood Suites Fayetteville/Ft. Bragg. We always love to her feedback from our guests, just to let us and others know how we are dong. At our Candlewood Suites, we try to put everything you need in your suite to make your stay more comfortable and convenient. We believe a clean, comfortable room and GREAT customer service are not reserved for expensive hotels. We love our guests and always want them to feel like they are at home while staying with us!
Thank you again for sharing!

Reviewed October 30, 2012

First, upon checking in, I was told that the hotel would not be able to honor my “State Government-US” rate, made via their website (ichotelsgroup.com), because I must be employed by the “State of North Carolina”, and not the State where I was traveling from on business, which is Connecticut. I have stayed at various hotels, in different States, and they all honor similar rates quoted by their websites as an out-of-state employee. Because I reserved twwo rooms, and the hotel's refusal to honor the "State Government-US" rate, this hotel stay incurred additional $140.00, approximately. Second, I had to wait for an available room, after the “check-in time” of 3:00 PM, after traveling approximately 12 hours via car. Next, the hotel is located next to a sports bar/comedy/night club, and you will hear thumping music until 2:00 AM on weekends. In addition, I noticed police activity in the parking lot of this establishment, named, "It'z Sports Bar & Grill, Nite Club, Cigar Bar". Last, on the other side of the hotel is a golf driving range without a fence or net. I find it hard to believe that guests' cars parked in front of the hotel are not occasional struck by golf balls. I will never stay here again. I will say that the room was very clean, and it located very close to restaurants, a mall, and Walmart. However, in light of the hotel's poor location, price, and management, I would not recommend that anyone stay at this location. There are better hotels in the area, such as the Wingate.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank AnnoymousCT
Candlewood S, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Fayetteville, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2012

Dear AnnoymousCT
Thank you your GREAT comments on our rooms and location. They were much appreciated!

As explained previously by Management, our STATE RATE is for EMPLOYEES of the STATE OF NC traveling on OFFICIAL BUSINESS.
The state per diem is considerably lower than most hotels BEST available rate. These rates have restrictions and they are stated as such. Furthermore you WERE NOT TRAVELING on business. Our staff and Management did give you the lowest discount available which was the FEDERAL govt rate. A HOMECOMING celebration would not qualify you for business travel.
The room that was assigned to you at check in was INDEED ready for you, but as you requested a particular floor and location, and not the room that was assigned, you indeed have to wait for that. You even mentioned that it would be no problem, and you would go to your friends room and wait, as you wanted that particular floor.
The "police activity" you saw at the business next door is indeed their security! Their owner actually pays more to have MARKED, UNIFORMED POLICE as their security to ensure there are no problems in their parking lot. How lucky to have a police presence right next door to us! And to put your fears of the golf range next door to rest, we do not have problems with it. The owner angles the drivers in a certain way to ensure they do not hit anything here. And to go an extra step further, the owner of the golf course has agreed to replace or repair any damage that may occur.
We hate that your "issue" with the NC STATE rate caused you to have such a miserable time, especially, attending such a GREAT celebration that was being held in town.

Hope your travels are safe, and as always, Thank you for sharing YOUR comments regarding your stay.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

I had a great stay at this hotel....I booked it via phone with Shauna who was extremely helpful, polite and accomodating. Upon my check-In the clerk ( oh my god...can't remember his name..sorry) was also polite and took his time to explain everything to us....the room was emaculate...I could seriously live there...I also loved chatting with the wonderful maintenance guys...they know who they are:)..It was out the way but still close enough to everything....just the way I like it....Thank you all so much....I will definitely stay there again....
DLumbrazo

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Dear Diana L
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with our TEAM and TripAdvisor! We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. Shauna and Bobby are truly an asset to our hotel as is our entire TEAM. We believe great customer service should be the normal, not the exception!
Our hotel is definitely designed for living and having a temporary place to call home.
We Thank you again for sharing!
Always have Safe travels~