“Still Working out Kinks”

Home2 Suites by Hilton Fayetteville, NC
Ranked #5 of 50 Hotels in Fayetteville
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Still Working out Kinks”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2011

My family stayed at this fairly new hotel once on our way to Florida, and once on our way home. The service was excellent, and all the staff were very friendly--up to Hilton's standards. The beds were very comfortable, the room spacious, and the pool and gym nice and clean. I appreciated that the pool hours begun at 6:00 a.m. so we could take the kids swimming before our long drive. I liked the dispensers with the Neutrogena shampoo and bodywash, but missed having conditioner--not quite sure why that was not included. Although fairly new, the shower curtain in one of our rooms was mildewed (I suppose due to the eco-friendly cleaners--note to Hilton--you need strong cleaners in a hotel!). The breakfast was very sparse and in a small area. For being an eco-friendly hotel, I thought the lobby of the hotel felt like a meat-locker. This is a little detail, but I like that they have trash cans with regular trash and recyclables on all the floors. There is an excellent restaurant just down the street (The Mash House) with great food, beer and service.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
H2GMFayetteville_NC, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Fayetteville, NC, responded to this review, September 13, 2011
Dear WearyTraveler2007;
Thank you for taking the time to share your stay with us here at the Home2 Suites Fayetteville. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay over all and the comforts that the Home2 offers. With being a new brand, there are some minor kinks that we are working out and glad that you are patient with us. I do apologize for the issue regarding the shower curtain in your room and certainly an over sight on our part. This is some thing that the team has done further training/spot checking for and I can assure you won't happen again. We look forward to your next visit with us on your way to or from Florida. If there is any thing that myself or the team can do for you, please be sure to let us know.
Shane Bussino

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Ashburn, VA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2011

This is a pretty new property. Stayed here for one night during a quick trip to Fayetteville. We had two rooms and want to mention that they couldn't offer us connecting rooms because there aren't any. Or atleast that's what the front desk Rep told us. The rooms are spacious with a pleasant contemporary decor. Both rooms had a king & full sofa bed, a decent size fridge, microwave, dishwasher, wet bar, dishes (plates/bowls/ coffee mugs/tublers) and silverware. It was great to have takout in our room and eat on real dinnerware. The room can be split in two sections via a curtain. The king bed & sofa bed were very comfortable but this facility did not have a choice of Pillows (soft/firm etc) like the traditional Hiltons have.

The bathroom was decent size with Neutrogena shampoo & body gel dispensor. No lotion or conditioner was provided. There were few flaws which were minor enough that I did not feel it was necessary to inform reception since we were only staying for one night. We requested extra pillows from housekeeping and a Rep from reception brought it up for us promptly. Very nice.

Our room was right next to an elevator, we requested to be moved but the hotel was sold out that night so they couldn't. Turned out to be a non-issue because the walls appear to be pretty thick. They had complimentary breakfast in the lobby with usual continental offerings. Nice for a quick bite before heading out. The hotel is located just mins from various restaurants. So there are plenty of options for dining.

Overall, its a good hotel with clean/spacious rooms whether you're staying for just one night or extended stay.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Dear Valued Traveler;
From all of us here at the Home2 Suites Fayetteville, we want to Thank You for being our guest and for enjoying your stay. Although it was brief, we hope that the next time you are in the area you will choose to stay with us again and enjoy the many great benefits of a Home2 Suites. I apologize that we didn't have a connecting room available during your stay, however it appears it ended up not being a problem. Again, we do appreciate the great review and look forward to having you as our guests again.
Shane Bussino
North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2011

Stayed one night and was not overall impressed. Great decor. Decor is modern and contemporary. Rooms are large and have extras like kitchenette and two tvs. Room was clean except for linens on one of the beds; it had permenant stains. We stayed in room above outdoor lounge area. Not a good room because of noise. People were talking loudly up until 2:00 am. That was not the only noise issue we had. Walls and floors are thin. Poorly designed; appeared to lack insulation. We heard guests in next room talking and running the dishwasher at 1:00am. Also there were kids above us and they constantly ran around in their room so we had noise coming from every direction. When I mentioned all of the noise at checkout, I was told this is a prototype. Issues that should be gained from this prototype. Better insulation is absolutely necessary! Institute quiet time hours and let your guests know about them but more importantly enforce them. For your outdoor lounge, it is designed for people to congregate but noise bothering other guests is a major drawback. You can remedy this by placing a top over the lounge area and having the lounge only open during certain hours like your pool hours. Because of all the noise, my family finally got to sleep around 2:30 am so we sleep as long as possible. We did not awake in time for breakfast so I can not comment on how it was. I did not like the breakfast area looked because it was one long table with high seats. To me that would have been crowded. I prefer individual tables. Last issue was no lotion provided in bathroom. I expected lotion at a Hilton brand. Outdoor pool was heated salt water pool. My family enjoyed the pool! Toured the exercise room but did not use it. It looked fine. The working wall was well thought out. Check out was busy; only had one attendant on duty and she had her hands full. She was trying to work on a complaint of noise from 4th floor. The floor above ours. Appeared to be the same guests with the children running around above our room and perform check out duties as well. Again when I mentioned the thin walls and floors, her comment was this is a prototype. Hopefully this review will be helpful not only to other travelers but maybe also to the Home2Suites management who can pass all feedback on to the Hilton Execs.

Room Tip: request on a room on top floor at the end of hall--maybe this will reduce your chance of noise
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
annapolis, md
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2011

I kind of liked the loud colors and modern feel to this property. Traditionalists might wince at the design and the decor, but we really enjoyed it. The hotel was very clean, bright, and the hotel staff was beyond gracious. Talk about Southern hospitality.

All the rooms are identical, but first floor suites have much higher ceilings which give it a loftier feel. It took awhile to get used to the one long wall being just a series of shelving, desks, drawers, appliances, etc. but after awhile we got used to it and the amount of storage is incredible. You do kind of feel like it is an office setting first, than a bedroom, but we were ok with that.

The bathroom was small but had four hooks and a vanity with plenty of storage and DRAWERS! I realize this hotel is an extended stay facility but all hotels should provide this type of space since you usually bring the same amount of toiletries (and gadgets like shavers, hair dryers, etc) if you are staying 1 night or 1 month. The water pressure in the shower was excellent and the fixtures were good quality as were the towels.

The beds, as mentioned before were very comfortable, although I was happy I brought along my down pillow from home as I like mine squishy. The microwave was great, not like the cheap ones you often find elsewhere.

The pool area was small but nice and clean with a BBQ nearby. One night we grilled some pork chops and had a family meal outdoors. It was nice to have that option. We thought the breakfast that was served, was more than adequate. It was laid out exceptionally well and had a good selection of breads, bagels, juices, and yogurt. Their breakfast sandwiches were just ok, but they definitely had enough of an assortment of items to get a good start to your day.

The staff was truly exceptional. Happy, smiling, and always there to help. We were certainly pleased with our stay, although I think this Hilton chain should consider a name change.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Richmond
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2011

I travel quite a bit for business and have stayed in a lot of hotels. I loved Home2 Suites! The room was spacious and had full-sized appliances. The bed was so comfortable and the sheets were super soft. The towels were big and fluffy, too. The breakfast bar had all kinds of fun stuff to put on your cereal. There were several nice places to sit outside with comfortable and cozy outdoor furniture. The staff was very friendly. I only stayed one night this trip, but I'll definitely be back!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Fernandina Beach, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2011

I'm a big fan of Hilton properties and wanted to try their new style of hotel. It is indeed different. Hilton is going for "the green", reducing waste, recycling, etc. I was especially interested in staying here after the review of another Hilton Honors member. The style is indeed modern. It's colorful. And different. If going for the green, my room, upon entering, was 66 degrees. A meat locker. Not so green! I liked the design of the room... fine for 2-3 people. Probably not for a family. TV was the largest I have ever experienced in a hotel. I do agree with the Diamond member about breakfast. Not enough space. Seemingly meant for business travelers. Food choice was "very Spartan". If you're on a health kick then it's a perfect place for you. Would I stay at this location again? No. Its location is on the far west side of Fayetteville, well off the beaten path. Would I stay at other Home2 Suites? Perhaps. It all depends on what other Hilton properties are nearby.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
San Diego, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2011

I stayed at the Home 2 Suites in Fayetteville for three weeks while attending a training course in preparation for a military deployment to the Middle East. As a person who thinks sleep is super important, its all about the bed for me, and the beds are awesome in this hotel! In addition to the actual bed being very nice and comfortable, the sheets are so soft, it was like laying in the clouds. I heard other folks in the lobby talking about the sheets too.

I liked the overall design of my king studio suite. It was a perfect mix of elegant and minimalist, using a simple curtain to separate the bed from the large living room section. I loved the full-size appliances of microwave, refrigerator and even a dishwasher. I particularly appreciated the real 4-cup coffee maker so I could make my own preferred brand of coffee. The very large (50 inch, I think) flat panel TV was easily able to be tilted toward the bed or the couch. For the amount of clothing and gear that I had to bring, there was ample storage in the closet and cabinets. I also really liked the room darkening shade that was installed inside the window frame.

The bathroom was a little small, but I loved the large modern sink cabinet with plenty of counter space and awesome drawers and under sink shelf for additional storage. The hotel provided ample large bath towels which were still white and smelled nice.

I used the gym on a regular basis during my stay. The cable rack was a great addition to what most small hotels usually have, and the full rack of dumbells was also perfect. There were two treadmills, an elliptical and a cardio bike, all of which were top brand name equipment. I enjoyed really good workouts using this hotel gym.

I want to give kudos for the free high speed internet in both the lobby and the room. I never had a problem getting online at anytime of the day and I was able to Skype with my family from inside my room.

The only area that I thought needed improvement was the housekeeping. Not necessarily the quality of the housekeeping, but the consistency. Some days I had hand towels, some days not. Some days they vacuumed, some days they didn't. There is an "eco-friendly" housekeeping policy at this hotel that I found confusing and on at least one occasion, I had to ask for them to come and clean my room.

Overall I was very pleased with this hotel. At one point I had an issue with extending my reservation, and the manager bent over backwards to solve my problem. I will definitely come back to this hotel when I return to the states.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business